Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20440 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Does this mean no more Sea Island confabs? No more Rove-Romney-Kristol-Bush-Cruz-Beck-Levin moves to prevail over the will of the citizen/voters ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

Does this mean no more Sea Island confabs? No more Rove-Romney-Kristol-Bush-Cruz-Beck-Levin moves to prevail over the will of the citizen/voters ??
This means that from this point forward #neverTrump activism is a Hillary operation.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online GrouchoTex

TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL
Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination

http://www.foxnews.com/
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/6fb6b090e8734d8593c0dc65658a4afa/trump-reaches-magic-number-delegates-clinch-nomination

Who would have thought, one month ago, that the Republican convention would be end up being a quiet affair and the Democrat convention would be the one in disarray?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:07:40 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online libertybele

We all knew he was going to eventually get enough delegates.  He has the majority needed.  There should be no doubt, no rumors, no more possibilities, or what ifs...Trumps will be our nominee. He has roughly 5 months in which to either completely obliterate his chances as he is currently doing by alienating voters or get it together and start unifying the party. 

At this point I predict Hillary will be forced to step down and we will see a Sanders/Warren ticket.  Good luck with that one Donny!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

There is a (another) fairly detailed this time article on Yahoo news this morning explaining how Trump could still not get the nomination depending on the rules committee.

Offline Mechanicos

We all knew he was going to eventually get enough delegates.  He has the majority needed.  There should be no doubt, no rumors, no more possibilities, or what ifs...Trumps will be our nominee. He has roughly 5 months in which to either completely obliterate his chances as he is currently doing by alienating voters or get it together and start unifying the party. 

At this point I predict Hillary will be forced to step down and we will see a Sanders/Warren ticket.  Good luck with that one Donny!
The chatter is Hillary gets the Nom. but steps down and Biden takes her place. They appear to not want the Old Communist.

Offline WAC

Trump seals the deal  ????   

Let's see how that "deal" plays in the general. ...if he gets that far.... Many will sit this election out if something doesn't materialize at

convention. I hope the RNC denies him representing the party...he sure doesn't represent me!

Offline Mechanicos

There is a (another) fairly detailed this time article on Yahoo news this morning explaining how Trump could still not get the nomination depending on the rules committee.
They are yanking chains. The RNC has already put the stop to all such games. They can and will strip the delegates who try it. The Convention is still under the RNC. 

Offline WAC

Will be interesting to see what the rules committee does before convention......ain't over til the fat lady sings!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
AP: Trump reaches the magic number to clinch nomination
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 03:16:20 pm »
May 26, 10:45 AM EDT

Trump reaches the magic number to clinch nomination
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER and JONATHAN LEMIRE

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Donald Trump reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president Thursday, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter fall campaign.

Trump was put over the top in the Associated Press delegate count by a small number of the party's unbound delegates who told the AP they would support him at the national convention in July. Among them is Oklahoma GOP chairwoman Pam Pollard.

"I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn't like where our country is," Pollard said. "I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump."

It takes 1,237 delegates to win the Republican nomination. Trump has reached 1,238. With 303 delegates at stake in five state primaries on June 7, Trump will easily pad his total, avoiding a contested convention in Cleveland.

more at:   http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_2016_ELECTION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-05-26-10-19-46

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Will be interesting to see what the rules committee does before convention......ain't over til the fat lady sings!

Any unbound delegate with a conservative bone in their body should not vote for Trump. Hope sanity prevails at the convention.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

Re: AP: Trump reaches the magic number to clinch nomination
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning........it smells like....VICTORY!!"       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:patriot:     :lotsosmileys:         :lotsosmileys:        :lotsosmileys:         :lotsosmileys:       :patriot:

Offline WAC

This means that from this point forward #neverTrump activism is a Hillary operation.

No it's not.....he still has to be accepted as the RNC/GOP Representative at convention....and the rules committee meets just before that....

they could deny him the election. I hope they do regardless of the public outcry....they're already wetting their pants anyway....

Offline WAC

Any unbound delegate with a conservative bone in their body should not vote for Trump. Hope sanity prevails at the convention.

Yep.....this isn't over yet....there's plays yet to be made and I a hopefull they will be.....unfortunately themedia will continue to paint their

own picture of what's going on, they really haven't a clue what the RNC is doing.....

Online libertybele

The chatter is Hillary gets the Nom. but steps down and Biden takes her place. They appear to not want the Old Communist.

I could be wrong, but Biden would have to qualify and get on the ballot which is a time consuming task.  Whether they like it or not, Bernie has a lot of support and adding Warren to the ticket would be a pretty darn hard ticket to beat.  Bernie already has supporters and wigwam Warren would appeal to the LGBT's, women and progressives in general in addition, they've given her a made position to groom her for VP.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

(You asked for it   :laugh: )

Online DCPatriot

As far as I'm concerned, #NeverTrump should be declared a 'Forum Terrorist' organization.     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

Online libertybele

As far as I'm concerned, #NeverTrump should be declared a 'Forum Terrorist' organization.     :smokin:

Hello. My name is libertybele, and I AM a Forum Terrorist!  The only person who is going to change my mind from being #NeverTrump is Donny himself.  He just keeps digging his hole ... he dug about another foot with his comments on Martinez.  She is an excellent speaker, female and Hispanic.  I don't know of anyone else that would have helped his ticket any more.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:27:39 pm by libertybele »

Online libertybele

No it's not.....he still has to be accepted as the RNC/GOP Representative at convention....and the rules committee meets just before that....

they could deny him the election. I hope they do regardless of the public outcry....they're already wetting their pants anyway....

The RNC/GOP would be committing political suicide if they deny Trump the election.  He has won the MAJORITY period.  That would be like Cruz or Kasich or Rubio getting the majority and then changing the rules after the fact.  Secondly, I was under the understanding that they cannot change the rules before the first round of balloting.  He has enough delegates to give him the nomination; those delegates are bound.

Online GrouchoTex

How FR of you!

Offline Mechanicos

Real world FACT:  RNC OWNS the Convention -its under them and that have made it clear no such party destroying games will be allowed. Delegates who try likely will be removed and their vote will be cast for them.

Offline Longiron

Trump seals the deal  ????   

Let's see how that "deal" plays in the general. ...if he gets that far.... Many will sit this election out if something doesn't materialize at

convention. I hope the RNC denies him representing the party...he sure doesn't represent me!

He does not represent you, GOOD! Join Whoppie and Rev Al and a few more who said they will move out of the country when TRUMP becomes POTUS or VOTE Hillary or Bernie. Your choice! get out of the way their is a TRAIN coming and taking no prisoners and they will not be allowed to vote either! :silly: