Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20385 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The field was left open for Trump since Indiana.....his endorsements have been weak at best across the board and certainly show the

GOP/RNC continues to "stall" supporting the man for obvious reasons.  Convention ahead....I suspect some surprises once the

committee sets the rules prior.

Trump has won the delegate COUNT required........that does not mean he has won the Primary.

The rules committee does not set the rules! They only make a recommendation to the convention and the convention can amend them to their heart's content before finally adopting them!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:01:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia

• Your photo was taken seven years AFTER Bush left office.
  • A Clinton did not run against Bush.
  • It was Trump that Clinton urged to run for President, not Bush.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Gotta hand it to those Clintons.  They couldn't have picked a better loser for Hillary to run against.

That was the plan from day one and it worked to perfection!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

How do you decide which ones are the good ones?
How did you determine Cruz was a good one?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline WAC

Okay. What do you estimate the probability to be, of Trump failing to get the nomination?

Well obvious the Trump supporters will revolt...but that has been done in the past when a candidate has lost, it calms down over time.

As for who the Party might put forth as an alternative isn't clear.....it's not like they would step up to the plate in this wack-o primary.

Those interested had done just that when this Primary began and most barely got heard for 'the media's desire for a show' rather than

an election, along with a population now accustomed to celebrity candidates as we saw with Obama.

Therefore I certainly can't say what the RNC has in mind if anything...........that remains to be seen......but they sure haven't rallied

behind Trump at this juncture which can indicate "something else" might be in the pipeline. ...I am hoping so.

geronl

Not my circus, not my orangutan.

Offline Hoodat

The only person who is going to change my mind from being #NeverTrump is Donny himself.  He just keeps digging his hole ... he dug about another foot with his comments on Martinez.

Ditto.  As long as little Donny remains #NeverConservative, I will remain #NeverTrump
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ditto.  As long as little Donny remains #NeverConservative, I will remain #NeverTrump

Trump is like Chuancey the Gardener from the Movie Being There. 

Stumbles through the process unexplainably intact.  Campaign can be described as suicidal.  Orangey would be in the 20's% support this year if there would have been  a strong dim candidate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WAC

The rules committee does not set the rules! They only make a recommendation to the convention and the convention can amend them to their heart's content before finally adopting them!

There are actually two rules committees at play.

One is the Republican National Committee's Standing Rules Committee, a permanent body of 56 members that meets three times each

year between conventions.

Before this year’s GOP convention begins on July 18, it will have ironed out' a package of rules that essentially serves as a starting

point' for the convention. ...

.....Then,...... the' Convention-Specific Rules Committee' will take that guide and decide 'on the official rules' for the convention. 

That entire rules package for the convention would 'then need to be ratified with a majority vote of the 2,472 delegates' attending the

convention. 

The convention-specific committee includes one man and one woman from each of the 56 states and territories that play a role in

picking the GOP nominee.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
How did you determine Cruz was a good one?

Fair question.

Cruz ran against David Dewhurst here in Texas, as an outsider and dark horse, making the case for a return to Constitutional principles without compromise.  He was opposed by the state GOP establishment and managed to force the nomination to a run-off, which he then won.  I was happy to vote for him because he advocated the things I believe in (constitutional principles without compromise).  He continued to do so in the US Senate, and in my opinion stood almost alone in trying to do whatever he could to resist Obamacare.  He was blamed, in my opinion unfairly, for shutting down the government with corresponding predictions of a Republican disaster at the polls at the next election; in fact the Republicans won big at the next election, and I don't recall anyone in the GOP establishment acknowledging that they had been proven wrong about the effect of the shutdown.

I would have preferred that Cruz not run for president this time, since he's in his first term.  His mannerism puts people off, frequently coming across as overly-dramatic and scripted.  He should develop a more natural style of delivery.  His tactics on amending the gang of 8 bill were legitimately questioned during this campaign and his response was weak, although I support his approach of killing the bill via amendment.  His campaign made some unforced errors which others of course used to their own advantage.  But with his imperfections, he advocates what I believe in, and I'm more concerned about that substance than about shortcomings in his style.

Now, my question to you is not why you support Trump, it is how you distinguish good republicans from bad ones.
James 1:20

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There are actually two rules committees at play.

One is the Republican National Committee's Standing Rules Committee, a permanent body of 56 members that meets three times each

year between conventions.

Before this year’s GOP convention begins on July 18, it will have ironed out' a package of rules that essentially serves as a starting

point' for the convention. ...

.....Then,...... the' Convention-Specific Rules Committee' will take that guide and decide 'on the official rules' for the convention. 

That entire rules package for the convention would 'then need to be ratified with a majority vote of the 2,472 delegates' attending the

convention. 

The convention-specific committee includes one man and one woman from each of the 56 states and territories that play a role in

picking the GOP nominee.

OK!

Glad we have it straight!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

As far as I'm concerned, #NeverTrump should be declared a 'Forum Terrorist' organization.     :smokin:

Bwahahaha!  Indeed!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

Trump got the required number without the endorsement of Cruz, Ryan, Romney and the Bushes (among others). They've made themselves worse than irrelevant.
:beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL
Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination

http://www.foxnews.com/
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/6fb6b090e8734d8593c0dc65658a4afa/trump-reaches-magic-number-delegates-clinch-nomination

I hate to be a wet blanket, but doesn't "unbound" mean they can vote any way they want on the first ballot?  The way I understand the rules, it's not over until he gets 1237 bound delegates.  This celebration is a little premature (only a little.  He WILL lock it up June7).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline flowers

This is my favorite statement of all, and clearly demonstrates the cognitive dissonance of Trumpettes!

We're sick of the GOPe! We're sick of the establishment! Republicans have let us down time and time again! Trump is an outsider! He will fight the system!

[Trump becomes part of the system - a prostitution system, mind you, in which he was already the John, and hardly an outsider. Trumpettes pivot...]

HOW DARE YOU STAND AGAINST REPUBLICANS!!! YOU MUST BE FOR HILLARY!

Get your story straight... if you are able.

What is wrong with that story?????????    What don't you get about this?  We want Trump.

Offline flowers

Hello. My name is libertybele, and I AM a Forum Terrorist!  The only person who is going to change my mind from being #NeverTrump is Donny himself.  He just keeps digging his hole ... he dug about another foot with his comments on Martinez.  She is an excellent speaker, female and Hispanic.  I don't know of anyone else that would have helped his ticket any more.
His comments about Martinez are spot on. She wasn't going to back him. Her state gets some of the most fed/taxpayer money than any other state in the union. She is a major part of the problem.

Offline bolobaby

What is wrong with that story?????????    What don't you get about this?  We want Trump.

If I have to explain it...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline flowers

If I have to explain it...
No don't.................I was trying to explain it to you.......We want Trump, not gonna change my mind.

Offline Mechanicos

Right after Wisconsin, Manafort was on CNN.. snd calmly stated that Trump would have it wrapped up by Mid May, and that he’d end up with about 1400 delegates. The female host was stunned.this was when they all thought there would be a contested convention...Manafort is a impressive guy.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

Offline Mechanicos

Offline kidd

As far as I'm concerned, #NeverTrump should be declared a 'Forum Terrorist' organization.     :smokin:

Hogwash. #NeverTrump and #NeverClinton and #NeverSanders can easily be the same person.

If 100,000 conservative voters from each of these 9 deep-Red states: Idaho, Utah, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina
and 100,000 conservative voters from each of these 11 deep-blue states: Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maryland, New Jersey, Illinois, Hawaii, California, Washington, Oregon

switched their vote from Donald Trump to Darrell Castle, then

1. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton would still win the same exact number of states as if nobody switched their votes
2. The Constitution Party would send a strong message to the GOP that its base doesn't want big government, immoral land seizure, gay "marriage", or loose abortion laws
3. The Constitution Party would win ~5% of the popular vote and would push the GOP back towards its conservative base, rather than cater to the squishy middle.

Hardly the act of a "terrorist" (an over-used word in any case).

Offline flowers

I hate to be a wet blanket, but doesn't "unbound" mean they can vote any way they want on the first ballot?  The way I understand the rules, it's not over until he gets 1237 bound delegates.  This celebration is a little premature (only a little.  He WILL lock it up June7).

The AP reports that Trump was has reached 1,238 delegates, put over the 1,237 needed to win the nomination by a small number of the party’s unbound delegates who said they would support him at the convention
  They say they will support him at the convention.......good point cyber.

@mystery-ak  are you now going to back Trump?

Offline sinkspur

His comments about Martinez are spot on. She wasn't going to back him. Her state gets some of the most fed/taxpayer money than any other state in the union. She is a major part of the problem.

Trashing a Hispanic female governor is stupid, and Trump is going to pay for it. Why in hell should other Republicans back him when he continues to trash members of his supposed party?

And Martinez is a part of what Problem?  She's fixed the state's budget and won twice in a purple state.

Trump is a sociopath. And he is going to lose.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.