Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20383 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wait....what?  So now Trump's a conservative??

Not even close.  Pretense was toward electability.  But I figured you were smart enough to realize that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump got the required number without the endorsement of Cruz, Ryan, Romney and the Bushes (among others). They've made themselves worse than irrelevant.

For Romney and the Bushes to sign on to his candidacy when their support wasn't even needed for him to win the nomination would have been even more irrelevant.   Why bother?

As far as Cruz and Rubio, they are both young men, and their relevancy likely will not be defined by this one election.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump has announced plans to hold a victory news conference in just over an hour in Bismarck, North Dakota.
DT Jr celebrates victory:

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) May 26, 2016

1237 ✔️

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Bow to the Trump god or else. Never. Consider me just another forum terrorist. Lovely leftist tactic. Name calling a la Trump. It figures.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WAC

I understand your point.  I just want to know why you feel the need to post it over and over and over again.

You must expect something as a reaction.  I'd like to know what that expectation is.

Well I guess I should take that as a compliment that you noticed my attempts at finding my way around this new site.  I hadn't noticed

that my posts were specific to you.  So I guess if you're taking them as such it may be best to do as you say and put me on your ignore

list. Then you won't have to be concerned about what is or not "expected".  I don't post with that in mind....

So best now we cease this discussion further either way you choose.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Donald Trump has announced plans to hold a victory news conference in just over an hour in Bismarck, North Dakota.
DT Jr celebrates victory:

(Yawn)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

No it doesn't.......The Republican Party... 'officially'.... nominates its candidate for President at  the national convention....we're not

there yet.  Nor have the rules been established.
Lets put it to rest. The Party will not let crazy people destroy the party with what you are dreaming about. And make no mistake, it will destroy the GOP to even try it. Nobody selected from such antics would win and those massive number of Trump people would punish the broken remaining remnants of the GOP.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Oceander

#NeverTrump

"Never" means never.

Offline bolobaby

Trumpettes before:

We're sick of the GOPe! We're sick of the establishment! Republicans have let us down time and time again! Trump is an outsider! He will fight the system!

Trumpettes after:

Lets put it to rest. The Party will not let crazy people destroy the party with what you are dreaming about. And make no mistake, it will destroy the GOP to even try it. Nobody selected from such antics would win and those massive number of Trump people would punish the broken remaining remnants of the GOP.

GO GOP!

You figure it out.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline austingirl

Trump has already destroyed the GOP- probably planned all along with his buds- The Clinton Crime Family. Of course it is now the "worker's party per dear Leader. :silly:

Online Hoodat

Gotta hand it to those Clintons.  They couldn't have picked a better loser for Hillary to run against.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Nobody is saying to not vote your conscious. Its the Activism above that thats a problem now. Its Anti Republican party from this point forward.

So anti-Republican party activism is bad?  Here is what you told me in a different thread :

"I do not donate to the RNC. Things such as their vote last night to codify Obama's Pervert EO is why."

Although I'm anti-Trump, I think it's long past the time for anti-Trumpers to get over the fact that he is the nominee; when Cruz accepted that reality, so did I.  But so far I've not found any consistency in the pro-Trump position, including your two propositions :

1.  anti-Trump activism is now anti-Republican party activism so it should cease
2.  the RNC is unworthy of financial support because of Republican votes in Congress

Which is it?  If you won't give them money because of their Congressional votes, why do you care if I hurt them indirectly through anti-Trump activism?
James 1:20

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well I guess I should take that as a compliment that you noticed my attempts at finding my way around this new site.  I hadn't noticed that my posts were specific to you.  So I guess if you're taking them as such it may be best to do as you say and put me on your ignore list. Then you won't have to be concerned about what is or not "expected".  I don't post with that in mind....

So best now we cease this discussion further either way you choose.

My post to you was meant as neither an insult nor a compliment.  It was a serious question.  A large group of unknown people have come to this site with that specific message:  "I am voting my conscience"--as though you're the only people in the world who do that.

I just want you to know why y'all keep posting this mantra.  We ALL vote our conscience.  There is nothing special about you doing it.  So--do you have an underlying message or reason for continuing to post this---or are you simply trying to convince yourself that helping Hillary win is a righteous thing to do?   :shrug:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Gotta hand it to those Clintons.  They couldn't have picked a better loser for Hillary to run against.

That may be the sleaziest 1 cubic meter of space in the history of American Politics

Offline Mechanicos

So anti-Republican party activism is bad?  Here is what you told me in a different thread :

"I do not donate to the RNC. Things such as their vote last night to codify Obama's Pervert EO is why."

Although I'm anti-Trump, I think it's long past the time for anti-Trumpers to get over the fact that he is the nominee; when Cruz accepted that reality, so did I.  But so far I've not found any consistency in the pro-Trump position, including your two propositions :

1.  anti-Trump activism is now anti-Republican party activism so it should cease
2.  the RNC is unworthy of financial support because of Republican votes in Congress

Which is it?  If you won't give them money because of their Congressional votes, why do you care if I hurt them indirectly through anti-Trump activism?
Its not rocket Science. As you OMITTED I said I donate directly to the Candidates I support. They are all GOP. The Activism of #neverTrump is now destructive to the entire GOP party - even the good ones. So vote as you wish as is your right. But attacking the party via its designated representative is now stupid and suicidal.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
W's running for a 3rd term?  Another BREAKING NEWS story from RIV.

Offline austingirl

That may be the sleaziest 1 cubic meter of space in the history of American Politics

Well, there is Obama who has successfully fundamentally transformed America.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Will be interesting to see what the rules committee does before convention......ain't over til the fat lady sings!

Okay. What do you estimate the probability to be, of Trump failing to get the nomination?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The Activism of #neverTrump is now destructive to the entire GOP party - even the good ones.

How do you decide which ones are the good ones?
James 1:20

Offline sinkspur

Its not rocket Science. As you OMITTED I said I donate directly to the Candidates I support. They are all GOP. The Activism of #neverTrump is now destructive to the entire GOP party - even the good ones. So vote as you wish as is your right. But attacking the party via its designated representative is now stupid and suicidal.

I'm not a Republican so I don't give a damn about your "party."  And you are not going to shut me up.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
My post to you was meant as neither an insult nor a compliment.  It was a serious question.  A large group of unknown people have come to this site with that specific message:  "I am voting my conscience"--as though you're the only people in the world who do that.

I just want you to know why y'all keep posting this mantra.  We ALL vote our conscience.  There is nothing special about you doing it.  So--do you have an underlying message or reason for continuing to post this---or are you simply trying to convince yourself that helping Hillary win is a righteous thing to do?   :shrug:

Excellent observation! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Bogus comment.  You will find that we will be even more hell bent to keep the Orange Charlatan from ruining the chances of all down ballot candidates.  Keeping the senate,  house, and state houses may be the only way to save this country from Trump or Hitlerly's agenda.

Offline sinkspur

Here's RIV, beating up on new posters again.  Is this your way to unite everybody behind your guy?

Trump's boorish attitude has certainly rubbed off on you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As far as I'm concerned, #NeverTrump should be declared a 'Forum Terrorist' organization.     :smokin:

You just earned yourself a slot on my ignore list! 

We'll see what you have actually won!

#Nevertrump!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:52:08 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien