Author Topic: Is It Getting To Be About the Time When the #NeverTrumpers Should Go Radio Silent?  (Read 12181 times)

Offline skeeter

Fair enough. And it's also fair to remember WE will get Clinton. If the wench is elected, I'll remind you of that as long as the fairness doctrine allows it.

Hillary vs. Trump

Like choosing a crap sandwich on whole wheat or sliced sourdough.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When both of them pose the same amount of danger, why should we care which one of the two unacceptable candidates it supposedly helps?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Relic

Hey, no problem. We'll also remind you that YOU chose the LOSER to represent our side in the primary. We'll also remind you that WE were very clear from the get-go that we would NEVER support him, and you chose him anyway.

Therefore, you did the calculus and decided, "It doesn't matter that they say they will NEVER support him, I'm going to back this turd sandwich in the primary and hope for the best."

So, whose fault will it be really?

(And don't give me any BS line about "I picked the guy most likely to win." At the time Trump started to lead, he was losing in the head-to-heads against Hillary while Cruz was winning. His unfavorables were also the highest. There was NO empirical evidence that he would be the best choice. Things only started to look up for him after he lied, lied, lied about and smeared, smeared, smeared Ted Cruz.)

I'll simply remind you that you are an overemotional, hypersensitive little girl.

I didn't choose Trump, I've posted it many times, but either your emotion blinds you, or you prefer to call me a liar.

Either way, that renders you useless.

Offline Relic

Hillary vs. Trump

Like choosing a crap sandwich on whole wheat or sliced sourdough.

That's so clever... must be why you're over using it, eh?

Guess what sparky? We are going to get one of those delicacies.

Offline bolobaby

Commanding? Commanding implies some sort of authority. At best, it's a suggestion.

I understand, your emotions are raw, and Trump has you tied in knots. Breathe.

The post only suggests that given Trump as the nominee, continued attacks on Trump only help Hillary. Some here are honest enough to admit they want to help Hillary versus Trump. I respect honesty.

As for conservatives? That's a funny one. Part of the FRefugee syndrome? You're all pure conservatives right?  :silly:

See my initial response to this question.

What does #NeverTrump have to *gain* by going "radio silent?"

(And don't say, "Hillary won't get elected," because the way we see it, six of one, half dozen of another.)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Relic

When both of them pose the same amount of danger, why should we care which one of the two unacceptable candidates it supposedly helps?

Because this is reality. You can either choose which one, try to figure out to the best of your ability which of them would do the least amount of damage.

Or, you can whine and cry and say the situation is bad so the consequences of what you do doesn't matter.
(That sounds so much like what a liberal would do, I swear I feel like I'm back at TBL).

Offline bolobaby

I'll simply remind you that you are an overemotional, hypersensitive little girl.

I didn't choose Trump, I've posted it many times, but either your emotion blinds you, or you prefer to call me a liar.

Either way, that renders you useless.

Go read my initial response.

You roll over and show your belly to your new overlord. The rest of us - the #NeverTrumps - will continue to put pressure on to attempt to force some change.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Commanding? Commanding implies some sort of authority. At best, it's a suggestion.

I understand, your emotions are raw, and Trump has you tied in knots. Breathe.

The post only suggests that given Trump as the nominee, continued attacks on Trump only help Hillary. Some here are honest enough to admit they want to help Hillary versus Trump. I respect honesty.

As for conservatives? That's a funny one. Part of the FRefugee syndrome? You're all pure conservatives right?  :silly:

Who's going to hold his feet to the fire then?

You would, sure, but you'd be awful lonely out there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Fair enough. And it's also fair to remember WE will get Clinton. If the wench is elected, I'll remind you of that as long as the fairness doctrine allows it.

Fine.  But, remember, I didn't vote for her.  And I will remind you of that too.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

See my initial response to this question.

What does #NeverTrump have to *gain* by going "radio silent?"

(And don't say, "Hillary won't get elected," because the way we see it, six of one, half dozen of another.)

Here's a thought, make a choice. Try to figure out which is better, and go with it.

Or, you can stick with the emotional cry of "woe is me, I didn't pick this nominee, I won't pick the a candidate, I'll just remain pure".

Offline skeeter

Because this is reality. You can either choose which one, try to figure out to the best of your ability which of them would do the least amount of damage.

Or, you can whine and cry and say the situation is bad so the consequences of what you do doesn't matter.
(That sounds so much like what a liberal would do, I swear I feel like I'm back at TBL).

This makes sense.

And in spite of the fact that I utterly despise him I'm willing to vote for him if he gives me a good reason to believe he won't stab me in the back.

Honestly, I am capable of acknowledging that he would be the better choice. But so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him that would lead me to believe he would be.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:40:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline Relic

Fine.  But, remember, I didn't vote for her.  And I will remind you of that too.

I don't accept that. No choosing is a choice. Hammering at Trump endlessly is doing what you can to assist Hillary.

You can remain a coward. You can refuse to choose. But you can't construct your own reality and expect me to accept it.

Offline sinkspur

I don't accept that. No choosing is a choice. Hammering at Trump endlessly is doing what you can to assist Hillary.

You can remain a coward. You can refuse to choose. But you can't construct your own reality and expect me to accept it.

I am choosing.  I am not voting for either one.  Whether you accept what I do is of no concern. 

Why can't you just accept that the #NeverTrumps are part of the 60 million voting-age American adults who will cast a vote for neither Trump nor Hillary in November?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:44:54 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

This makes sense.

And in spite of the fact that I utterly despise him I'm willing to vote for him if he gives me a good reason to believe he won't stab me in the back.

Honestly, I am capable of acknowledging that he would be the better choice. But so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him that would lead me to believe he would be.

This is not easy. You'll notice I don't have an abundance of good things to say about Trump. Trump makes it hard to find good things about Trump. Then, you have the people Trump has angered. Even when you find something nominally positive, the anti Trumps find things that are sometimes half truths, to refute the positive.

I think Trump actually loves America, almost as much as he loves himself. I think Congress would keep Trump under control.

I have no doubt Hillary hates America and would be given carte blanche to run the country.

It is with no joy that I choose Trump. I never liked him, and I never will, but I see him as less of a threat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/363703.php

Interesting article. I understand and respect the will and reserve of the nevertrumpers. Just think this article might warrant their input. If it doesn't change your mind that's fine too.

I still think it brings up good points.

I fail to see any practical differences between Bubbette! and Trump. Both are creatures of the northeast,and he is a lifelong denizen of the area and a Trust Fund child to boot.

Yes,Bubbette! IS evil by nature,and her first instinct is to always lie.

Trump,on the other hand is a narcissistic sociopath who doesn't see any difference between a lie and the truth because whatever benefits HIM is by default the "truth".

She is going to say and do whatever she has to say and do to benefit herself financially and protect her power,and so is he. Neither one give a damn about the nation or the US Constitution.

I refuse to vote for either unless we are voting for a hanging,and in that case I would vote for both.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

geronl

Some people do not know what the word "never" means.

I'll never shut up in my opposition to Drumpf. ever.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

First, I'm exercising my Freewill to blow my nose in your (I think it was you, anyway) general direction for your prior slanders on a great Canadian band.  And no, I'm not talking about Max Webster.  (If you've never heard of them, you're lucky.)

Second, I'm really torn at this point because I think Hillary may do more damage in the short term, but Trump will do more long-term lasting damage.  That makes the decision tougher than it would be than if I just looked at this election in isolation.

Offline Relic

I am choosing.  I am not voting for either one.  Whether you accept what I do is of no concern. 

Why can't you just accept that the #NeverTrumps are part of the 60 million voting-age American adults who will cast a vote for neither Trump nor Hillary in November?

You said you'd remind me, so therefore my acceptance or rejection is of some concern to you. I only go by what you say.

In my daily life, aka reality, I have friends who will vote Clinton. I have friends who will vote Trump. I also have friends who won't vote. Guess what the friends who say they won't vote don't do? They don't try to tell me how bad a candidate is. If your goal is to damage one candidate, then it follows you necessarily want to help his opponent.

Denying that reality is so child like.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now that hes assured the nomination yes.
At this point continuously posting liberal or corrupt sourced Trump attack pieces is not Principled conservatism or moral.

You clearly fail to understand the meaning of both the word "Principled" and the word "Moral".

Quick,if your choice were between Hitler and Stalin,who would YOU place YOUR "principled and moral" vote for?

Oceander

Not ever.  All that it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to stay silent. 

#NeverTrump

Offline skeeter

I understand.

Hillary is synonymous with the devil in the minds of half the country. There is no political risk for the GOP in opposing her. I wonder, though, how hard the congress will resist Trump if he goes full leftard on us. And I suspect he's capable of doing just that.

That will destroy what little credibility the party has left.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

There was a  time that such would get one called to the dueling ground.

Offline bolobaby

Here's a thought, make a choice. Try to figure out which is better, and go with it.

Or, you can stick with the emotional cry of "woe is me, I didn't pick this nominee, I won't pick the a candidate, I'll just remain pure".

Hm. Am I going to rape or murder today? I guess I need to make a choice at some point.

(I don't know how many times #NeverTrump needs to point out this is a false choice. And how many times you Trumpettes will keep parroting the "then it's obvious you choose Hillary" BS, too. It's getting tiresome.)
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The biggest problem a lot of us have with Trump is something the article never addressed -- that the few ways in which he is better than Hillary are not enough to offset his negatives, which include a lot of stupid ideas, a gutter-level campaign that hurts the party as a whole, and the possibility that a failed Trump Presidency will do irreparable, long-term damage to the GOP, thereby handing long-term control of the country to the left by default.

Ok,at this point ANYTHING that speeds up the destruction of the alleged Republican Party  is a good thing because they are and have been conspiring with the left to destroy our country since the 60's.

geronl

Trumpstiks keep finding new and unimaginary ways to say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

They tell us we aren't important, they don't need our vote anyway, but they seem obsessed with us at the same time. Then they tell us to shut up, fall in line before they go back to insults.

We are not going to support Trump or Hillary and we aren't going to shut up.

Neither Trump's or Hillary's Worker Parties interest us.