Author Topic: McConnell: 'Disrespectful' of Voters If I Didn't Support Trump  (Read 819 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=731411

Newsmax
McConnell: 'Disrespectful' of Voters If I Didn't Support Trump
Monday, May 30, 2016 05:17 PM

By: Greg Richter

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday it would be "disrespectful" to the majority of Republican voters who helped Donald Trump win the presidential nomination not to support him.

Trump "won the nomination fair and square. He went out there and competed like everybody else. He got the most votes," McConnell said during an appearance on "CBS This Morning." "And I think it's disrespectful of the Republican electorate to say, 'I'm smarter than you are, and I'm not going to support your choice.'"

McConnell has endorsed Trump, though he would not say he is in agreement with the business mogul on all issues.

"Let me put it this way. We know what we get with Hillary Clinton: four more years just like the last eight," he said. "We know the average American is $3,000 worse off now than they were when President Obama came to office. The country is yearning for a change. And my view is four more years like the last eight is not good for the country.'

House Speaker Paul Ryan, McConnell's counterpart in the lower chamber, has declined so far to endorse Trump.

"Paul has his own view of this," McConnell said. "My view is the Republican primarily voters have spoken. I know what we get with Hillary Clinton. And I’d rather take my chances on somebody new who I think, particularly with regard to the Supreme Court is going to appoint people that I think would be better for the country."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: McConnell: 'Disrespectful' of Voters If I Didn't Support Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:29:01 am »
Isn't it pathetic that almost every person who supports Trump (except his ardent Trumpkins) point out that "well he won't be as bad as Hillary"? No enthusiasm for his policies, or pronouncements, or vision.

Just "well, he sucks less." 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:45:05 am »
Mitch got a couple of things wrong- Trump did not win with the majority of GOP voters- and he did not win "fair and square."
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:12:56 am »
Baloney!  My vote is mine alone.  I don't have to vote for anyone that makes me uncomfortable.  A person that makes my Spirit uneasy.   Knowing what kind of vile person he is.  No!

Furthermore Trump is a liberal and liberals are voting for him.  I can't help it if people can't see who he is.  They can vote for him but I am not responsible to them to help.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:27:12 am »
There you go Trump fans...mad love from the GOPe.
enjoy.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:04:15 am »
McConnell is a Senator for the state Kentucky.  The entire state of Kentucky.

He represents all the voters in Kentucky, not just the GOP primary voters. 

Furthermore, Trump only secured 35.9% of the GOP primary vote, or 82,000 votes.

There are 3.2 million registered voters in Kentucky.

I find it disrespectful that McConnell would disregard 3.12 million Kentucky voters and their wishes to support the will of only 82,000.  I also find it disrespectful that McConnell would disregard the will of 64.1% of his own state's GOP primary voters.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:05:57 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:59:53 am »
" "And I think it's disrespectful of the Republican electorate to say, 'I'm smarter than you are, and I'm not going to support your choice.'""

The first thing any cowboy will tell you in the event of a stampede is to get the hell out of the way. Not Mitch. No, mitch is intent in giving the stampede of  more power.

Every time I read one of the GOP's flip flops and acts of lesser evil empowerment, I thank God for giving me the strength to stand on principle. And I thank him for giving me more since than he gave a pissant.