Author Topic: Paul Manafort reveals how Donald Trump will fundamentally change the role of the VP  (Read 2644 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Paul Manafort sat down with the Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman (which in and of itself is amazing since the HuffPo ends every piece with a disclaimer that Trump is a racist) that sheds a little light on The Donald’s thought process on what he’s looking for in a running mate.

You see — according to Manafort — Trump sees himself more as “the chairman of the board” rather “than even CEO, let alone COO” and he “needs and experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do.”

“He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

“There is a long list of who that person could be,” Manafort added, “and every one of them has major problems.”

The campaign probably won’t choose a woman or a member of a minority group, he said. “In fact, that would be viewed as pandering, I think.”

Things Trump doesn’t like to do — like reading briefing papers, so the CEO/COO will have to be good at this:

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/05/26/paul-manafort-reveals-how-donald-trump-will-fundamentally-change-the-role-of-the-vp/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

Sorry, no more fundamental changes to this country period.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Just_Victor

If we're lucky, Trump will pick an actual conservative to be VP and change the VP role to let him run the whole show.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline kevindavis007

If we're lucky, Trump will pick an actual conservative to be VP and change the VP role to let him run the whole show.

THE CONSTITUTION SAYS OTHERWISE.. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Just_Victor

There's nothing unconstitutional about the president following advice from the VP, or simply resigning.  Both situations allow the VP to run the whole show.

But the comment really was just wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:28:40 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline kevindavis007

There's nothing unconstitutional about the president following advice from the VP, or simply resigning.  Both situations allow the VP to run the whole show.

But the comment really was just wishful thinking.

The Constitution says: "The executive Power shall be vested in a President" Well stop the wishful thinking.

Offline sinkspur

More evidence that Trump knows nothing, wants to know nothing, and will always know nothing. 

He relishes being a dummy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
More evidence that Trump knows nothing, wants to know nothing, and will always know nothing. 

He relishes being a dummy.

So Trump "picks stuff up as he goes along." Oh, good. And there are parts of the Presidency he doesn't care to do? Great!

Trump supporters have picked an ignorant narcissist with no intellectual curiosity.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

Paul Manafort sat down with the Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman (which in and of itself is amazing since the HuffPo ends every piece with a disclaimer that Trump is a racist) that sheds a little light on The Donald’s thought process on what he’s looking for in a running mate.

You see — according to Manafort — Trump sees himself more as “the chairman of the board” rather “than even CEO, let alone COO” and he “needs and experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do.”

Things Trump doesn’t like to do — like reading briefing papers, so the CEO/COO will have to be good at this:

Manafort sounds almost as ignorant as Trump.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/05/26/paul-manafort-reveals-how-donald-trump-will-fundamentally-change-the-role-of-the-vp/

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I take back my previous prediction. Impeachment will come within one year of swearing in.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline kevindavis007

I take back my previous prediction. Impeachment will come within one year of swearing in.

or maybe a coup..

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
First, let me thank each and every one of you for the belly laughs...this beautiful Thursday morning!   :laugh:

A great leader is also a great judge of people and delegates responsibility.

Obama has screwed the pooch so badly that it's going to take a VP that does more than attend funerals and cut ribbons.

Allowing Trump to concentrate on his favorite pet peeves, with an All-Star roster surrounding him...including a GOP majority House and Senate?

Damn!   Did it just move?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sounds like Trump wants to turn the VP into a sort of "Consligerie" role? This is basically what Bush did with Cheney.

I'm not a Trump fan, so this isn't a bad idea necessarily. He needs someone in there who knows their stuff. Gingrich would be good in this role.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Not really. Yes the President has final say, nothing in the USC says anything about prohibiting the President from using the VP as a "superadvisor". As a matter of fact, I would argue that is a good role for the VP.

Offline austingirl

Trump is exposed more each day as a danger to the Republic yet his supporters still celebrate him. #neverTrump tried to warn them.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sounds like Trump wants to turn the VP into a sort of "Consligerie" role? This is basically what Bush did with Cheney.

I'm not a Trump fan, so this isn't a bad idea necessarily. He needs someone in there who knows their stuff. Gingrich would be good in this role.

Robert Duvall would be perfect in that role.   

And he even lives in Middleburg, Virginia!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

First, let me thank each and every one of you for the belly laughs...this beautiful Thursday morning!   :laugh:

A great leader is also a great judge of people and delegates responsibility.

Obama has screwed the pooch so badly that it's going to take a VP that does more than attend funerals and cut ribbons.

Allowing Trump to concentrate on his favorite pet peeves, with an All-Star roster surrounding him...including a GOP majority House and Senate?

Damn!   Did it just move?    :laugh:

The role of Vice President is specifically spelled out in the Constitution.  Secondly, if any of the 'all star' people he has surrounded himself with so far is any indication as to his selection and judgement of people to come, we are in serious trouble. I see him as a narcissistic demagogue he won't listen to anyone, and definitely not a very good judge of people.  I do however love your confidence in the fact that we will retain the majority in the Senate and House.  That I'm afraid is the best we can hope for if Trump is POTUS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Not really. Yes the President has final say, nothing in the USC says anything about prohibiting the President from using the VP as a "superadvisor". As a matter of fact, I would argue that is a good role for the VP.

Right -- there is nothing in the Constitution limiting how much advice/guidance the President takes from the VP.  Purely official acts, such as the signing of legislation, appointments, etc., must be done under the signature of the President.  But there's no problem with the President letting the VP run meetings, make decisions that are ratified by the President, etc..  Sort of like a Chief of Staff on steroids.  I don't think it's a bad model, actually, if done correctly.

The best example of this might be in the military, with the distinction between the Commanding Officer, and the Executive Officer.  The Exec runs the unit on a day to day basis, but the CO is the one who sets the tone, overall agenda, etc..

Offline RedHead

Things that Trump doesn't like to do - like being president?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Things that Trump doesn't like to do - like being president?

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

Again,  no more fundamental changes.....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It strikes me as irresponsible for any GOP delegate to vote for Trump as the nominee without first knowing who Trump wants as his veep.  After all, it is the veep, by Trump's own admission, who will be running things.   And it will be the veep who will take over once Trump's sorry ass is impeached.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide