Author Topic: DANIEL HOROWITZ: GOP House Codifies Obama's Transgenderism in Dark of Night  (Read 6653 times)

RAT Patrol

GOP House Codifies Obama's Transgenderism in Dark of Night - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/gop-house-codifies-obamas-transgenderism-into-spending-bill#sthash.DwmQcrwA.dpuf

Daniel Horowitz

May 26, 2016

Many are asking what Republicans plan to do to stop Obama’s executive war on culture and religious liberty in pursuit of cultural Marxism.  Now we know that not only will this party do nothing to stop Obama, they will use their control of Congress to codify Obama’s agenda into law.

Late Wednesday night, Republicans allowed a vote on an amendment from Rep. Sean Maloney (D-NY), which codified Obama’s executive order 13672 making transgenderism the law of the land.  Obama’s executive order, promulgated in July 2014, instructed bureaucrats to sever contracts with companies that don’t follow the Obama mandated sexual identity agenda.  This could include companies that don’t allow men into female bathrooms in their private corporate offices.  The Maloney amendment to the $37.4 billion FY 2017 Energy &Water Appropriations Bill (H.R. 5055) codified that unilateral act into law.

The amendment passed 223-195 with 43 Republicans supporting it.  The GOP House just supported arguably the most radical Democrat agenda item in the dead of night.

Enshrining Obama’s specific edict into law and then passing vanity language reaffirming the general importance of religious liberty is like doing CPR on a dead body.

Defenders of House leaders will contend that leadership had to allow this amendment to come to the floor.  After all, they promised an open amendment process and they just couldn’t stop all the RINOs in the conference from voting with Democrats.  This argument is weak on many accounts:

GOP leaders are forever blocking key conservative initiatives and legislation in order to violate the GOP platform; certainly they can block an anti-religious liberty transgendered amendment from Democrats to protect the integrity of the GOP-controlled House.  Could you imagine Democrats allowing an amendment to pass on an issue that violates their very essence while they are in control of the chamber?

GOP leaders are always twisting arms to get conservative members to vote for bad bills.  Somehow we are to believe they were impotent in ensuring “moderate” members (what is moderate about transgenderism?) adhere to the party’s platform?

The reality is that Paul Ryan has long been a supporter of ENDA (Employment Non Discrimination Act), the legislative vehicle for enshrining transgenderism into law and mandating adherence to its dogma on private businesses.  That is why he’s been absent in this fight.  Moreover, Republicans have failed to allow a single anti-religious bigotry bill to the floor since the illegal gay marriage decision was issued by the Supreme Court, despite the ubiquitous threats against private businesses, states, and private property.  Clearly, whipping against this vote was not a priority.

Once the Maloney amendment passed with GOP votes, Republicans proceeded to do what they always do so well.  They offered side-by-side amendments in an attempt to cover up the damage.  They passed the “Pitts amendment” as a second-degree by voice vote to affirm the constitutional importance of religious liberty.  Then they passed the Byrne Amendments to reaffirm that RFRA is still in place and the government cannot discriminate against religious individuals.  Well, as we all know, the Constitution and RFRA (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) have been in place for the entire Obama administration, yet he is still able to get away with anti-religious bigotry edicts by claiming they don’t interfere with religious beliefs. Enshrining Obama’s specific edict into law and then passing vanity language reaffirming the general importance of religious liberty is like doing CPR on a dead body.     

To begin with, this entire spending bill was something that should never have come to the floor.  It increased spending and retained a number of green energy programs for a department that shouldn’t even exist.  The sad reality is that Republicans will wind up passing a continuing resolution or an omnibus in September and will jettison even the few good provisions they secured in these individual spending bills.  As such, the only remaining purpose of spending weeks passing these bills [that will go in the garbage anyway] is to draw a sharp contrast with Democrats on important issues in the news and drive a wedge between the Left and the voters.  Now that they are using this process for just the opposite purpose – to codify the most pernicious agenda of the left – why not abort this wasteful process anyway?  Why not focus on slam dunk winning legislation if they are not going to use the power of the purse?

Now that leadership has loaded this already sub-par spending bill with transgenderism, conservatives should vote against final passage on Thursday.  It’s bad enough that a Republican House cannot be used as a tool to go on offense against cultural Marxism and anti-religious-liberty initiatives.  To pass a bill placing an exclamation mark on that agenda is unforgivable.       
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/gop-house-codifies-obamas-transgenderism-into-spending-bill#sthash.DwmQcrwA.dpuf
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:24:00 pm by RAT Patrol »

Offline DiogenesLamp

And this is why we constituents hate and despise the Republican establishment.   

They demonstrate that the only thing they care about is making sure the money keeps flowing to their crony capitalist donors.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Exactly.   And no way will Transgender Tower Trump make this better.

That's irrelevant.   We only have a choice now between horrible evil and unconcerned indifference.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

On this issue Trump may be unconcerned indifference at heart.  In practice that means he is on the side of the LMNOPee police.

Perhaps,   but not actively so.   It is an issue that he could care less about. 

Hillary,  on the other hand,   will work hard to push this and other evil ideas.

In the big picture of this election, Trump presents his own evils.  They may vary a bit from Hillary's, but they are threats none the less.   I want no part of either.

You don't get that choice.   You get a choice between the lesser of two evils.    If you refrain from choosing the lesser,   you will get the worse of the two.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

On this issue Trump may be unconcerned indifference at heart.  In practice that means he is on the side of the LMNOPee police.

In the big picture of this election, Trump presents his own evils.  They may vary a bit from Hillary's, but they are threats none the less.   I want no part of either.
His list of Judges and the fact he takes the advice of reputable conservative think groups proves you missed the mark here.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As far as I am able to tell at a quick glance there is only one Texas Republican who voted for this (Will Hurd) and he will be dealt with in his next primary I assure you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline GrouchoTex

They demonstrate that the only thing they care about is making sure the money keeps flowing to their crony capitalist donors.   

There is still a glimmer of hope.
While they allowed the amendment to be tacked onto the bill, they haven't voted on the bill yet.

Offline DiogenesLamp

There is no "I will get."  I support neither.

But you will get one of them.   Your choice is an unethical businessman,   or an evil communist dictator hag. 

There is no other choice.     

What you want is irrelevant.   I wanted Cruz,   but I recognize that choice is no longer available.

— Lord Melbourne —

geronl

But you will get one of them.   Your choice is an unethical businessman,   or an evil communist dictator hag. 

Yes, there is. I will go 3rd party or write-in.

Sometimes, the only way to win is not to play.

Oceander

What you want is irrelevant.   I wanted Cruz,   but I recognize that choice is no longer available.

What we get depends on what you who vote for Rrump do to us, not what we do.  There is always a choice, and in this election that is voting third party or write in.  You will be the one responsible for the result this November, not those of us who vote for someone other than the two lying liberals from the GOP and the DNC.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yes, there is. I will go 3rd party or write-in.

You will get Hitler.   

Hitler won in exactly this manner.    He didn't get a majority,  he got a plurality.    (33.09%)

First                        Second                      Third

Adolf Hitler NSDAP  Otto Wels SDP   Ernst Thälmann KPD

Sometimes, the only way to win is not to play.

To not play isn't a choice.   The election is going to happen.   You vote third party,   you get Hitler.   

Your choice is sleaze or evil.   You do not get any other choice. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RetBobbyMI

The GOP is and has been history.  They are nothing more the right side of the Deamoncrat Party and deserve the libtard they are about to select as their leader.

I'm voting for Darrell Castle.  No GOP or Dem deserves my vote for ANY federal office unless they can prove beyond a doubt that they are not just another DemRINO.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DiogenesLamp

What we get depends on what you who vote for Rrump do to us, not what we do.  There is always a choice, and in this election that is voting third party or write in.  You will be the one responsible for the result this November, not those of us who vote for someone other than the two lying liberals from the GOP and the DNC.

People who voted for Ross Perot helped elect Clinton.   

History is about to repeat itself.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The GOP is and has been history.  They are nothing more the right side of the Deamoncrat Party and deserve the libtard they are about to select as their leader.

I'm voting for Darrell Castle.  No GOP or Dem deserves my vote for ANY federal office unless they can prove beyond a doubt that they are not just another DemRINO.

Darrell Castle isn't a choice.   There are only two choices.   Trump or Hitlery. 

If you vote for anyone but Trump,   you are voting for Hitlery. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Oceander

You will get Hitler.   

Hitler won in exactly this manner.    He didn't get a majority,  he got a plurality.    (33.09%)

First                        Second                      Third

Adolf Hitler NSDAP  Otto Wels SDP   Ernst Thälmann KPD

To not play isn't a choice.   The election is going to happen.   You vote third party,   you get Hitler.   

Your choice is sleaze or evil.   You do not get any other choice. 

Hitler won because of people who let fear and spite blind them.  Hitler won because he ran on a platform of nationalism, victimization by other countries, and workers rights.  Sounds one hell of a lot like one of the presumptive nominees, and it ain't Clinton. 

If we get Trump, we get evil.  If we get Clinton, we get epic corruption.  Seems like the analogy for Clinton might be the old Weimar Republic in Germany that was replaced by Hitler and his crew. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

People who voted for Ross Perot helped elect Clinton.   

History is about to repeat itself.
Then blame it on the GOP for not putting up a more principled conservative, instead of some wishy-washy libtard.  They get what they deserve.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Darrell Castle isn't a choice.   There are only two choices.   Trump or Hitlery. 

If you vote for anyone but Trump,   you are voting for Hitlery.

So my not voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump by that logic.  That should make you happy.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Hitler won because of people who let fear and spite blind them. 

Hitler won because the other candidates split the remaining 67% of the vote.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Then blame it on the GOP for not putting up a more principled conservative, instead of some wishy-washy libtard.  They get what they deserve.

I am more concerned with preventing us from getting what we don't deserve.   

Hillary is evil.   She has always been evil.   

She will continue Obama's usage of government agencies to crack down on us,   to force more "gayness"  in our faces,  probably force mandatory indoctrination in "climate change"   and "gender issues".   

She hates us,  and she will unleash the power of government upon us. 

Trump doesn't hate us.   Trump just wants to be prez,  and is not above doing unethical things to obtain that goal,   but after that,   I don't see him pushing a left wing agenda. 

He might agree to some of it in the form of legislation,   but He isn't an activist for left-wing causes. 

Trump isn't conservative,   but he's not our enemy.    He's mostly indifferent to us.   Hillary actively hates us and wants to destroy us.   

Choose wisely. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

So my not voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump by that logic.

No,  because Hillary has a rock solid plurality.   She is going to get 45% of the vote no matter what.   Take away more than 5% from the Republican candidate,  and you are going to get Hillary. 

That should make you happy.

Let us consider some mathematics.    If you sit out the race or vote third party,   you do one vote worth of damage.   

If you vote for Trump,   Trump gains a vote while Hillary loses a vote,   you do two votes worth of damage. 

Trump + 1 and Hillary - 1  =  a difference of 2. 

It is a 2 vote swing.   

If you've made up your mind to damage a candidate,   why do the job half way?   Vote for the OTHER candidate so as to do two votes worth of damage to the one you most dislike. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:23:30 pm by don-o »

Offline RetBobbyMI

No,  because Hillary has a rock solid plurality.   She is going to get 45% of the vote no matter what.   Take away more than 5% from the Republican candidate,  and you are going to get Hillary. 

Let us consider some mathematics.    If you sit out the race or vote third party,   you do one vote worth of damage.   

If you vote for Trump,   Trump gains a vote while Hillary loses a vote,   you do two votes worth of damage. 

Trump + 1 and Hillary - 1  =  a difference of 2. 

It is a 2 vote swing.   

If you've made up your mind to damage a candidate,   why do the job half way?   Vote for the OTHER candidate so as to do two votes worth of damage to the one you most dislike.
Modern fuzzy math?  Using that logic, there would never be the Republican party in 1856, since it was a third party then.  Then we would never have had Lincoln in 1860.  So, in order to progress the rise of a new Party to replace the lost cause of the GOP, time to vote the Constitution Party and take America back to its founding principles.

Offline Norm Lenhart

GOP House Codifies Obama's Transgenderism in Dark of Night - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/gop-house-codifies-obamas-transgenderism-into-spending-bill#sthash.DwmQcrwA.dpuf

Daniel Horowitz
The blame for this is squarely on the shoulders of those that screamed and hollered that we had to elect GOP 'lesser evils' 'no matter what'. And now, these 'Know Betters' are back in this go around telling us we have to elect yet another.

Eventually folks, you're going to learn what your own actions are teaching you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:42:09 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The blame for this is squarely on the shoulders of those that screamed and hollered that we had to elect GOP 'lesser evils' 'no matter what'. And now, these 'Know Betters' are back in this go around telling us we have to elect yet another.

Eventually folks, you're going to learn what your own actions are teaching you.

I am beginning to seriously doubt that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien