Author Topic: At Least 1 Dead, 3 Wounded in NYC Concert Shooting  (Read 284 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
At Least 1 Dead, 3 Wounded in NYC Concert Shooting
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:32:34 am »
Let me take a guess as to what kind of music was being played.

At Least 1 Dead, 3 Wounded in NYC Concert Shooting

One person was killed and three others wounded in a shooting at a New York City concert venue where popular rap artist T.I. was scheduled to perform Wednesday night.

The New York Times says a 33-year-old man died after being shot at Irving Plaza, located near Manhattan's Union Square neighborhood.  Authorities say the other victims were a 34-year-old man who was shot in the chest, a 26-year-old woman shot in the leg, and a fourth person who walked into a hospital on their own.  The identity of and nature of the injury to the fourth victim is unknown.

Read More At: http://www.voanews.com/content/nyc-concert-shooting/3346709.html

Oceander

Re: At Least 1 Dead, 3 Wounded in NYC Concert Shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:43:16 am »
That's not too far from where I used to live in NYC.  Thank God we moved out a few years ago. 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »

But I thought NYC was a gun free zone?  How could something like this happen with all of the gun restrictions and laws that are in place?   :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 02:50:46 pm »
Police reporting to be on the lookout for a runaway gun.  It is presumed to be armed and dangerous.   
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:07:08 pm »
Darwin convention. We should arm them all and let them shoot it out. Then televise it, use the proceeds to build the wall on the border.