General Category > Life News

ACLU Declares War On Catholic Hospitals For Not Performing Abortions

(1/3) > >>

markomalley:
From the Daily Caller:

--- Quote ---The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has declared war on Catholic hospitals for refusing to provide abortions.

The ACLU filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday to get access to all documents related to complaints against Catholic hospitals refusing to perform abortions. The suit is part of a plan to either force Catholic hospitals to do abortions, or shut them down.

“Upon information and belief, these complaints describe serious harm – including major blood loss and life-threatening infection – that women experienced after being denied appropriate care by Catholic hospitals,” the lawsuit reads.

(remainder snipped)

--- End quote ---

I posted this thread, Obama Threatens Hospitals: Perform ‘Sex Changes’ Or Lose Federal Funding, yesterday, which is very much related.

The Obama HHS published a regulation on 5/18, which will make the ACLU's task much easier. The specific change is 92 CFR 206:

§ 92.206 Equal program access on the basis of sex.

A covered entity shall provide individuals equal access to its health programs or activities without discrimination on the basis of sex; and a covered entity shall treat individuals consistent with their gender identity, except that a covered entity may not deny or limit health services that are ordinarily or exclusively available to individuals of one sex, to a transgender individual based on the fact that the individual's sex assigned at birth, gender identity, or gender otherwise recorded is different from the one to which such health services are ordinarily or exclusively available.

musiclady:
And some say there is no war on religious liberty in this country......

May God have mercy on us!

sinkspur:
Hospitals are a drain on dioceses.  From a pure financial standpoint, I'm sure bishops would love nothing more than shut down these money-losers.

TomSea:
The Anti-Christian Legacy Union or something like that, they are called.

I'll vote against the genocidal democratic party every chance I get.

sinkspur:

--- Quote from: RAT Patrol on May 26, 2016, 02:25:03 am ---But they are not a business.  Don't they view it as a ministry?

--- End quote ---

Even ministries have to be funded.

One thing they will not do is allow Catholic hospitals to perform abortions.  They'll shut them down before they allow that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version