Author Topic: What this West Point cadet was caught doing has America OUTRAGED  (Read 563 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
What this West Point cadet was caught doing has America OUTRAGED

Written by The Analytical Economist on May 25, 2016

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-economist/what-this-west-point-cadet-was-doing-while-marching-has-america-outraged

I noticed plenty of people on their phones at my college graduation, though to their credit, the ceremony did go on for three hours. Luckily for them, none of them sparked national outrage.

The same can’t be said of a certain West Point Cadet who’s attracted the Internet’s attention. As Newsmax reports: A viral video of a West Point cadet apparently texting on her cellphone while marching in formation at graduation on Saturday has sparked outrage. The video, posted on West Point’s Facebook page, had been viewed more than 655,000 times by Tuesday afternoon.

excerpted

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: What this West Point cadet was caught doing has America OUTRAGED
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:05 pm »
They weren't really marching, I think it's an "at ease" march, but they're not "marching" in the truest sense...they're either on their way to or from the parade grounds.

If you look at the photo, heads are turned, eyes are all over the place, etc...a lesson for the cadet in that she'll probably be told to be aware of her actions in public.

Kids these days, and many adults just can't put those electronic pacifiers away for more than a few minutes.

Don't know what latitude the cadets are given, the phone use is a distraction, but she is "in step" so to speak.

But if we're going to generate outrage about WP, 2 recent incidents come to mind that should merit "OUTRAGED"...

The black females in the raised fist "Black Power" salute and the class president coming at as homosexual and being "congratulated" for it. :3:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.