Author Topic: JUST IN: State Dept. audit: Hillary Clinton violated federal records rules through her use of a private email server  (Read 761 times)

Offline r9etb

Filed under "Al Capone went to prison for tax evasion."

This finding from the State Department itself reminds me of the following, from last year:

Why does that matter? Well, a federal criminal law makes it a felony when any custodian of official government records “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same.” The crime is punishable by up to three years in prison. And interestingly, Congress felt strongly enough about the crime that it included the unusual provision that the perpetrator shall “forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/414835/did-hillary-commit-felony-shannen-coffin

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The headline on the news was "violates policy." That sounds very mild. What are the consequences? She should be in prison for this as well as Benghazi and her corruption and influence peddling at the Clinton Crime Foundation.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

The headline on the news was "violates policy." That sounds very mild.

I guess it depends on exactly what the State Dept. auditors actually said.  If, as the headline states, they said, "violated federal records rules," then I think we get into felony territory, and they must refer the matter to the relevant cops.

This ties in very neatly with the FBI investigation, by the way.  A finding of violation by a separate Federal agency gives them further grounds to press forward with recommending an indictment.

All assuming, of course, that the highly politicized DoJ is willing to treat Hillary Clinton as equal under and subject to the law.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I guess it depends on exactly what the State Dept. auditors actually said.  If, as the headline states, they said, "violated federal records rules," then I think we get into felony territory, and they must refer the matter to the relevant cops.

This ties in very neatly with the FBI investigation, by the way.  A finding of violation by a separate Federal agency gives them further grounds to press forward with recommending an indictment.

All assuming, of course, that the highly politicized DoJ is willing to treat Hillary Clinton as equal under and subject to the law.

goopo

Offline r9etb

....Aaaaannnnnd the NYT is still reporting this as an essentially political story:

The report, as well as an F.B.I. investigation and other legal challenges seeking information about her use of the server, are certain to keep alive a controversy that has shadowed Mrs. Clinton’s campaign for the presidency.

A "controversy," mind you ... one that would send a little person to jail, but a mere "controversy" for her.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
....Aaaaannnnnd the NYT is still reporting this as an essentially political story:

A "controversy," mind you ... one that would send a little person to jail, but a mere "controversy" for her.
This Republic is failing badly when the presumptive nominee of the Democrat party has such a long well-documented history of corruption.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

This Republic is failing badly when the presumptive nominee of the Democrat party has such a long well-documented history of corruption.

.... and nobody in the media or government seems to have the energy to be upset by it.

If she were a Republican, however, you know the response would be venomous.