Author Topic: Santorum endorses Trump!  (Read 2053 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Santorum endorses Trump!
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 09:06:48 pm »
As for Paladin, insulting people's integrity and questioning their religion because the truth doesn't align with their made-up facts is no way to live one's life. His obnoxious screed deserves no further response.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »
That was you, RiV. Remember?

@jeryrifuller   (Still waiting)

I told you you were trying to destroy America?  No, I don't remember.  Please copy and paste it here.  It sounds like I may owe you an apology.

What about the tyrant and the ring?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:39:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »
Those who wear the label "Constitution Conservative" are a severe minority in the US.  I urge you not to ostracize yourself so deliberately.  With President Trump you could have a seat at the table and a voice that will be heard.

As the minority political label, please, don't scoff at this.  Your voice will be welcome.
So the founding principles of this country have been relegated to "minority" status?  Is that how you view the Constitution of the United States?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2016, 10:21:11 pm »
I'm a Constitutional Conservative and a Christian. I know that the office of the President only matters to these areas in as far as the Judicial appointments. Its the Courts where such issues are resolved one way or the other. I also know where we will be if Hillary is the one who selects the Judicial appointments. IMHO no Constitutional Conservative and/or christian can help her get elected the office of the President. She is a known evil. Trump is a wild card. The only thing rational people can do is weigh the odds and its a no brainier. There is a chance we get more Constitutional and Christian with Trump. There is no chance with any other options including staying home as all roads that way lead to Hillary.
Hillary should be indicted for for criminal negligence of having classified information (marked or otherwise) in unauthorized places.  If she is not indicted there should be more outrage at this current administration then there is at the NeverTrump folks and no one else should be prosecuted in the future for doing less.  What she did is criminal.  It is no different than the weasel that escaped to Russia.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 11:04:47 pm »
Those who wear the label "Constitution Conservative" are a severe minority in the US.  I urge you not to ostracize yourself so deliberately.  With President Trump you could have a seat at the table and a voice that will be heard.

As the minority political label, please, don't scoff at this.  Your voice will be welcome.

Right.  So high and mighty.  Stooping down to give us worms one last chance to get right with the lord. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »
So the founding principles of this country have been relegated to "minority" status?  Is that how you view the Constitution of the United States?

Yes.  The mob and the rulers of the country have already rendered the Constitution irrelevant.  Pragmatism and Trump will of necessity trump the Constitution - because his followers have no more respect for it than the Marxist Communists do. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
Quote from: RetBobbyMI link.=topic=208512.msg899120#msg899120 date=1464300942

Please, exhale.

I did not say that.  I said those who wear the label "constitutional conservative" political label are the minority political voice.  Part of the reason for this is the mixing of the Constitution with staunch conservative social positions.  Not everyone who honors the Constitution also honors the religious foundation for conservative social positions.  But accepting one without the other has not been enough to pass the constitution conservative's litmus test.

It's a quandary, for sure.  But, it will be worked out.  It may take a Council of Trent, but it'll get done ... eventually. :shrug:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:36:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 11:37:22 pm »
Yes.  The mob and the rulers of the country have already rendered the Constitution irrelevant.  Pragmatism and Trump will of necessity trump the Constitution - because his followers have no more respect for it than the Marxist Communists do.

I said those who wear the label "constitutional conservative" political label are the minority political voice.  Part of the reason for this is the mixing of the Constitution with staunch conservative social positions.  Not everyone who honors the Constitution also honors the religious foundation for conservative social positions.  But accepting one without the other has not been enough to pass the constitution conservative's litmus test.

It's a quandary, for sure.  But, it will be worked out.  It may take a Council of Trent, but it'll get done ... eventually. :shrug:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 12:11:03 am »
So if I follow your premise, there is no constitution, no rule of law and no government.  Therefore there is no office of the President and no place for Trump.

Idiotic premise to say the least.  You need to rethink your position.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 12:13:32 am »
Please, exhale.

I did not say that.  I said those who wear the label "constitutional conservative" political label are the minority political voice.  Part of the reason for this is the mixing of the Constitution with staunch conservative social positions.  Not everyone who honors the Constitution also honors the religious foundation for conservative social positions.  But accepting one without the other has not been enough to pass the constitution conservative's litmus test.

And you think Trump is a constitutional and social conservative?  I wholeheartedly reject that!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2016, 05:28:01 am »
As for Paladin, insulting people's integrity and questioning their religion because the truth doesn't align with their made-up facts is no way to live one's life. His obnoxious screed deserves no further response.

Hit home, did I?

Good.

Oh, btw, forgot to add: I feel your pain.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:44:07 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2016, 10:26:42 am »
Please add a link to the original post. Any news agency covering it is fine, as a breaking story is often linked afterwards, in favor of timeliness over strict protocol.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 12:39:57 pm »
Hit home, did I?

Good.
No, actually, you weren't even close. Check your inbox. If you're going to make this personal I am not going to turn this into a public whizzing contest.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2016, 12:42:48 pm »
Trump is going to steamroll Cleveland, and then carpet bomb the general.  There won't be any place left for liberals to hide. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2016, 01:06:40 pm »
Santorum would endorse Donald Duck if he thought there was something in it for him.

================================

NEWSFLASH:  Mickey Mouse could, and should have easily defeated Barack Obama in 2012.

Mickey Mouse lost.  That's how worthless and irrelevant the Republican Party was in '12.

You neocons wanted the exact same thing to happen AGAIN.  This time it won't work.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
Trump is going to steamroll Cleveland, and then carpet bomb the general.  There won't be any place left for liberals to hide.
They already have Canada and western Europe. We conservatives have nothing left.