Author Topic: Santorum endorses Trump!  (Read 2048 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Santorum endorses Trump!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 01:12:42 am »
Long ago, well, months ago, Huckabee and Santorum have given some lip service to Trump, Santorum is almost an Easterner, not like Christie or Giuliani but close to it nonetheless.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 01:12:53 am »
So everyone's a huckster. Guys like Rick Santorum, Gov Huckabee, Lindsay Graham, Rick Perry, Paul Ryan, O'Steen, Franklin Graham, the NRA, etcetera...all these conservatives are now rotten scumbuckets by your line of thought. Your list is going to be insanely long by the time of the convention, aint' it.
You bet. These are dark times. Evil runs rampant and very few men will stand against it. But I will.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 01:15:16 am »
Santorum has always been for sale

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 01:18:33 am »
:silly:

I don't get?  Who made you God?  I "get" to draw the equivalence because it is clearly there.  I am simply fascinated by the childish faith people put in the words - just words, no actions - of a man who admits to lying in negotiations to get what he wants and who has already walked back from several of his promises.  And even if his words can be believed, he has already expressed a preference for single-payer nationalized health care, i.e., Obamacare, and leftist nostrums like raising the minimum wage. 

Those equivalences are there and they are real.  I won't deny you the privilege of self-delusion - you "get" to be as deluded as you wish - but I will continue to point out the truth.

You don't have to be god to see it, you just have to have common sense. As for faith, its certainly not placed in the hands of any single politician...and on that I speak for nearly every pro-Trump voter I've chatted with. The thing is, we understand politics...and we understand that Trump is bound by his campaign promises by political necessity if nothing else. I personally believe he is adamant in his current positions, after all, no zeal like that of a convert. But that's beside the point...a GOP president can only succeed within the parameters of his party's ideology. If he strays, for example breaking a "no new taxes" pledge, he pays the political price. And no president is free of that limitation. Your mischaracterization of his positions aside, Mr. Trump will have no choice but to govern from the right if he wishes to get ANYTHING done...and I do trust in his desire to accomplish things, his drive to achieve is well known and part of his DNA.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:16 am »
You bet. These are dark times. Evil runs rampant and very few men will stand against it. But I will.

Or...alternately...these are a few people who are petulant because "their guy" lost the primary AND they aren't getting an evangelist as a candidate for the party. So they're taking their ball and going home.

This isn't the noble stand of a mature and ethical person, its the childish stance of a Veruca Salt who just didn't get the kind of candy Daddy promised her.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 01:25:38 am »
So everyone's a huckster. Guys like Rick Santorum, Gov Huckabee, Lindsay Graham, Rick Perry, Paul Ryan, O'Steen, Franklin Graham, the NRA, etcetera...all these conservatives are now rotten scumbuckets by your line of thought. Your list is going to be insanely long by the time of the convention, aint' it.

A true and honorable person will stand on principle, even if they stand alone.

Attempting to frighten them into surrendering principle by instilling fear of numbers arrayed agains them, is a tool of evil and has no affect on those who are grounded in their beliefs.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 01:38:34 am »
Or...alternately...these are a few people who are petulant because "their guy" lost the primary AND they aren't getting an evangelist as a candidate for the party. So they're taking their ball and going home.

This isn't the noble stand of a mature and ethical person, its the childish stance of a Veruca Salt who just didn't get the kind of candy Daddy promised her.
Your attempt at insulting Christians failed. Did not Huckabee and Santorum, both purported "evangelist" candidates, endorse Trump? Maybe it has not occurred to you just how evil, lecherous, crooked, deceitful, greedy, power-hungry and threatening Donald Trump really is. Maybe you are just afraid to do so since you fear him turning on you if you speak against him. I do, but I do it anyway because that's what I believe is right.

I just want a free country to live in, after eight years of Obama, his lackeys and his fundamental transformation. Neither Trump nor Hillary share that vision. I don't want candy. I just want to be left alone, thank you very much.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 01:39:01 am »
A true and honorable person will stand on principle, even if they stand alone.
That is why I don't understand Cruz staying in the GOP, other than as a mechanism to get elected to the Senate.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 01:39:46 am »
You have the gracious response.  I am struggling with maintaining respect for those who support Trump.  Those how chose him in the primary haven't much chance at earning my future trust.  Those like Santorum I may sympathize with a bit more.  But still, I cannot really identify with their position.  Trump is the mother of all flip-floppers and will easily deal away all things most important to me.  I do not trust him.  Worse, I find him emotionally unstable.

Just like with Obama, people are projecting their wildest hopes onto Trump.

He has no official political record. All we know is what he's said during interviews in the past, and most of that is pretty generic and typically politically correct (discounting as we should what he's said in the primaries). Its hard to tell what he believes based upon his political affiliations. He has been quoted as saying he likes to play to peoples fantasies.

All we really know for certain is that Donald Trump is a moderate to liberal Manhattan real estate developer billionaire. I have no reason to believe he'll do anything that can remotely be deemed conservative.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:11 am »
Santorum said he can help Trump in Pennsylvania.

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 01:48:59 am »
Santorum said he can help Trump in Pennsylvania.

I thought Trump didn't need help in his liberal backyard.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 12:03:04 am »
Little fact is that of the thousands of people who know Trump personally over the decades, in business hes known as a man of his word. He would have to be to get where hes at. Why is it the media and #neverTrump, and his opponents in the primary  are the only ones saying hes a slime ball and not the thousands who have known him over the years?

He has two ex-wives who could probably tell you differently.

Plenty of people out there who have had dealings with Trump that could tell you differently as well. Probably quite a few who signed up for his "academy".

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:58 am »
Another step on the path to party unity. More and more principled conservatives are jumping aboard.

Santorum made clear the key issue.
Paraphrasing his appearance on Foxnews this past hour: If Hillary wins, we get 25 years of 5 leftwing justices rewriting the constitution. No self respecting conservative can allow that to happen, and any with a conscience must act to prevent it. And there is only one way now to do that, and that is to endorse and support Mr. Trump.

Santorum is a wise man, and understands this election isn't about his feelings...its about shaping the Supreme Court for the next 25-30 years.

Who the heck is Santorum? Even worse who cares!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:32 am »
He has two ex-wives who could probably tell you differently.

Plenty of people out there who have had dealings with Trump that could tell you differently as well. Probably quite a few who signed up for his "academy".
Ever hear the term "exception to the rule"? Conservatives would know if Trump was as bad as they were told it would not be just one or two it would be Hundreds of people all saying the same thing. That's not happening. For a popular person who has done so much logic says there would be so many examples to confirm the narrative it would be indisputable. Problem is most people who know him personally say the exact opposite. Even his exs do not speak bad of him.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 04:16:38 am »
Santorum reminds me of a stereotypical shady used car salesman.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 04:45:18 am »
I don't base my opinion of Trump on who does or does not endorse him. I base it on his vile behavior, his lack of knowledge of government and the Constitution, his questionable business ethics, and his wildly contradictory and incoherent speech.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:55 am »
The Santorum endorsement provides us with two positive outcomes. The first is that it will help create unity within the Republican Party. The second is that the Daily Kos imitators get to spew their venom, and that is clearly necessary therapy for them to cope with their inner turmoils.

Examples:

"Santorum would endorse Donald Duck if he thought there was something in it for him".

"I guess he thinks HE has a chance at some inside perky job, since others are running away from the fly infested Trump Train."

"Was Bernie Madoff a man of his word? Of course not. Swindlers have an easier time getting rich than the honest, all while their marks think they're the one getting the good deal."

"Your attempt at insulting Christians failed. Did not Huckabee and Santorum, both purported "evangelist" candidates, endorse Trump? Maybe it has not occurred to you just how evil, lecherous, crooked, deceitful, greedy, power-hungry and threatening Donald Trump really is."

That's enough of this codswallop. Besides you can read tons of this outhouse scribbling every day on here constantly and without any sense of decency or truth. However, one of the more ironic features of this venomous bilge is that one of the authors pretends to be a Christian, one who apparently believes the Ninth Commandment is only a suggestion.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 02:38:51 pm »
The Santorum endorsement provides us with two positive outcomes. The first is that it will help create unity within the Republican Party. The second is that the Daily Kos imitators get to spew their venom, and that is clearly necessary therapy for them to cope with their inner turmoils.

Examples:

"Santorum would endorse Donald Duck if he thought there was something in it for him".

"I guess he thinks HE has a chance at some inside perky job, since others are running away from the fly infested Trump Train."

"Was Bernie Madoff a man of his word? Of course not. Swindlers have an easier time getting rich than the honest, all while their marks think they're the one getting the good deal."

"Your attempt at insulting Christians failed. Did not Huckabee and Santorum, both purported "evangelist" candidates, endorse Trump? Maybe it has not occurred to you just how evil, lecherous, crooked, deceitful, greedy, power-hungry and threatening Donald Trump really is."

That's enough of this codswallop. Besides you can read tons of this outhouse scribbling every day on here constantly and without any sense of decency or truth. However, one of the more ironic features of this venomous bilge is that one of the authors pretends to be a Christian, one who apparently believes the Ninth Commandment is only a suggestion.

Unity, Schmunity.  It doesn't change the fact the Trump is a liberal, possibly a liberal republican to give him some smidgen of credit.  But the bottom line is that no matter who he selects, the GOP has abandoned the principles of Constitutional Conservatism, not only in their Presidential candidate, but also in their leadership in the US Congress. Trump didn't have my support before the party nomination and won't get it after.  Neither will any other federal office holders that don't embrace constitutional conservatism (politically, fiscally AND judiciously).

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 08:36:17 pm »
Yup!  Just heard it on Greta!   :patriot:
I am a bit confused.
I thought he gave him his support when he dropped out after Iowa.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 08:38:50 pm »
Long ago, well, months ago, Huckabee and Santorum have given some lip service to Trump, Santorum is almost an Easterner, not like Christie or Giuliani but close to it nonetheless.

Last time I checked, "Easterners" were American citizens.   :shrug:

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 08:46:09 pm »
Unity, Schmunity.  It doesn't change the fact the Trump is a liberal, possibly a liberal republican to give him some smidgen of credit.  But the bottom line is that no matter who he selects, the GOP has abandoned the principles of Constitutional Conservatism, not only in their Presidential candidate, but also in their leadership in the US Congress. Trump didn't have my support before the party nomination and won't get it after.  Neither will any other federal office holders that don't embrace constitutional conservatism (politically, fiscally AND judiciously).

Those who wear the label "Constitution Conservative" are a severe minority in the US.  I urge you not to ostracize yourself so deliberately.  With President Trump you could have a seat at the table and a voice that will be heard.

As the minority political label, please, don't scoff at this.  Your voice will be welcome.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:46:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »
Those who wear the label "Constitution Conservative" are a severe minority in the US.  I urge you not to ostracize yourself so deliberately.  With President Trump you could have a seat at the table and a voice that will be heard.

As the minority political label, please, don't scoff at this.  Your voice will be welcome.
I'm a Constitutional Conservative and a Christian. I know that the office of the President only matters to these areas in as far as the Judicial appointments. Its the Courts where such issues are resolved one way or the other. I also know where we will be if Hillary is the one who selects the Judicial appointments. IMHO no Constitutional Conservative and/or christian can help her get elected the office of the President. She is a known evil. Trump is a wild card. The only thing rational people can do is weigh the odds and its a no brainier. There is a chance we get more Constitutional and Christian with Trump. There is no chance with any other options including staying home as all roads that way lead to Hillary.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 09:01:46 pm »

After you claimed we were trying to destroy America? Dream on. I will never kiss a tyrant's ring.

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »
After you claimed we were trying to destroy America? Dream on. I will never kiss a tyrant's ring.

Who claimed you were trying to destroy America?  What tyrant?  And especially, what ring??

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 09:04:59 pm »
Who claimed you were trying to destroy America?  What tyrant?  And especially, what ring??
That was you, RiV. Remember?