Author Topic: Limbaugh avoids endorsing Trump  (Read 699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Limbaugh avoids endorsing Trump
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281104-limbaugh-avoids-endorsing-trump

May 24, 2016, 04:46 pm
Limbaugh avoids endorsing Trump

By Rebecca Savransky

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh avoided endorsing Donald Trump for president after being pressed by a caller on why he wouldn't make the endorsement.

"I think it's a moot point now," he said, according to The Blaze.

Limbaugh was confronted by a caller who told him it was time that the "all-knowing, all-seeing Rushbo, the omniscient one" endorse the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

"In the word of a famous and well-known politician: What difference does it make now?" Limbaugh said, alluding to comments Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton made about the Benghazi attacks.

“He needs your endorsement. It’s that important. And it’s about time you did it," the caller responded.

Limbaugh pointed out that primary elections aren't over, noting that the Washington state GOP convention backed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) this past weekend over Trump despite Cruz suspending his bid earlier this month. The final primary contests happen in June.

"There's still anything that can happen out there," he said.

Limbaugh added that his endorsement doesn't matter now. He said he's never endorsed someone in a primary season.

"I don't live under any delusions here that people are going to make up their minds ... just because I happen to tell people who I'm for," Limbaugh said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Limbaugh avoids endorsing Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:10 pm »
I still hold Limbaugh partly responsible for Trump's success.

Had he remained a principled Conservative and pointed out Trump's liberalism plainly and frequently, I think some of his followers wouldn't have fallen in love as they did.

Rush did everything BUT endorse Trump when he was singing his praises because he had his way with the media.

He was enamored and  lost his cool........... and his consistency at the same time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:59:27 pm »
Of course he won't. Why would he? A good chunk of his audience despises Trump.

Plus since he calls himself a conservative talk show host he doesn't want to risk being embarrassed and losing credibility when/as Trump drops his 'conservative' shtick.

As opposed to Hannity, who's fortunes are now inextricably linked to Trump.

Still, its clear Rush personally likes Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:06:42 pm »
I agree.  Still, it's a start.

A start, yes.

It's just going to take me a while to believe what he says again............. if I ever do.

But yes, if he's going to regain credibility as a Conservative, he's going to need to swallow his infatuation with Trump and stick with the principles he's always claimed to have.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:03 am »

Had he remained a principled Conservative and pointed out Trump's liberalism plainly and frequently, I think some of his followers wouldn't have fallen in love as they did.

Rush did everything BUT endorse Trump when he was singing his praises because he had his way with the media.

He was enamored and  lost his cool........... and his consistency at the same time.

Agreed. Limbaugh though repeatedly stated that he wasn't endorsing him ... but you are correct, he's patted him on the back quite a bit.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:29 am »
Agreed. Limbaugh though repeatedly stated that he wasn't endorsing him ... but you are correct, he's patted him on the back quite a bit.

Before I stopped listening to him, I heard shows where he spent all three hours on Trump, and never once stated that he wasn't Conservative.

I considered that a betrayal of things he had always claimed.

For me, once trust is broken, it takes a long time to restore.

And I know I can't be the only one who feels that way about Rush right now.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:49:57 am »
I thought Rush endorsed Cruz.  Maybe not exactly, but it was close to that.
http://www.wbdaily.com/national/rush-limbaugh-endorses-ted-cruz-on-fox-news-sunday/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 03:05:09 am »
This is pretty interesting, too, from Limbaugh:

Read full transcript here:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/24/trump_starts_doing_the_job_the_media_won_t_do_on_the_clintons_tawdry_past

Look, folks, I predicted long ago that Millennials would be appalled to learn about the Clintons' past.  To me, that's a no brainer.  Especially women Millennials and how Trump is reaching out to them, educating them.  By the way, according to that ABC/Washington Post poll yesterday, Trump has just swung a lot of Millennials over to his side.  It's a 36% swing.  Now, "Clinton's support among young voters 18 to 29 has dropped 19% since March, and Trump has gained 17% support from the same demographic group, a 36% swing among Millennials."

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:07:00 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 03:11:25 am »

I'm confused.  TOS hates Limbaugh because he supported Cruz.  So which is it?  I think Rush played it right down the middle.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 05:38:48 am »
Of course he won't. Why would he? A good chunk of his audience despises Trump.

Plus since he calls himself a conservative talk show host he doesn't want to risk being embarrassed and losing credibility when/as Trump drops his 'conservative' shtick.

As opposed to Hannity, who's fortunes are now inextricably linked to Trump.

Still, its clear Rush personally likes Trump.
He does like him a lot. They are golfing buddies as Rush as discussed over the years.
But I still have no idea who he supports or supported :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:39:23 am by Repub4Trump »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 05:44:30 am »
Of course he didn't endorse Trump. Why would he?
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 02:16:51 pm »
I'm confused.  TOS hates Limbaugh because he supported Cruz.  So which is it?  I think Rush played it right down the middle.

I was never a 3 hour a day, every day listener, but early on every word I heard coming from Rush was pro-Trump, and almost nothing was said about Cruz.  I listened fairly frequently, and never once heard him saying, while he was loving Trump's control of the press, that he wasn't a Conservative.  Never heard a word about that for months, so I stopped listening, for the most part.

Later on, he mentioned he started telling the truth about Trump, and took Cruz' side, but for me, it was far too little, far too late.

I've been a listener since the early 90's, but don't listen at all any more.   It's only my perspective, but IMO, he was grossly negligent in not stating clearly that Trump didn't believe the things Rush had been talking about for decades.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 02:24:52 pm »
That was my impression, too, but then I  don't listen more than five minutes per day, on average.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org