Author Topic: The Bush Never-Trumpers Have Already Trashed Their Conservative Credentials  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There was speculation from others she was a potential nominee -Nothing from the Trump camp itself. And those who understand a little bit of how Trump thinks knew he is not the type to pander to a PC demographic by choosing by race or sex as a primary consideration. He also is not looking by State gain either. IMHO  he is shooting for the equivalent of a CEO to help run the day to day details while he directs policy as the Chairmen of the board - regardless of their skin color or whats between their legs.

None of that has anything to do with him attacking her over comments she made in mid-April - you're just trying to obfuscate the issue by raising a point that is irrelevant to his recent comments.  Of course, I don't think his recent attack really has anything to do with those comments at all.  It has to do with her not coming to his rally, people commenting on what that means, and him feeling that he had to attack her in response.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:01:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Mechanicos

You apparently share with Trump the inability to distinguish criticisms of policies/actions, with intensely personal attacks.  Candidates have always disagreed with each other -- Rubio and Cruz battled viciously over the Gang of 8 Bill, but you didn't see Rubio going after Cruz's wife and father, or Cruz going after Rubio's height.  Honestly, I've been watching GOP primaries since 1976, and I can't recall the kind of personal attacks Trump made ever being made by any candidate for the nomination.

If you don't see the difference, that's fine.  I suppose that just illustrates that the gulf that some of us hope might be bridged is actually unbridgeable.  If you don't see an issue with the way Trump acted in the primary, and think that's a perfectly acceptable model moving forward, then I don't want any part of it.  I'd rather see him lose and Hillary be President than Trump's behavior become an acceptable norm.  Because if that happens, there's no point in having a political party period.
I'm a fighter too. If somebody attacks they open the door and justify what they get. Lawyers are word smiths, they can insult you and make you like it. Same with professional Politicians (mostly redundant). Make no Mistake by attacking his positions and methods they are attacking him. Degree of it is not whats important its the fact they did it first and he was not "mean" to them until they opened the door.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline skeeter

You apparently share with Trump the inability to distinguish criticisms of policies/actions, with intensely personal attacks.  Candidates have always disagreed with each other -- Rubio and Cruz battled viciously over the Gang of 8 Bill, but you didn't see Rubio going after Cruz's wife and father, or Cruz going after Rubio's height.  Honestly, I've been watching GOP primaries since 1976, and I can't recall the kind of personal attacks Trump made ever being made by any candidate for the nomination.  Go ahead -- find even one example equivalent to Trump's very early attack on Perry wearing glasses.

If you don't see the difference, that's fine.  I suppose that just illustrates that the gulf that some of us hope might be bridged is actually unbridgeable.  If you don't see an issue with the way Trump acted in the primary, and think that's a perfectly acceptable model moving forward, then I don't want any part of it.  I'd rather see him lose and Hillary be President than Trump's behavior become an acceptable norm.  Because if that happens, there's no point in having a political party period.  Might as well just have a Don Rickles impersonation contest, and run the winner.

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:18:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm a fighter too. If somebody attacks they open the door and justify what they get. Lawyers are word smiths, they can insult you and make you like it. Same with professional Politicians (mostly redundant). Make no Mistake by attacking his positions and methods they are attacking him. Degree of it is not whats important its the fact they did it first and he was not "mean" to them until they opened the door.

Well, we just have a fundamental disagreement on that, then.  I don't think a proper response to "your tax plan doesn't balance" is "your wife is fat and ugly, and your kid's a cripple", just because they 'opened the door'.  I not only think it is wrong morally, but is also a losing tactic long-term.

Everything has a time and place, and what is appropriate in one context is not appropriate in others.  We're not talking about a bunch of jarheads shooting the shite at each other for amusement during a few minutes of downtime.  Been there, done that.  We're talking about the Presidency, and trying to appeal to the broadest spectrum of voters.  And a candidate who does that is going to be alienating needlessly a whole bunch of folks who otherwise might consider voting for him.  Not to mentioning alienating support he'll desperately need in Congress if he actually wants to accomplish anything of substance if elected.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:51:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tell that to the idiot you support - who's doubling down on his attacks on "fellow" Republicans, at exactly the time he's supposed to be consolidating his support.

Trump cares only about himself;  the GOP's a convenient vessel, nothing more. 

For Republicans,  suicide remains a choice not a requirement.   It can still be rejected.

Calm down, please.  For your health, if for no other reason.   **nononono*