Author Topic: The Bush Never-Trumpers Have Already Trashed Their Conservative Credentials  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This was a brutal primary season, for certain.  But the 11th Commandment never stood a chance after Trump won the South.  Trump's competitors lost their collective minds and Trump squashed them.  It's that simple....

This is complete nonsense.  I can't tell if you're just trolling, or you really believe this.  So the 11th Commandment was ruined by other candidates angry that Trump won the SEC primary on March 1?  What the hell -- a good chunk of the people he had insulted were already out of the race by that time.  In your zeal to build support for Trump, did you just forget what actually happened?

How about this about Carson, from November 2015:

"It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper," he told Burnett. "That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."

Or this collection of garbage tweets against Rubio, from the last week of February:

https://twitter.com/BKcolin/status/704024674976571392

Or this line of crap against Rand Paul, during a debate in September 2015.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-hits-rand-paul-gop-debate-article-1.2363485

Not enough?  How about this gem against Rick Perry in July 2015

“He put on glasses so people think he’s smart. People can see through the glasses,” Trump said.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/trump-rick-perry-put-on-glasses-so-people-think-hes-smart/

And that's not even touching the personal insults against Bush, or any of the other candidates.

I've been a little confused why we're not--together--celebrating and applauding what we've always claimed we wanted:  A fighter--fearless, smart and non-pc who would not be intimidated by the MSM.

Right -- A GOP candidate who would repeatedly trash other GOP candidates, including sitting Republican office-holders, with mocking, juvenile insults.  That's what we've all been begging for, and you're just a little confused why we're not all celebrating and applauding finally getting what we wanted....

This is straight-up revisionist garbage.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:20:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Oceander

This is complete nonsense.  I can't tell if you're just trolling, or you really believe this.  So the 11th Commandment was ruined by other candidates angry that Trump won the SEC primary on March 1?  How about this about Carson, from November 2015:

"It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper," he told Burnett. "That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."

Or this collection of garbage tweets against Rubio, from the last week of February:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-hits-rand-paul-gop-debate-article-1.2363485

“He put on glasses so people think he’s smart. People can see through the glasses,” Trump said.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/trump-rick-perry-put-on-glasses-so-people-think-hes-smart/

And that's not even touching the personal insults against Bush, or any of the other candidates.

Right -- A GOP candidate who would repeatedly trash sitting Republican office-holders with mocking, juvenile insults.  That's what we've all been begging for, and you're just a little confused why we're not all celebrating and applauding finally getting what we wanted....

Good post

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: Right In Va.
But the 11th Commandment never stood a chance after Trump won the South.

Except that Trump was already attacking Cruz by Iowa...

Damnit, Vulcan!  There you go again citing facts to a DATS.  You know damn well that with Democrats like Trump, there is always a Double-standard.  That is what allows Trump to bash the standing GOP governor of New Mexico while complaining about how someone like you violated the 11th Commandment by pointing out what a narcissistic immature Michael Bloomberg wannabe he is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

It has nothing to do with sour grapes and "my guy" losing and everything to do with Trump being a bridge too far.  That is why this pablum about "healing" and "uniting" is nothing more than a sick joke from people who chucked their principles to follow a NYC liberal huckster.

When I hear Trump people telling us to 'heal' what I hear is 'better put some ice on that'.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

When I hear Trump people telling us to 'heal' what I hear is 'better put some ice on that'.

Trump does not understand the difference between disagreement, and personal insults.  They are exactly equal in his mind due to his own massively inflated sense of self-importance and utter lack of humility at any level.

Oceander

Agreed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This is complete nonsense.  I can't tell if you're just trolling, or you really believe this.  So the 11th Commandment was ruined by other candidates angry that Trump won the SEC primary on March 1?  What the hell -- a good chunk of the people he had insulted were already out of the race by that time.  In your zeal to build support for Trump, did you just forget what actually happened?

Right -- A GOP candidate who would repeatedly trash other GOP candidates, including sitting Republican office-holders, with mocking, juvenile insults.  That's what we've all been begging for, and you're just a little confused why we're not all celebrating and applauding finally getting what we wanted....

:thumbsup3: :hands:  :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :thumbsup3:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I've been a little confused why we're not--together--celebrating and applauding what we've always claimed we wanted:  A fighter--fearless, smart and non-pc who would not be intimidated by the MSM.

What we wanted was a fighter for conservative values, not a xenophobic alt-right fascist.   If Trump's the cure, then its a cure worse than the disease.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What we wanted was a fighter for conservative values, not a xenophobic alt-right fascist.   If Trump's the cure, then its a cure worse than the disease.   

I disagree strongly with your assessment of Donald Trump.  But, paraphrasing Rumsfeld ... we go to war with the army we've got.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I disagree strongly with your assessment of Donald Trump.  But, paraphrasing Rumsfeld ... we go to war with the army we've got.

Because going to war led by a guy who aided and abetted the enemy his whole life up until recently is such a wise strategy.   Let us know how that works out for you folks.

We'll watch you march into the swamps and quicksand behind your dear leader from afar while prepping for what we know is coming.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think I'd have preferred Jeb Bush.

You might be grateful that Trump's supporters have saved you from your self.

The GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes for President, with Bush I, Dole, Bush II (2000), McCain, Romney.

Try a different (better?) way, for a change.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump took a torch to the GOP car engine during the primaries and now wonders why the darn thing won't run.  No one trusts Trump.

It's one thing to acknowledge what Trump did, but reconcile yourself to supporting him because he's the nominee.  I understand that POV.  But it is something else entirely to pretend that it was the other candidates who started the mud-slinging.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:41:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Henry Noel

You might be grateful that Trump's supporters have saved you from your self.

The GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes for President, with Bush I, Dole, Bush II (2000), McCain, Romney.

Try a different (better?) way, for a change.

I could at least have called him the lesser of two evils.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Well, this is just sad.   **nononono*

geronl

Trump supporters shouldn't pretend they know what conservative means

Offline Mechanicos

Utter Garbage. Carson went after Trump First.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/ben-carson-donald-trump-attack-2016-213495

Same with your boy here. Rubio Started it and got his ass handed to him.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/rubio-trump-feud-214031

Paul started a fight and lost.
http://time.com/3991699/donald-trump-rand-paul/

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/rick-perry-donald-trump-doesn-204643529.html;_ylt=A0SO8zs1z0ZXSE0Ag2NXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMjRxaWlnBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDQjE3NjNfMQRzZWMDc3I-

This is straight-up revisionist garbage

See the Pattern here hypocrite? They all started it by attacking Trump FIRST. Yet you only focus on Trump fighting back ignoring its a defensive move. Where is your 11th commandment hypocrisy about all those "victims" you listed omitting they attacked Trump's First?

The same with Martinez recently. She went out of her way to attack Trump on the border, wall and illegals way before the Rally but hey shes the innocent victim here to the double-standard hypocrites of #neverTrump.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Gov. Martinez "attacked" Trump by declining to attend his rally.    And Trump proceeds to slam a Hispanic Republican governor of a border state - exactly the sort of individual he needs in his corner.

Trump is a narcissist to the point of self-destruction.    As many have said, he utterly lacks the temperament to be President, with access to the nuke codes.   

The convention is still a month away.    There is still no reason why the delegates cannot vote their consciences,  and avoid political suicide.

Let the Trumpsters influence the party platform,  but the delegates can and must reject the man.   He's gonzo.     

Oceander

#NeverTrump

'Nuff said. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Tell that to the idiot you support - who's doubling down on his attacks on "fellow" Republicans, at exactly the time he's supposed to be consolidating his support.

Trump cares only about himself;  the GOP's a convenient vessel, nothing more. 

For Republicans,  suicide remains a choice not a requirement.   It can still be rejected.   

Offline Mechanicos

Gov. Martinez "attacked" Trump by declining to attend his rally.
Elsewhere on here now in several places is the article showing where before this rally Martinez attacked Trump, his wall and his Plan. Her not attending the rally is a continuation of the situation SHE created. It was not cause of Trump pushing back. 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Well, I don't appreciate a "refugee" without papers or proof of who s/he is wondering if I'm a troll.  So you can drop that  :bs: in your future posts to me.

As far as the big, mean Donald Trump, get over it.  The primary is over.  Your brilliant candidate desperately tried to defeat Donald Trump--tried anything to defeat Donald Trump.  In the end he was like a trout flopping all over the boat.  Just ask Carly. 

In a nutshell, Cruz was repellent to the majority of voters.  He lost all on his own....failing to build a relationship with the people,  just like he failed in the Senate, in the Justice Department and during college.  Both Cruz and his handful of supporters would do well to face this and work on changing it.  Blaming the big, mean Donald Trump can't be used to explain away his next failure.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well, I don't appreciate a "refugee" without papers or proof of who s/he is wondering if I'm a troll.  So you can drop that  :bs: in your future posts to me.

I didn't say you were a troll, and I apologize if my post came across that way.  But I thought you might be trolling on that particular post.  Also, I really don't know why it matters who I am -- what should matter is the merits of the arguments being raised.  I suppose you could google my screenname (which I changed from FR), but it is the ultimate "ghost" name so that probably won't help.  But if it really matters to you, I'll PM you my personal information.

As far as the big, mean Donald Trump, get over it.  The primary is over.  Your brilliant candidate desperately tried to defeat Donald Trump--tried anything to defeat Donald Trump.  In the end he was like a trout flopping all over the boat.  Just ask Carly.  In a nutshell, Cruz was repellent to the majority of voters.  He lost all on his own....failing to build a relationship with the people,  just like he failed in the Senate, in the Justice Department and during college.  Both Cruz and his handful of supporters would do well to face this and work on changing it.  Blaming the big, mean Donald Trump can't be used to explain away his next failure.

First, none of his has anything to do with the specific statement you made that I was addressing.  You made the argument that the 11th Commandment was broken by other candidates who were upset that Trump won the South.  Here it is again:

But the 11th Commandment never stood a chance after Trump won the South.  Trump's competitors lost their collective minds and Trump squashed them.  It's that simple.

That was, and remains, a factually unsupportable argument, and that was the specific point you made that I thought might be trolling just to tweak Trump opponents because I didn't think anyone could honestly believe that it was the other candidates, not Trump, who started the personal attacks in the primary.  So I provided a bunch of evidence that Trump started those attacks long before March 1, going all the way back to July of 2015.  This post of yours in response doesn't even attempt to address any of that evidence.  In fact, you didn't address that point period, and that was the focus of my entire post.

Second, as to the "your brilliant candidate...." remark, why is it that so many Trump supporters characterize everyone who dislikes him as a butthurt Cruz supporter? Cruz was not my candidate -- I preferred Rubio because I thought Cruz's personality and style would be too off-putting to general election voters.  What turned me off of Trump was the 11th Commandment stuff -- his repeated trashing of other Republicans that continues to this day.  So when you said this, I responded pretty strongly:

Do you honestly think Trump is who "we've always claimed we wanted?"  Heck, even a lot of his supporters will admit he's flawed as hell.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I never wanted someone who would throw other Republicans into the gutter.  And I'm getting more and more worried that he's going to increase his trashing of other Republicans the closer he gets to the election, because he takes it personally and says something stupid every time someone doesn't genuflect to him.  That is going to have a ripple effect as his continued attacks alienate more Republicans, who will then not support him, who he will then attack....  So no, speaking for myself only, this is not what I've "always wanted".  I wanted a candidate who would go hard on Democrats, not one who would trash Republicans.

One last point -- The fact that Cruz may not have been a good general election candidate does not excuse everything Trump said and did during the primary to everyone else, whether you include Cruz in that or not.  Nor does it excuse or mitigate the things he's continuing to say about other Republicans.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:44:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Elsewhere on here now in several places is the article showing where before this rally Martinez attacked Trump, his wall and his Plan. Her not attending the rally is a continuation of the situation SHE created. It was not cause of Trump pushing back.

She made comments about him in March, back when the race was still in doubt.  Since he's emerged as the nominee-apparent, she's been quiet about him.  He is re-igniting a dispute that was in the past, and that helps no-one.  Including Trump himself.

Offline Mechanicos

She made comments about him in March, back when the race was still in doubt.  Since he's emerged as the nominee-apparent, she's been quiet about him.  He is re-igniting a dispute that was in the past, and that helps no-one.  Including Trump himself.
There was speculation from others she was a potential nominee -Nothing from the Trump camp itself. And those who understand a little bit of how Trump thinks knew he is not the type to pander to a PC demographic by choosing by race or sex as a primary consideration. He also is not looking by State gain either. IMHO  he is shooting for the equivalent of a CEO to help run the day to day details while he directs policy as the Chairmen of the board - regardless of their skin color or whats between their legs. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Utter Garbage. Carson went after Trump First.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/ben-carson-donald-trump-attack-2016-213495

Same with your boy here. Rubio Started it and got his ass handed to him.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/rubio-trump-feud-214031

Paul started a fight and lost.
http://time.com/3991699/donald-trump-rand-paul/
http://finance.yahoo.com/video/rick-perry-donald-trump-doesn-204643529.html;_ylt=A0SO8zs1z0ZXSE0Ag2NXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMjRxaWlnBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDQjE3NjNfMQRzZWMDc3I-

See the Pattern here hypocrite? They all started it by attacking Trump FIRST. Yet you only focus on Trump fighting back ignoring its a defensive move. Where is your 11th commandment hypocrisy about all those "victims" you listed omitting they attacked Trump's First?

You apparently share with Trump the inability to distinguish criticisms of policies/actions, with intensely personal attacks.  Candidates have always disagreed with each other -- Rubio and Cruz battled viciously over the Gang of 8 Bill, but you didn't see Rubio going after Cruz's wife and father, or Cruz going after Rubio's height.  Honestly, I've been watching GOP primaries since 1976, and I can't recall the kind of personal attacks Trump made ever being made by any candidate for the nomination.  Go ahead -- find even one example equivalent to Trump's very early attack on Perry wearing glasses.

If you don't see the difference, that's fine.  I suppose that just illustrates that the gulf that some of us hope might be bridged is actually unbridgeable.  If you don't see an issue with the way Trump acted in the primary, and think that's a perfectly acceptable model moving forward, then I don't want any part of it.  I'd rather see him lose and Hillary be President than Trump's behavior become an acceptable norm.  Because if that happens, there's no point in having a political party period.  Might as well just have a Don Rickles impersonation contest, and run the winner.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:07:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »