Author Topic: What Would a President Trump Do?...By Ben Shapiro  (Read 877 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Would a President Trump Do?...By Ben Shapiro
« on: May 25, 2016, 12:21:45 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/435816/print

What Would a President Trump Do?
A look at the possibilities, from the border Wall to the Supreme Court to Iran
By Ben Shapiro — May 25, 2016

In 2008, then-senator Barack Obama announced in his second autobiography, The Audacity of Hope, “I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views.” Obama campaigned on supposed practicality and ad hoc politicking. This left his most cynical detractors shadowboxing at the leftist positions they knew that he actually held, even as the media and his supporters tut-tutted such catastrophic thinking.

Then, it turned out, Obama’s detractors were right.

Donald Trump may despise President Obama enough to question his origin of birth (he pulls all the girls’ pigtails, from Marco Rubio to Ted Cruz). But he mimics Obama’s tabula rasa campaign to perfection. He’s an ink blot. When Trump’s detractors point out that Trump has swiveled on every major campaign promise, every major issue, Trump supporters accuse them of going full Rohrshach in Watchmen: Every ink blot, they say, can’t be an image of an atrocity. Some, they say, must be butterflies and clouds.

What, they ask, could go so wrong in a Trump presidency? Here, then, is an attempt to realistically assess what a Trump presidency would look like. My biases are clear up front: I don’t trust Trump. I don’t trust his promises, because he has shown no willingness to hold to them. I don’t trust his ideology, because he proclaims that his guiding star is his own self-assurance. I trust Trump to be Trump: a man of convenience, a thinker of no great depth, a reactionary with no constitutional understanding and a willingness to maximize executive power.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: What Would a President Trump Do?...By Ben Shapiro
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
Curious why this smear merchant who attempt to smear Trump this spring got him fired by Breibart is taken seriously by anyone anymore?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 05:27:10 pm »
What would a President Trump do? No one knows, especially Trump. His disorganized mind and lack of knowledge make him a wild card.

But we won't have to find out when we are faced with Hitlery, a corrupt and evil woman, winning the WH with the stock-in-trade of the Dems- voter fraud.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
Curious why this smear merchant who attempt to smear Trump this spring got him fired by Breibart is taken seriously by anyone anymore?

Shapiro is much more serious than Trumpbart