Author Topic: Ken Starr Who Once Tried To Bury Clinton Now Praises Him  (Read 1135 times)

Offline mirraflake

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/us/politics/ken-starr-impeachment-bill-clinton.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

An unlikely voice recently bemoaned the decline of civility in presidential politics, warned that “deep anger” was fueling an “almost radical populism” and sang the praises of former President Bill Clinton — particularly his “redemptive” years of philanthropic work since leaving the White House.

The voice was that of Kenneth W. Starr, the former Whitewater independent counsel, whose Javert-like pursuit of Mr. Clinton in the 1990s helped bring a new intensity to partisan warfare and led to the impeachment of a president for only the second time in the nation’s history.

The presumptive Republican nominee, Donald J. Trump, increasingly seems to be trying to relitigate the scandals that Mr. Starr investigated, dredging up allegations of sexual transgressions by Mr. Clinton to accuse Hillary Clinton — the likely Democratic nominee — of having aided and enabled her husband at the expense of Mr. Clinton’s female accusers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:43:15 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Re: Ken Starr Who Once Tried To Bury Clinton Now Praises Him
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »
Hillary probably has some dirt on Starr.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:53:53 pm »
I call bullsh*t.   Ken Star hardly put any real effort into getting Clinton. 

He made a great show of pretending though.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:10:16 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/us/politics/ken-starr-impeachment-bill-clinton.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

An unlikely voice recently bemoaned the decline of civility in presidential politics, warned that “deep anger” was fueling an “almost radical populism” and sang the praises of former President Bill Clinton — particularly his “redemptive” years of philanthropic work since leaving the White House.

The voice was that of Kenneth W. Starr, the former Whitewater independent counsel, whose Javert-like pursuit of Mr. Clinton in the 1990s helped bring a new intensity to partisan warfare and led to the impeachment of a president for only the second time in the nation’s history.

The presumptive Republican nominee, Donald J. Trump, increasingly seems to be trying to relitigate the scandals that Mr. Starr investigated, dredging up allegations of sexual transgressions by Mr. Clinton to accuse Hillary Clinton — the likely Democratic nominee — of having aided and enabled her husband at the expense of Mr. Clinton’s female accusers.
Picked my username in 1998 because I thought he was going to get the goods on the Clintons. 8888crybaby
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:11:15 pm »

Really?  What didn't he "get"?  What should he have done differently?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »
Consider the source. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:34:59 pm »

He should have left the Lewinski crap alone and stuck with his original mandate of ferreting out the various Chinese and Indonesian bribery scandals.  He dropped the whole 1996 election illegal finance scandal just to go after Lewinski. I didn't like it then, and I like it even less upon reading this article.  It does lend credence to the theory that Starr threw this thing.

Starr took his eye off the ball.  He ignored Lippo, the Buddhist Temple, Loral, and many other things.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 05:46:07 pm »

This ^^^

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:22:02 pm »

And here you are again,  once more on the liberal side of an issue. 

Do the names Charlie Trie and John Huang ring a bell? 

Are you old enough to remember the Clinton years?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 10:12:17 pm »
He should have left the Lewinski crap alone and stuck with his original mandate of ferreting out the various Chinese and Indonesian bribery scandals.  He dropped the whole 1996 election illegal finance scandal just to go after Lewinski. I didn't like it then, and I like it even less upon reading this article.  It does lend credence to the theory that Starr threw this thing.

Starr took his eye off the ball.  He ignored Lippo, the Buddhist Temple, Loral, and many other things.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”