Author Topic: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?  (Read 8735 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »
WE can agree to disagree but I'll ask other's to respond. I heard him praise Cruz, but not what you are saying. That would've alienated his Trumpster listenership. He twisted logic to defend Trump.
I heard Rush do both...

It's funny, if you look at TOS, you can see the time Rush was praising Cruz, and everyone there was bashing Rush, saying how terrible and sold out he was.

Then a week later, Rush was praising Trump, and then it was all good.  And since Cruz dropped out, Rush has been twisting logic and arguments, in order to prop up Trump...hence why I stopped listening. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
I heard Rush do both...

It's funny, if you look at TOS, you can see the time Rush was praising Cruz, and everyone there was bashing Rush, saying how terrible and sold out he was.

Then a week later, Rush was praising Trump, and then it was all good.  And since Cruz dropped out, Rush has been twisting logic and arguments, in order to prop up Trump...hence why I stopped listening.

Yup.  I turned him off for good today after that lady called to complain she couldn't get her Ted Cruz friends to vote for Trump and Rush called them "childish'. The split second I heard that the radio went off.

So I am permanently done listening to his show or patronizing his advertisers.

Amazing how quickly principles get tossed away for money or fear of losing money and influence.

Like I said once before - I don't care if I'm the only person left in the country who won't seig-heil Trump.  Everyone else is welcome to jump right on over the cliff into Populist Fascism with him.

I won't be one of them.

This all reminds me of that scene in Kingdom of Heaven after the Muslims under Saldin sack Jerusalem and the Christian Bishop tells the Catholic survivors "Convert to Islam now, repent later".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:39 pm »
I will admit, Trump doesn't talk about liberty.  But he sure as hell practices it, doesn't he?  I mean, there doesn't seem to be any limits or boundaries out there.  He's not constrained by political correctness.  He has escaped the surly bonds of that.  That's liberty and freedom.  He's not constrained by onerous local, state, federal laws.  He's made billions of dollars despite them.  He's made millions of dollars with a reality TV show, which is the belly of the pop culture beast.  I mean, he's swimming around in the bowels of it in there, folks, doing a reality TV show.  I mean, that's like living with Jerry Springer.

This is Rush claming that Trump "Practices liberty" by having a reality TV show and making billions. This is when I stopped drinking the Rush koolaid.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »
Yup.  I turned him off for good today after that lady called to complain she couldn't get her Ted Cruz friends to vote for Trump and Rush called them "childish'. The split second I heard that the radio went off.

So I am permanently done listening to his show or patronizing his advertisers.

Amazing how quickly principles get tossed away for money or fear of losing money and influence.

Like I said once before - I don't care if I'm the only person left in the country who won't seig-heil Trump.  Everyone else is welcome to jump right on over the cliff into Populist Fascism with him.

I won't be one of them.

Yeah, I cannot handle all of the rah-rah concerning the upcoming election going out over talk radio now.

I'm still disappointed, but its not that. Its just boring.

After 35 years I am finally convinced looking to politicians (yes, Trump is now a politician) for salvation is a fools errand. That way leads no where.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2016, 07:15:23 pm »

After 35 years I am finally convinced looking to politicians (yes, Trump is now a politician) for salvation is a fools errand. That way leads no where.

That's not true. 

A people who look to a man to be their political or national savior leads to totalitarian despotism that always leads to genocide and/or civil war.

Always.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2016, 07:18:35 pm »
That's not true. 

A people who look to a man to be their political or national savior leads to totalitarian despotism that always leads to genocide and/or civil war.

Always.

Point taken.

I do think an Article 5 Convention of States might offer some potential for a last ditch turn around, but I don't know how likely it is anything like that could happen.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 08:07:12 pm »
Point taken.

I do think an Article 5 Convention of States might offer some potential for a last ditch turn around, but I don't know how likely it is anything like that could happen.

I understand what Article V represents and what it could have offered to prevent where we have arrived if it was done 20 YEARS AGO.

A lawless regime, a corrupt oligarchy and Federal Beast in power is NEVER going to permit and allow itself to be reformed by new laws when it circumvents existing laws that were supposed to prevent it from doing what it has been doing in the first place.

You CANNOT stop tyranny via civil means.  PERIOD.

Unless this people are willing to do what will be necessary to stop tyrants and impose new guards and laws upon those who have already envinced a design to render us under absolute despotism that the populace finds comfortable - Article V will just be another political event that will be corrupted or ignored by those in power.

It will require the threat of raw force and the will to execute force to impose any new Amendments the cabal in power objects to.

And I just do not see that happening, not when this people think the presidency is the equivalent of a monarchy and half the population wants what Hillary and Bernie Sanders intend to subjugate us to.

• Technical
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 08:19:23 pm »
I understand what Article V represents and what it could have offered to prevent where we have arrived if it was done 20 YEARS AGO.

A lawless regime, a corrupt oligarchy and Federal Beast in power is NEVER going to permit and allow itself to be reformed by new laws when it circumvents existing laws that were supposed to prevent it from doing what it has been doing in the first place.

You CANNOT stop tyranny via civil means.  PERIOD.

Unless this people are willing to do what will be necessary to stop tyrants and impose new guards and laws upon those who have already envinced a design to render us under absolute despotism that the populace finds comfortable - Article V will just be another political event that will be corrupted or ignored by those in power.

It will require the threat of raw force and the will to execute force to impose any new Amendments the cabal in power objects to.

And I just do not see that happening, not when this people think the presidency is the equivalent of a monarchy and half the population wants what Hillary and Bernie Sanders intend to subjugate us to.

Uhh no. People are not willing to engage in civil war. Sorry.

You sound like a loon.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2016, 08:59:31 pm »
Point taken.

I think we have to make it happen.

geronl

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2016, 09:08:51 pm »
I cracked and read a transcript from the Limbaugh show

He has become a liberal Democrat. He demeans conservative callers, says "real women" (liberal code words) love Trump... says the ladies need wined and dined (might as well say they ain't getting enough sex if they don't like the orange pimp)

This is disgusting. These former conservatives have adopted the absolute worst traits of the far left.

#NeverTrump x a trillion.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2016, 09:16:05 pm »

He has become a liberal Democrat. He demeans conservative callers, says "real women" (liberal code words) love Trump... says the ladies need wined and dined (might as well say they ain't getting enough sex if they don't like the orange pimp)

This is disgusting. These former conservatives have adopted the absolute worst traits of the far left.

As affluent as Rush has been for the past couple of decades, and as much as he obviously loves to hang with the rich & famous I'm surprised he's kept the conservative schtick up as long as he has.

• Technical
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:18 pm »
Limbaugh is gonna have to really contort logic to defend Trump's gaffes for the next 6 months. Trump backed out of the debate too late, I want to see how Rush defended that one.

Silver Pines

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2016, 10:57:28 pm »

Okay, I'm going to go there, and I just wish I could tell Rush this to his face.

"Real women" don't appreciate egotistical, braggart, BSing gasbags, of which Trump is the prime example.  And as for his looks, the very idea that women find him attractive is a ludicrous joke.  The very idea makes me want to gag.  He's a fat, orange-faced old fossil with a dyed blonde mullet and a turkey neck.  Let's get real here when we talk about Trump's so-called appeal to women, okay?   

If I couldn't find anything better than Trump to gush over, I'd go have my eyes examined.  You know, it's really sad...before Ann Coulter lost her mind, she wrote about the tendency of liberal women to elevate fat, ugly politicians to sex god status.  Now some women on our side are doing the same thing.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2016, 11:02:35 pm »
Okay, I'm going to go there, and I just wish I could tell Rush this to his face.

"Real women" don't appreciate egotistical, braggart, BSing gasbags, of which Trump is the prime example.  And as for his looks, the very idea that women find him attractive is a ludicrous joke.  The very idea makes me want to gag.  He's a fat, orange-faced old fossil with a dyed blonde mullet and a turkey neck.  Let's get real here when we talk about Trump's so-called appeal to women, okay?   

If I couldn't find anything better than Trump to gush over, I'd go have my eyes examined.  You know, it's really sad...before Ann Coulter lost her mind, she wrote about the tendency of liberal women to elevate fat, ugly politicians to sex god status.  Now some women on our side are doing the same thing.
There is one thing that women find attractive in Trump: the appearance of $$$
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »
Uhh no. People are not willing to engage in civil war. Sorry.

You sound like a loon.

Didn't I say that I do not see this people willing to do what is necessary to stop tyranny?

Would you have called Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams loons too?

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2016, 11:17:27 pm »
Didn't I say that I do not see this people willing to do what is necessary to stop tyranny?

Would you have called Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams loons too?

Ridiculous to compare the two situations.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2016, 11:34:10 pm »
WE can agree to disagree but I'll ask other's to respond. I heard him praise Cruz, but not what you are saying. That would've alienated his Trumpster listenership. He twisted logic to defend Trump.
I've heard him say Cruz is a great conservative a number of times while stating Trump is no conservative. But I can scarcely recall any negative comments he's made about Trump. He's gone out of his way to avoid saying anything negative about the Orange one while attacking anybody who tries to block or foil Trump.  He savaged Ryan for wanting Trump to agree to certain conservative principles. Imagine if that had been McCain or Romney.
He says Trump should keep doing what he's been doing and screw anybody who wants to change him.
No other candidate would get away with the stuff  Limbaugh lets Trump get away with.
Out of a twenty year habit I still listen to Rush, but it gets nauseating listening to the continual a..-kissing of Trump. I think he's a closer friend of Trump than he's willing to admit.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2016, 11:38:26 pm »
Ridiculous to compare the two situations.

Why?  Because you're comfortable with a tyranny the Founders would have gone to war against decades ago?

• Technical
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2016, 11:40:14 pm »
Why?  Because you're comfortable with a tyranny the Founders would have gone to war against decades ago?

What tyranny exactly?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2016, 11:40:49 pm »
I heard Rush do both...

It's hilarious to read the Rush-bashing comments from those dopes. Obviously, they never listen to the program. Rush has been an out an out Trump fanboy ever since he clinched the nomination. Even before that he was very careful talking about Trump. No other candidate with such a lack of conservative positions would have gotten the softball treatment Limbaugh has given Trump.
And then on the show today he attacked people who won't vote for Trump because of the Orange One's lack of character/principles.  Rush pooh-poohed all their objections as being childish. Because every candidate says stuff like Trump said during the primaries.
 Except they don't.  I'm 66, and I've never heard a candidate say the things Trump has said about members of his own party.  I think Rush has gone 'round the bend.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »
Yeah, I cannot handle all of the rah-rah concerning the upcoming election going out over talk radio now.

I'm still disappointed, but its not that. Its just boring.

"Yeah, I cannot handle all of the rah-rah concerning the upcoming election going out over talk radio now."

Then you've got to listen to Levin. He's disgusted by all the pom pon waving done by other talk show hosts. It must really hurt that one of his closest friends, Hannity, is such a Trump butt-kisser.
Today Levin hammered Trump about his "worker's party" statement. Levin calls things as he sees them. Too bad about all the other talk show hosts who've thrown away their integrity by their shameless boosting of the Orange Toad.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2016, 02:25:13 pm »
There is one thing that women find attractive in Trump: the appearance of $$$

Agreed.

There isn't enough money in the world, as far as I'm concerned. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Rush Limbaugh's radio contract about to expire
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:57 pm »
CNN video: Rush Limbaugh's radio contract about to expire

From Wikipedia:

"Limbaugh signed a $400 million, eight-year contract in 2008 with what was then Clear Channel Communications making him the highest paid broadcaster on terrestrial radio. His contract is up for renewal in 2016 with the show facing declining ratings, an aging listenership, and a strained relationship with advertisers due, in part, to the Sandra Fluke controversy. In addition, Limbaugh's carrier, now known as iHeartMedia, is in a much poorer financial position than it was in 2008 as it now carries $20 billion in debt and has seen its stock price drop from $90 in 2000, when it was still known as Clear Channel, to $1.15 in 2016."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:15 pm »
History shows us it would be stupid to bet against Rush, especially in an election cycle. Even a contentious one like this.
At that, IHRT may be a good pick up right now at 1.02 current price.

geronl

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2016, 07:26:49 pm »
History shows us it would be stupid to bet against Rush, especially in an election cycle. Even a contentious one like this.
At that, IHRT may be a good pick up right now at 1.02 current price.

His ratings seem to be down, even during election season... that is a real sign of trouble.