Author Topic: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?  (Read 8734 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 11:55:35 pm »
Rumors of Rush's demise have been around since he started and he always proves them wrong. Any business will have ebbs and flows. I have a feeling Rush will be ready to officially retire long before his show is really hurt.

With that being said, I do think Rush can do more for longevity. He completely discounts or even insults the Millennial generation (although he is going back to the younger ones with his books), which is becoming the largest voting and purchasing demographic. He doesn't really use nor understand Twitter, Facebook, and other new media formats. At that, he is really disconnected from how those work (which is a big gap for Conservatives in general).

I don't have any statistical evidence of anything but this long time Rush listener turned him off THIS election cycle!  They may well be others who have done the same.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 11:59:29 pm »
I don't have any statistical evidence of anything but this long time Rush listener turned him off THIS election cycle!  They may well be others who have done the same.

I've recently tuned out talk radio, as well, for the first time in 25 years.

Have suspected for years but the suspicions are now confirmed that most hosts are full of it-shay when they claim to be passionate about conservatism and the Constitution. I take very few of them seriously anymore.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:36 am »
Catch Mark Levin if you can.  He is still a solid, principled conservative.

He's really the only one I still listen to. He's one of the few I believe is largely sincere.

But I'm watching to see how he conducts himself as the campaign progresses.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2016, 12:13:45 am »
Listening schedule.

Monday, Rush Limbaugh
Tuesday, Rush Limbaugh
Wednesday, Rush Limbaugh
Thursday, Rush Limbaugh
Friday, Rush Limbaugh

Sunday, the Best of Rush Limbaugh

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 12:15:49 am »
Talk Radio becoming less popular? There are a lot of articles that show from when Rush first had his show, it was only a few to around 100s nowadays, so maybe it needs to be narrowed down.

I listen to Medved; I've come to enjoy it even if I don't always agree, he's a real anti-Trump crusader.

Someone on this forum said Prager had gone Trump, I did not know that. I have enjoyed his show but haven't been able to hear it much lately and as we know, it's not always straight politics like some of the others.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 12:16:13 am »
I've recently tuned out talk radio, as well, for the first time in 25 years.

Have suspected for years but the suspicions are now confirmed that most hosts are full of it-shay when they claim to be passionate about conservatism and the Constitution. I take very few of them seriously anymore.

I'm feeling the same way.

But I find it liberating to not need to tune in to anything any time.  LOTS more time to do more important things than listen to talkers....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:34 am »
I hope he doesn't endorse Trump.  I hope he just keeps pushing conservative principles without that hideous endorsement.  But he must follow his own conscience on the matter.  I cannot endure the Trump pom-pom wavers for long.  If he jumps on the pom-pom train, I might have to take a listening break.  I can't really see him giving too strong of an endorsement given all that has happened.  He doesn't like bullies and he is no dummy.  Neither does he need to be on the inside of that coming disaster.  He is fine standing on principle all by himself.  Someone has to.  At least that's how I see him after listening to him a lot.  We'll see.

Levin said he was NeverTrump, and I'm going to hold him to that. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45:53 am »
He's really the only one I still listen to. He's one of the few I believe is largely sincere.

But I'm watching to see how he conducts himself as the campaign progresses.

Andrew Wilkow is pretty good too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 12:56:19 am »
Andrew Wilkow is pretty good too.

Don't subscribe to SiriusXM, unfortunately.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2016, 02:27:52 am »
About every 6 months or so, a liberal article comes out that fantasizes about Rush going down the tubes.
This has been going on for about 20 years.

Rush is still here.

And as effective as always.  :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2016, 02:30:14 am »
Rush was right about McCain.  McCain would have been a terrible President.  While he would have been terrible differently than Obama, .../

How so, @RAT Patrol?  (Serious question)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2016, 06:55:30 am »

Count me in that group.  And I didn't renew my Rush 24/7 this month when I got my notification.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
Tried listening to Rush today. Lasted about ten minutes!  **nononono*

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »
Tried listening to Rush today. Lasted about ten minutes!  **nononono*

Remember when you flamed me for going off on Rush?!?! Was I right or wrong?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:29 am »
Remember when you flamed me for going off on Rush?!?! Was I right or wrong?

You were right but he has gotten even worse of late!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2016, 01:51:02 am »
You were right but he has gotten even worse of late!

Thank you!

I was listening after Cruz got into the argument with the two moron Trump supporters who just yelled "Lyin' Ted" as Cruz was trying to politely debate with them. Limbaugh was actually siding with Cruz for that. Wish he had done that all along and I think more people would have seen Trump and his supporters for what they were. Instead Rush made excuse after excuse for Donny. He even said that Trump liked liberty because he had a reality TV show?!?!

And yes, I'm not "#nevertrump" but I will hold my nose, suppress my gag instinct, and cover my ears (so I cannot hear him say anything embarassing) when/if I pull the lever for Donald next November. I don't begrudge those who won't however.

When this year is over a lot of conservative movement figures will be irreparably harmed by Trump IMO. Rush maybe more so than anybody else.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:51:19 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 01:56:21 am »
Thank you!

I was listening after Cruz got into the argument with the two moron Trump supporters who just yelled "Lyin' Ted" as Cruz was trying to politely debate with them. Limbaugh was actually siding with Cruz for that. Wish he had done that all along and I think more people would have seen Trump and his supporters for what they were. Instead Rush made excuse after excuse for Donny. He even said that Trump liked liberty because he had a reality TV show?!?!

And yes, I'm not "#nevertrump" but I will hold my nose, suppress my gag instinct, and cover my ears (so I cannot hear him say anything embarassing) when/if I pull the lever for Donald next November. I don't begrudge those who won't however.

When this year is over a lot of conservative movement figures will be irreparably harmed by Trump IMO. Rush maybe more so than anybody else.
I'm not disputing anything you said but I also have a recollection of Rush saying that "for conservatives there is only one choice in this race and that is Ted Cruz" many times.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:56:57 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2016, 04:04:14 am »

So, the plan is working....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 12:32:46 pm »
So, the plan is working....

To perfection! And Bill Clintoon and George Soros couldn't be any happier!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 01:55:43 pm »
I'm not disputing anything you said but I also have a recollection of Rush saying that "for conservatives there is only one choice in this race and that is Ted Cruz" many times.

Give me a break Bigun. I never heard him saying that and saying that would've pissed off the 50% of his listeners who supported Trump. Yes he praised Cruz but he also praised a log of Trump.

You heard a mirage.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 02:01:36 pm »
Give me a break Bigun. I never heard him saying that and saying that would've pissed off the 50% of his listeners who supported Trump. Yes he praised Cruz but he also praised a log of Trump.

You heard a mirage.

I'm not going to go pull up the files to prove it but I know what I heard him say on several different occasions!

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/02/10/rush-limbaugh-ted-cruz-is-the-closest-were-going-to-get-to-ronald-reagan-in-our-lifetimes/

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/rush-limbaugh-supports-ted-cruz-president/2016/02/10/id/713757/

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/02/10/if_conservatism_is_your_only_priority_there_is_no_choice_other_than_ted_cruz

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/02/rush-limbaugh-all-endorses-ted-cruz

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:06:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
I'm not going to go pull up the files to prove it but I know what I heard him say on several different occasions!

WE can agree to disagree but I'll ask other's to respond. I heard him praise Cruz, but not what you are saying. That would've alienated his Trumpster listenership. He twisted logic to defend Trump.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »
WE can agree to disagree but I'll ask other's to respond. I heard him praise Cruz, but not what you are saying. That would've alienated his Trumpster listenership. He twisted logic to defend Trump.

I found several links from different sources and added them to my post above.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

@Bigun

I haven't listened to Rush in months, but I googled and found this from his show transcripts;

"They were going left as fast as Deion Sanders can backpedal.  They were moving left faster than anybody I've ever seen go left.  And I opened the program yesterday saying, "You will never, ever have to worry about that with Ted Cruz."  And then I expanded on it. 
And let me say one thing: If conservatism is your bag, if conservatism is the dominating factor in how you vote, there is no other choice for you in this campaign than Ted Cruz, because you are exactly right: This is the closest in our lifetimes we have ever been to Ronald Reagan."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/02/10/if_conservatism_is_your_only_priority_there_is_no_choice_other_than_ted_cruz

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »
@Bigun

I haven't listened to Rush in months, but I googled and found this from his show transcripts;

"They were going left as fast as Deion Sanders can backpedal.  They were moving left faster than anybody I've ever seen go left.  And I opened the program yesterday saying, "You will never, ever have to worry about that with Ted Cruz."  And then I expanded on it. 
And let me say one thing: If conservatism is your bag, if conservatism is the dominating factor in how you vote, there is no other choice for you in this campaign than Ted Cruz, because you are exactly right: This is the closest in our lifetimes we have ever been to Ronald Reagan."

Thank You!  I'm old but not so old that I can't remember hearing something like that. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien