Author Topic: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?  (Read 8741 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 08:03:15 pm »
Limbaughs program may be stalling, but I have a very hard time believing it has anything to do with that fabricated controversy from four years ago.

It has everything to do with his shilling for Orange Wonderful
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kidd

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:39 pm »
About every 6 months or so, a liberal article comes out that fantasizes about Rush going down the tubes.
This has been going on for about 20 years.

Rush is still here.

Newsweek, Jon Stewart, Dan Rather and Air America are not.

'nuff said.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 08:07:37 pm »
The depth of hate in the #nevertrump members is something to behold.

Apparently, now that Trump for all his many flaws, is neck and neck with Hillary, the lashing out at everything around Trump must begin. Those of us who didn't profess an immediate and complete hate for Trump were cast as Trump worshippers and in the minds of #nevertrump, duly mocked.

Now Rush Limbaugh in particular and talk radio in general are in the cross hairs. Limbaugh is 65 and has accumulated more wealth than most people can dream of having. Limbaugh has no problems, and will live out his life in a style that would make Kings blush. But that's not the point, is it?

What seems to be the sub text is some of you can't wait for talk radio, and old white men to die off.

Neo liberalism isn't really any prettier than liberalism.

If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest. Proverbs 29:9
There's no reason to rage against the Orange Jester, though it is hard to tell the difference. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Relic

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »
Well, Relic, there's a whole big continuum between love and rage.  You go immediately to the rage end.  Got it.

You can characterize anything as you wish. You seem more than capable of constructing your own reality.
Enjoy that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 08:22:15 pm »
You can characterize anything as you wish. You seem more than capable of constructing your own reality.
Enjoy that.

No, I'm not going to let you get away with that.  Nothing I've written has been subjective or not factual.   You can interpret that any way you want to, except to pretend that I have written something other than what I actually did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 08:28:29 pm »
It is great to witness a #nevertrump admit their belief Obama would be a better President than McCain.

:shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 08:29:56 pm »
No, I'm not going to let you get away with that.  Nothing I've written has been subjective or not factual.   You can interpret that any way you want to, except to pretend that I have written something other than what I actually did.

Ahhh, the comfort of your own reality. You're not going to "let me get away" with posting what I posted?
You've taken such a bold stance.  :silly:

You ask an innocuous question only so you can come back and tweak me, as you've done several times. I immediately reach for rage?

If you didn't want to characterize me so that you could stay in your little alternate reality, you may have asked why I used rage to describe it, even though I tried to give you insight, which seems to elude you on a frequent basis.

Now you can give me your indignant reply and tell me how I'm just like Trump. I know the drill.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »
Well, the first tip off is a hit piece from politico posted on a site that once upon a time billed itself as a conservative site. Rage isn't always manifested as low, obnoxious, profane expression. One of the most vocal of the legion of #nevertrumps posted this hit piece in the wake of news of Trump gaining in the polls.

And then there is:

"Old geezers who listen to talk radio are dying off. "

I classify it as rage. You are free to classify it as loving care if you wish.

So if we disagree with you then its rage.  If we agree with Trump its thoughtful, peaceful, and gonna make American Great!!

No agenda there...
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Relic

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2016, 08:43:05 pm »
So if we disagree with you then its rage.  If we agree with Trump its thoughtful, peaceful, and gonna make American Great!!

No agenda there...

Context.

Just as you've omitted context for my comments, I put the postings here in the context of what I've seen the past few months.

Ignoring context to cast me as another raving orange wonderful supporter?
No agenda there.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 08:43:59 pm »
Is he in trouble? Not a chance. Limbaugh has made enough money to live not only comfortably, but luxuriously for the rest of his life.

Will he be getting a raise? Probably not. What he needs to do, if he wants to keep going at the rate he is doing (and at his age that's not a given), is slap a racketeering suit on Media Matters et al. for their tactics.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 09:47:19 pm »
Context.

Just as you've omitted context for my comments, I put the postings here in the context of what I've seen the past few months.

Ignoring context to cast me as another raving orange wonderful supporter?
No agenda there.

Right now agenda.  Other than wishing we had some real choices at this point.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 10:26:00 pm »

No agenda there...

http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/store/add.php?iid=137924

I'm not good at tracking down pictures so I just provide the link.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2016, 10:45:28 pm »
I have noticed that the type of sponsors he's getting the past few years are not of the same quality as, say, 10 years ago.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 11:36:52 pm »
Old geezers who listen to talk radio are dying off.

I know of at least 3 loyal Rush listeners who have died and the other suffered a stroke and is in a nursing home. One was my dad who died last year. Never missed Rush.

Younger people go to the internet via Facebook or blogs for their info while listening to their favorite music in their headphones..

It's as simple as that.

Mirraflake, I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.

I listened off and on to Rush, but hardly ever for a full show.  Then when he began taking calls from anti-Trump people and dismissing their concerns, I was done.  My husband, who listened to Rush at work, became sick of the constant Trump talk; he also turned him off.  Husband then turned me on to Dana Loesch, who is on in Rush's time slot.  I love her show.  She's a Constitutional conservative and she is hilariously funny.  Rush is boring and stale in comparison.

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2016, 11:43:14 pm »
"Now Rush Limbaugh in particular and talk radio in general are in the cross hairs. Limbaugh is 65 and has accumulated more wealth than most people can dream of having. Limbaugh has no problems, and will live out his life in a style that would make Kings blush. But that's not the point, is it?"

It shouldn't be.  Money's great, but it sure doesn't insulate people from problems.  Rush is no different---he's had to deal with the pill addiction, the loss of his hearing, etc.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »

I listened off and on to Rush, but hardly ever for a full show.  Then when he began taking calls from anti-Trump people and dismissing their concerns, I was done.  My husband, who listened to Rush at work, became sick of the constant Trump talk; he also turned him off.  Husband then turned me on to Dana Loesch, who is on in Rush's time slot.  I love her show.  She's a Constitutional conservative and she is hilariously funny.  Rush is boring and stale in comparison.
My new listening schedule
Steve Deace
Dana Loesch
Glenn Beck Radio
Mark Levin
and once a week Louder with Crowder

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:22 pm »

In some ways Rush is guiltier than some other talk show hosts (Hannity, etal) because he knows Trump is no conservative. He has said so a number of times on his show. And he has praised Cruz and some others, including Rubio, as being solid conservatives who have a future in the party.
What he has NOT!!! done is analyze and critique Trump and his various positions. Of course Trump's positions depend on what day it is..... (or what hour it is for that matter.) But he, Trump,  has a dismal record on conservative positions and has publicly stated conservative ideology will have to wait until he "cleans up the mess."
So Rush is trying to have it both ways. He says he has never endorsed Trump, but he is going out of his way to avoid criticizing Trump for words and actions he would have eviscerated other candidates for.
When Trump does or says something not in accordance with conservative principles, Rush says "hey, look at what Hillary just said."
Shameful.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:41:50 am by goatprairie »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 04:44:51 pm »
Rush is looking out for himself, not the nation.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »
And then there is this:

Rush Limbaugh: Host Says He Won’t Endorse Donald Trump Because 'What Difference Does It Make Now?'"I don’t live under any delusions here that people are going to make up their minds on these serious things just ’cause I happen to tell people who I’m for," he said Monday, reports The Daily Caller.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »

"He was born a poor man, he died a rich man,  and he never hurt anyone along the way."

- Duke Ellington, upon hearing of the death of Louis Armstrong

That's a great epitaph, Jazzhead!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 06:31:31 pm »
Steve Deace
Dana Loesch
Glenn Beck Radio
Mark Levin

I was llistening to Megan McCain too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 11:24:30 pm »
Steve Deace
Dana Loesch
Glenn Beck Radio
Mark Levin

I keep telling myself to check out Deace's podcasts.  Those are all good choices. 

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 11:27:56 pm »

mushy moderates like John McCain and Mitt Romney

".

You can add Trump to that list
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:30:53 pm by BigHomer »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 11:28:06 pm »
In some ways Rush is guiltier than some other talk show hosts (Hannity, etal) because he knows Trump is no conservative. He has said so a number of times on his show. And he has praised Cruz and some others, including Rubio, as being solid conservatives who have a future in the party.
What he has NOT!!! done is analyze and critique Trump and his various positions. Of course Trump's positions depend on what day it is..... (or what hour it is for that matter.) But he, Trump,  has a dismal record on conservative positions and has publicly stated conservative ideology will have to wait until "cleans up the mess."
So Rush is trying to have it both ways. He says he has never endorsed Trump, but he is going out of his way to avoid criticizing Trump for words and actions he would have eviscerated other candidates for.
When Trump does or says something not in accordance with conservative principles, Rush says "hey, look at what Hillary just said."
Shameful.

It is, truthfully.  I stay in contact by email with a former (zotted) Freeper who is in a position to know some things about Rush.  He told me that Limbaugh, in his own mind, is still the fat kid with no friends.  He wants very much to keep Trump as a golfing buddy.