Author Topic: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?  (Read 8736 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Is Rush Limbaugh in Trouble?
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2016, 05:37:41 am »
It's hilarious to read the Rush-bashing comments from those dopes. Obviously, they never listen to the program. Rush has been an out an out Trump fanboy ever since he clinched the nomination. Even before that he was very careful talking about Trump. No other candidate with such a lack of conservative positions would have gotten the softball treatment Limbaugh has given Trump.
And then on the show today he attacked people who won't vote for Trump because of the Orange One's lack of character/principles.  Rush pooh-poohed all their objections as being childish. Because every candidate says stuff like Trump said during the primaries.
 Except they don't.  I'm 66, and I've never heard a candidate say the things Trump has said about members of his own party.  I think Rush has gone 'round the bend.

Besides what I've already said previously about Rush seeing himself in Trump...the thing that made it clear to me he was all in for Trump was how he totally demolished JEB Bush for saying his goal was to win the nomination without the base.  I mean he took Jebby apart over those comments.

But he's totally given Trump a pass for literally doing what Bush said he wanted to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2016, 11:37:22 am »
It's hilarious to read the Rush-bashing comments from those dopes. Obviously, they never listen to the program. Rush has been an out an out Trump fanboy ever since he clinched the nomination. Even before that he was very careful talking about Trump. No other candidate with such a lack of conservative positions would have gotten the softball treatment Limbaugh has given Trump.
And then on the show today he attacked people who won't vote for Trump because of the Orange One's lack of character/principles.  Rush pooh-poohed all their objections as being childish. Because every candidate says stuff like Trump said during the primaries.
 Except they don't.  I'm 66, and I've never heard a candidate say the things Trump has said about members of his own party.  I think Rush has gone 'round the bend.

I've said the same thing and was flamed in here by people like @Bigun .

People will simply not accept the truth sometimes, unfortunately.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2016, 12:26:45 pm »
I've said the same thing and was flamed in here by people like @Bigun .

People will simply not accept the truth sometimes, unfortunately.

I think it is someone else here who doesn't listen and refuses to see the TRUTH of the matter! which has been posted on this very thread by myself and others!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,208407.msg899910.html#msg899910
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:28:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2016, 12:30:55 pm »
I think it is someone else here who doesn't listen and refuses to see the TRUTH of the matter! which has been posted on this very thread by myself and others!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,208407.msg899910.html#msg899910

The problem here is not what Limbaugh says about Trump...it's what he doesn't say that he should should that causes alarm among Conservatives.

There is a long and well documented list of particulars that show Trump isn't a Conservative and has more in Hillary than with the GOP base and yet Rush glosses over it when he's not ignoring it outright.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:33:54 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2016, 12:34:34 pm »
The problem here is not what Limbaugh says about Trump...it's what he doesn't say that he should should that causes alarm among Conservatives.

There is a long and well documented list of particulars that show Trump isn't a Conservative and has more in Hillary than with the GOP base and yet Rush glosses over it when he's not ignoring it outright.

Have you read what I posted upthread?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2016, 12:38:23 pm »

You're in denial, Bigun. A few throwaway pro-Cruz statements doesn't excuse Limbaugh's fingerprints all over this Trump debacle. He's by far the most visible conservative voice out there. If anyone could have stopped Trump it was Limbaugh. And he choose cowardice over principle.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2016, 12:38:43 pm »

Yup...even went back and re-read the link you provided.

I stand by what I've said.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:38 pm »
Yup...even went back and re-read the link you provided.

I stand by what I've said.

So where is the argument?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2016, 12:44:25 pm »
You're in denial, Bigun. A few throwaway pro-Cruz statements doesn't excuse Limbaugh's fingerprints all over this Trump debacle. He's by far the most visible conservative voice out there. If anyone could have stopped Trump it was Limbaugh. And he choose cowardice over principle.

I am no such thing and have said so repeatedly!  But I don't deny the whole truth either!  Rush made VERY CLEAR statements on several occasions that went something like this "For Conservatives there is NO OTHER  CHOICE but Ted Cruz in this!"

Do you deny that he did that?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2016, 12:48:10 pm »
So where is the argument?

The disconnect is that you don't believe that Rush in in the tank for Trump.

Like I said...it's not what Rush said about Trump or Cruz that people should worry about.

It's what he remained silent on or spun in favor of Trump that should worry everyone. 

He never endorsed Cruz...never defended him from the attacks by Trump.  Hell rush even used the whole "Lyin Ted" crap when talking about Trump and Cruz.  Someone onthe proper side of objectivity wouldn't do that except to criticize the use of the slur.

Rush never did that.  To the best of my knowledge he never advised "Mr. Trump" as he reverently refers to him...that the sneer and smear campaign he was running was going to seriously alienate a majority of the GOP base.

He always explained away what Trump was doing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2016, 12:51:22 pm »
I am no such thing and have said so repeatedly!  But I don't deny the whole truth either!  Rush made VERY CLEAR statements on several occasions that went something like this "For Conservatives there is NO OTHER  CHOICE but Ted Cruz in this!"

Do you deny that he did that?

He said it definitively once...then would mention it quickly in passing when dealing with callers critical of Trump.

He has picked apart RINO's like Kasich...Bush...McCain...etc.  In fact I would say that Rush is the reason JEB Bush's campaign imploded as early as it did.  He was constantly bringing up how the Bush's and the Clinton's had cozied up.  He's connections with Hillary.

But has NEVER cast a critical eye on Trump.  Never.  And there are piles of evidence out there that Rush should have jumped on in regards to Orange Wonderful...that he hasn't and he won't.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »
The disconnect is that you don't believe that Rush in in the tank for Trump.

Like I said...it's not what Rush said about Trump or Cruz that people should worry about.

It's what he remained silent on or spun in favor of Trump that should worry everyone. 

He never endorsed Cruz...never defended him from the attacks by Trump.  Hell rush even used the whole "Lyin Ted" crap when talking about Trump and Cruz.  Someone onthe proper side of objectivity wouldn't do that except to criticize the use of the slur.

Rush never did that.  To the best of my knowledge he never advised "Mr. Trump" as he reverently refers to him...that the sneer and smear campaign he was running was going to seriously alienate a majority of the GOP base.

He always explained away what Trump was doing.

Well I guess one of us doesn't recognize an endorsement when we hear one but for me "For Conservatives there is no other choice but Ted Cruz" is pretty damned clear!  And he said that loudly and clearly on more than one occasion.

Should he have taken Trump down? Yes he should have! And since Ted dropped out he has been all Trump all the time. I can no longer listen to him but the truth is the truth!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2016, 01:28:00 pm »
Well I guess one of us doesn't recognize an endorsement when we hear one but for me "For Conservatives there is no other choice but Ted Cruz" is pretty damned clear!  And he said that loudly and clearly on more than one occasion.

The entire world would recognize an endorsement from Rush...because it would be the first time in a primary he'd EVER done that.

It didn't happen.

Should he have taken Trump down? Yes he should have! And since Ted dropped out he has been all Trump all the time. I can no longer listen to him but the truth is the truth!

It was Trump all the time before.  And if Rush was truly behind Cruz...he could have done more to help him...instead he chose to help his golfing buddy.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2016, 01:30:42 pm »
The entire world would recognize an endorsement from Rush...because it would be the first time in a primary he'd EVER done that.

It didn't happen.

It was Trump all the time before.  And if Rush was truly behind Cruz...he could have done more to help him...instead he chose to help his golfing buddy.

I agree with you, tx.  If he really backed Cruz, it would have been clear.  All I heard, when I had a chance to listen more than a few minutes, was Trump, Trump, Trump.

That's why I'm no longer a Rush listener................ after more than 20 years.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2016, 02:28:51 pm »
I agree with you, tx.  If he really backed Cruz, it would have been clear.  All I heard, when I had a chance to listen more than a few minutes, was Trump, Trump, Trump.

That's why I'm no longer a Rush listener................ after more than 20 years.

I'm not defending Rush! I'm in the same boat you are but I DO know what I heard him say several times!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2016, 02:37:20 pm »
He said it definitively once...then would mention it quickly in passing when dealing with callers critical of Trump.

He has picked apart RINO's like Kasich...Bush...McCain...etc.  In fact I would say that Rush is the reason JEB Bush's campaign imploded as early as it did.  He was constantly bringing up how the Bush's and the Clinton's had cozied up.  He's connections with Hillary.

But has NEVER cast a critical eye on Trump.  Never.  And there are piles of evidence out there that Rush should have jumped on in regards to Orange Wonderful...that he hasn't and he won't.

I still listen occasionally to Rush on my lunch break. The day before Cruz suspended his campaign, Cruz had gone out to try and engage some Trump supporters, in person. All the Trump supporters did was shout "Lyin' Ted" at Cruz while Cruz tried to talk to them. Rush was railing against the Trump supporters, saying how it angered him, this kind of non-thinking stupidity, which I agreed with. It was the most anti-Trump I ever heard Rush. But I had been a daily Rush listener up until December or so, when I because disgusted with how much Rush defended Trump. He did make some throwaway pro-Cruz statements, but all I heard was him talking about how great it was that the media couldn't hurt Trump, how Trump loved liberty because Trump was a billionaire and had a reality TV show, etc. etc. When Trump said McCain wasn't a war hero because McCain was captured, I was certain that Trump was through, but I turned on Rush and all he could do was rave about how the media cannot hurt Trump.

If Trump implodes conservatism I will blame Rush more than anyone else. I don't care how angry it makes his supporters here.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »
I'm not defending Rush! I'm in the same boat you are but I DO know what I heard him say several times!

I understand, Bigun.  I heard him say that about Cruz once or twice also.  But I never once heard him take to task how liberal Trump always has been and still is.  And the percentage of time he was praising him, or just talking about him was overwhelming.

He has always talked about Conservatism as though it's a guiding principle for him........ as it is for the rest of us.

Trump proved that it's not.  So I am no longer a listener.

Conservatism was his strong suit, and now it's gone
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »
iHeart just won a big lawsuit that was tying up their cash flow. This may bode well for Rush.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,209612.0.html

geronl

« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2016, 04:48:24 pm »

and then Limbaugh spends the rest of the show defending Trump flip-flops