Author Topic: Atheist's Lawsuit Against ‘Tallest Cross in America’ Heads to Texas Court  (Read 322 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The planned religious monument dubbed the “Tallest Cross in America” is heading to a Corpus Christi, Texas, court on Tuesday. San Antonio atheist Patrick Greene filed a lawsuit against the Abundant Life Fellowship to stop its planned construction of a 230-foot cross.

First Liberty Institute filed a motion to dismiss Greene’s lawsuit. Judge David Stith of the 319th District Court will hear arguments, according to information obtained from First Liberty Institute by Breitbart Texas.

“Mr. Greene has a track record of using baseless lawsuits to harass people over any expression of faith he doesn’t like,” First Liberty Institute’s Senior Counsel Jeremy Dys said in a written statement.” Since Mr. Greene is using the legal system to attack people of faith, we feel the appropriate response is to ask the Court to use the law to stop him.”

Pastor Rick Milby of the Abundant Life Fellowship had a dream to build the “Tallest Cross in America.” He got the idea after seeing the stunning 170-foot white cross on the campus of Sagemont Church located in southeast Houston. Construction of Sagemont’s cross was completed in February 2009 according to the church’s website.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/05/23/atheists-lawsuit-against-tallest-cross-in-america-heads-to-texas-court/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Just_Victor

Milby became determined to build an even taller cross on church property along Interstate 37 near Corpus Christi.

“I don’t think it should be within eyesight because it jeopardizes people’s safety on the road,” he said.

Lame excuse for stopping a private construction effort.  "Case closed.  Clear the court you loons!"
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline ScottinVA

“Mr. Greene has a track record of using baseless lawsuits to harass people over any expression of faith he doesn’t like,” First Liberty Institute’s Senior Counsel Jeremy Dys said in a written statement.   

I knew it would eventually come to this.  If crosses on private property are now subject to lawsuit, nothing is safe.  This is a hill worth dying on... it must be fought by all means necessary.