Author Topic: TOLD YOU SO: The Trump Betrayal Train Continues at Breakneck Pace  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: TOLD YOU SO: The Trump Betrayal Train Continues at Breakneck Pace
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2016, 01:15:47 am »
I'm not disputing what Trump said he would do in the general election. I'm saying his charge, and one his sycophants delighted in repeating ad nauseum, that his primary opponents were corrupted because they took donations while he remained pure as the wind driven snow turns out to be DISHONEST.

Now he and his sycophants say taking donations isn't such a bad thing after all. There's a name for that kind of behavior.
Its not donations when its more like a Ticket Price to ride the Trump Train. He is running the show, not them. The issue is who commands whom.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2016, 01:23:31 am »
There's already the Chamizal Memorial (?) Park at El Paso/Juarez about where the Rio Grande shifts; that park was created under LBJ.

So, it doesn't sound like an insurmountable problem to deal with that situation.

Cementing two sides of a river for 1250 miles is as unlikely as a wall, but it does address the avulsion and accretion issues. The environmental issues would likely tie up any such project in court for decades. It's faster, easier, less expensive, and more effective to go with strategic fencing, vastly increased numbers of boots on the ground, and advanced technology.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline skeeter

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
Its not donations when its more like a Ticket Price to ride the Trump Train. He is running the show, not them. The issue is who commands whom.

Nah, that money comes with a price.

You all told us it did.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2016, 01:29:40 am »
Nah, that money comes with a price.

You all told us it did.

Many times over we were told that.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2016, 01:38:28 am »

So people pay money to Trump in order to be commanded by him?  Why do they do that?  In what sense does Trump command his donors?
James 1:20

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2016, 01:43:39 am »
@RoosGirl

The terrain in South Texas ranges from desert to rugged mountains to plains to coastal plains. It's vast and nearly three quarters of the entire length of the U.S. - Mexico border.

There are also property rights to consider. Currently, portions of the fence run through the middle of some towns and also fence U.S./Texas citizens out of their own country and state. Some argue that a wall is a good reason to use eminent domain. And in some areas, I'd agree with that but not for 1254 miles when there are better solutions.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:26 am »
So people pay money to Trump in order to be commanded by him?  Why do they do that?  In what sense does Trump command his donors?
Because the alternative is to not have any skin in the game. They want to be able to stay inside and not be blocked out if Trump is the President.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2016, 02:03:25 am »
Because the alternative is to not have any skin in the game. They want to be able to stay inside and not be blocked out if Trump is the President.

And why do they want to be "inside", with skin in the game?  What would they be blocked out of?

I must have missed the part where you explained how Trump commands his donors.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:22 am »
@RoosGirl

The terrain in South Texas ranges from desert to rugged mountains to plains to coastal plains. It's vast and nearly three quarters of the entire length of the U.S. - Mexico border.

There are also property rights to consider. Currently, portions of the fence run through the middle of some towns and also fence U.S./Texas citizens out of their own country and state. Some argue that a wall is a good reason to use eminent domain. And in some areas, I'd agree with that but not for 1254 miles when there are better solutions.

Not with Trump!  The government can just take what it wants for any reason whatever according to him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2016, 02:09:06 am »
And why do they want to be "inside", with skin in the game?  What would they be blocked out of?

I must have missed the part where you explained how Trump commands his donors.
The Rulers are used to having puppets who will do what they say and give them crony perks. They know Trump punishes people who cross him. So to stay in the loop and not be shut out of the President's office they are buying a seat on the train hoping for the scraps which would be better then nothing. In 8 years of being on the outside they could be bankrupt...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2016, 02:18:45 am »
The Rulers are used to having puppets who will do what they say and give them crony perks. They know Trump punishes people who cross him. So to stay in the loop and not be shut out of the President's office they are buying a seat on the train hoping for the scraps which would be better then nothing. In 8 years of being on the outside they could be bankrupt...

Mech, old buddy, old pal. We scrape, we argue. We fight, but please re-read this statement.
You are saying that donors are buying tickets to the Trump train, hoping to get "scraps" to keep them from going "bankrupt ".
Should any POTUS have, or wield such power?
You are starting to make me nervous.
Remember the saying, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Be careful what you wish for.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2016, 02:20:28 am »

Wait, what?  Why would they need access to the president's office?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2016, 02:34:13 am »

Mech, old buddy, old pal. We scrape, we argue. We fight, but please re-read this statement.
You are saying that donors are buying tickets to the Trump train, hoping to get "scraps" to keep them from going "bankrupt ".
Should any POTUS have, or wield such power?
You are starting to make me nervous.
Remember the saying, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Be careful what you wish for.
Should they? hell no. But our system is so corrupt it makes some third world countries look like amateurs. The Donors are used to playing that game now for decades. I have no doubt the larger ones will be able to get access and try to bend his ear. Whether or not he chooses to listen is his choice to make tho, not theirs - he holds the Trump cards here. However, the ones who did not buy a ticket to ride do not even get that.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2016, 02:54:37 am »
Should they? hell no. But our system is so corrupt it makes some third world countries look like amateurs. The Donors are used to playing that game now for decades. I have no doubt the larger ones will be able to get access and try to bend his ear. Whether or not he chooses to listen is his choice to make tho, not theirs - he holds the Trump cards here. However, the ones who did not buy a ticket to ride do not even get that.

I disagree one just one point:
Those that donate and those that do not should have an equal voice.
If a million dollar donation can't gain access, than a zero dollar donation cannot, either.
I would reverse this, a bit.
A non-donor and a high stakes donor should have equal access.
I know, it is a fantasyland dream, but, one can still dream, right?

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2016, 03:51:18 am »

So the donors give Trump money, and he uses his power to benefit them?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2016, 03:57:00 am »
So the donors give Trump money, and he uses his power to benefit them?

I have to say,The phrase "Trump punishes people who cross him" freaked me out.

Define "cross"?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:20 am »
Quote from: Mechanicos on May 25, 2016, 10:09:06 PM

Isn't that the definition of crony corruption?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2016, 11:54:05 am »
Red State is paid to rot your brain with Trump opposition Propaganda.

Well, that was a substantive rebuttal of the material presented! Well done!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2016, 11:58:23 am »
Crony Capitalism involves the Donor/Lobbyist  class, creating and installing Government officials they control who then help them gain wealth and power who lives or dies in political office at their whim. So its in the Paradigm of it as far as the players are the still the donor/lobbyist class and government but with a major difference. The one calling the shots is not the Donor/Lobbyist class. They did not create and install Trump. His power to do things is not dependent on them. Its a reversal of the current system - RE who is calling the shots.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:35 pm »

That is, pay for play.   That's the hallmark of a corrupt politician.   But his pathetic shills still defend it.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2016, 12:02:09 pm »

I'd say it's the definition of a mobster running a protection racket.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2016, 12:06:56 pm »

It's also what a Despot does.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2016, 12:12:23 pm »
Now that liberal/#neverTrump has their necks fully extended in their righteous indignation its time to remind them that Trump is Fund raising for the ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY as per his deal with the RNC. So all your phoney hypocritical outage is also against the entire slate of Republican's running for election this year. Where is your righteous 11th Commandment now?

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:16 pm »
The one calling the shots is not the Donor/Lobbyist class. They did not create and install Trump. His power to do things is not dependent on them. Its a reversal of the current system - RE who is calling the shots.

Since Trump's power is not dependent on donors, why does he accept their money?

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2016, 12:24:07 pm »
Now that liberal/#neverTrump has their necks fully extended in their righteous indignation its time to remind them that Trump is Fund raising for the ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY as per his deal with the RNC.

If he doesn't take a penny for himself I'll modify my opinion that he's a stinking, lying hypocrite.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!