Author Topic: Here's what people your age earn in the US: Median Income of Americans by Age  (Read 873 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-what-people-your-age-earn-in-the-us-2016-5

by: Jessica Mai

A study from credit repair company CreditRepair.com looked at the median income of Americans over the past 60 years.

Findings revealed that the highest median income is held by 35- to 44-year-olds, followed by 45- to 54-year-olds.

However, the study also found that age isn't the only thing that affects how much you earn in the US. Turns out race and gender play a role, as well.

The data shows that the greatest disparity between median income is amongst the different race groups.

In three out of the five age groups, Asians outperform all other races through the age of 54.

Meanwhile on the gender front, men still made more than women in every age group.

See more of CreditRepair.com'sdings in the infographics below:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
ouch.

I'm in a pretty low cost of living area, and looking at the prices of the homes that are going in, I can only suspect that there must be a lot more debt accumulated at these income brackets than I even suspect.

Offline WAC

:yawn1: THE DIFFERENCE $15.00 HOURLY MAKES....

Oceander

Do these numbers take into account geographic differences in the cost of living.  In Manhattan $100k is more or less middle class; in West Virginia it would probably make you wealthy.