Author Topic: NYU Student’s 9/11 Video From Her Dorm Room Is Just Now Going Viral...Almost 15 Years Later  (Read 1555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Still rips me up to watch that.   8888crybaby
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If video like this...and all of the footage of what happened on 9/11 was still allowed to be shown on TV...there wouldn't be all of this discussion about letting Muslim's free flow into the U.S.

And anyone trying to distance Islam from terrorism wold be run out of town on a rail.

Because if video like this was still allowed to be shown...people would know the truth about who attacked us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
If video like this...and all of the footage of what happened on 9/11 was still allowed to be shown on TV...there wouldn't be all of this discussion about letting Muslim's free flow into the U.S.

And anyone trying to distance Islam from terrorism wold be run out of town on a rail.

Because if video like this was still allowed to be shown...people would know the truth about who attacked us.

Especially needs to be shown to young people that don't have that memory seared into their psyche. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline LadyLiberty

Chilling.  Makes me angry.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Libertarian candidate Harry Browne blamed America for 9/11/2001.

Hillary Clinton blamed a video made by an arab-Christian living in California, for the deaths of Americans at Benghazi, Libya.

Donald Trump says we need to be more careful, admitting muslims into the US, and that we need stronger security on our border.

The Obama-Clinton administration wants to keep a 28 page document sealed, that discusses Saudi Arabia involvement with 9/11/2001. Trump says make it public.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Explorer89

• FR Class of '98
When the second plane hit and she screamed, I had chills rip up my legs.  (Not the Chris Matthews kind). I could feel her terror.   It has now been so long since that happened that the baby I was 6 months pregnant with is now 5'10".

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

To this day I am not pleased, that GW Bush diverted attention away from completing the job in Afghanistan.

I believe our problems with islam, might have been over, had we unleashed destruction there like the world has never seen.

We have had no problems with Japan (or Germany) since the end of WWII.

Part of me wonders about our national security position. Are we willing to ever defeat another major enemy so decisively, or do we wilt under the "guilt" of the (necessary) loss of civilians' lives?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Especially needs to be shown to young people that don't have that memory seared into their psyche.

On the 10th anniv of 9/11 I sat my son down and searched youtube for every video I could find of what happened.

This kid doesn't normally sit still for 5 minutes and he say there with me for 30 minutes and watched as I explained what happened.

My kids won't ever forget.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:27:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I’m sorry but I smell something very fishy and fake about this video.

For one thing the people talking in the background are way too audible for the technology in 2001 and as is the sound of the TV reporter that fades in and out a bit too conveniently and the whole editing and the background music, it all doesn’t seem quite right to me.

For one thing the various angles don’t match up for someone videoing from a single vantage point along with the zooming in and out and the shakiness.  The videos of the World Trade Center towers are very real but IMO were not taken by the person claiming to have taken them, it was edited in along with what I think is the fake video of them supposedly fleeing their building.

But the real big tip off to me thinking this is fake is that after the second plane hit which is not shown, whoever was holding the video camera keeps running it while it clearly records things like her pulling clothes out of her dresser to pack (seriously – if you think the building you are in is about to be attacked by another plane, by terrorists, would the very first thing you would do is pack some underwear and also video yourself doing this?)  and then the people waiting for and on elevator, the zooming in and out on their faces, hitting the elevator button.

Seriously. If she was in fear of her life, feeling like she and her friends were in imminent danger and needed to get out of their building, why would she keep videoing?

Or as one commenter on the YouTube video said:

Something does feel a bit off about the video, though maybe it was edited in retrospect. I honestly don't know why they could keep filming when it was time to get the hell out. I think someone woulda said 'wtf are you doing, turn off the camera! let's go!;, and even the people in the elevator don't seem all that shocked or scared and are staring right at the camera instead of asking why she's filming at a time like this.

Plus a friend of mine pointed this out... were there camcorders small enough that this girl can carry around one-handed with no problem back in 2001?

Have any of you ever seen the movie Cloverfeild or The Blair Witch Project?
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline montanajoe

I believe our problems with islam, might have been over, had we unleashed destruction there like the world has never seen.

Part of me wonders about our national security position. Are we willing to ever defeat another major enemy so decisively, or do we wilt under the "guilt" of the (necessary) loss of civilians' lives?

:thumbsup2: Yep

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
To this day I am not pleased, that GW Bush diverted attention away from completing the job in Afghanistan.

Islam has done one hell of a public relations job in the West with the assistance of liberal allies and quislings.

The ROE's that our troops faced in Afcrapistan, Iraq and other Islamic crapholes are proof enough of the politically correct cowardice forced on our fighting men and women. 

It demonstrates to me that our political animals in DC aren't in it to win it...willing to sacrifice much American blood and treasure to put on a good show.  To give the appearances that we're "doing something" vs. unleashing the full force and fury of our military. 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline WAC

I’m sorry but I smell something very fishy and fake about this video..

Seriously. If she was in fear of her life, feeling like she and her friends were in imminent danger and needed to get out of their building, why would she keep videoing?

Kids are wired today on videoing 'everything' so that wouldn't be an issue as some might like it to be. ....it's "natural" for them to keep rolling regardless of the environment they're in.

Additionally...I've viewed hours upon hours of 9/11 video.....this one certainly is authentic. There are several Videos which have come out over the years long after this event. In this video the concern might have been identifying their own location. ..and put others in harms way. I certainly would be cautious about a video such as this going out to the public. But I'd make certain the authorities knew of it. So it's understandable why some people wait to share what they have...some never will.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I am not sure which is more chilling.  The video, or the knowledge that every one of those kids is now supporting Bernie Sanders for POTUS.

Offline ArneFufkin

"Completing the job in Afghanistan" would have required an invasion of Pakistan -  a putative "ally" in the region.   

Afghanistan was fairly well stabilized once the USMC set up shop in Helmand.    The rats just scurried over the mountainous border into Pakistan and the Pakis were duplicitous in their agenda vis a vis the Taliban.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87

Not to be called a 911 Truther as Trump, I have always wondered why we had ground-to-air missiles on the top of the school in Florida while Bush was visiting as Time published shortly after September 11. 

To my knowledge, prior to 911, placing ground-to-air missiles on buildings with the President visiting was not common?  I believe they knew something was coming, just did not know time, location, or method...

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

I have always wondered why we had ground-to-air missiles on the top of the school in Florida while Bush was visiting as Time published shortly after September 11.

@ExFreeper

I've never heard this.  Do you have a link?

Offline Suppressed

Kids are wired today on videoing 'everything' so that wouldn't be an issue as some might like it to be. ....it's "natural" for them to keep rolling regardless of the environment they're in.

This wasn't "today".  This was 15 years ago.

Additionally...I've viewed hours upon hours of 9/11 video.....this one certainly is authentic. There are several Videos which have come out over the years long after this event. In this video the concern might have been identifying their own location. ..and put others in harms way. I certainly would be cautious about a video such as this going out to the public. But I'd make certain the authorities knew of it. So it's understandable why some people wait to share what they have...some never will.

Please explain what you mean about people not wanting to identify their location.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
@ExFreeper
I've never heard this.  Do you have a link?

The below link does not mention the missiles at the school however it does say missiles were at his hotel/resort.  I'm 100% certain that I read the missiles were also at the school:

On the night of September 10th, Bush stayed at the Colony Beach Resort—“an upscale and relatively pristine tropical island enclave located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, a spindly coral island… off Sarasota, Florida.” [AP, 07/29/01] Zainlabdeen Omer, a Sudanese native living in Sarasota, told the local police that night that someone he knew who had made violent threats against Bush was in town and Omer was worried about Bush’s safety. The man was identified only as “Ghandi.” A police report states the Secret Service was informed immediately. [Hopsicker, 7/22/02]

After a private dinner with various Florida politicians (including his brother Jeb) and Republican donors, Bush went to bed around 10:00 p.m. [Sarasota Magazine, 11/01, Washington Post, 1/27/02] Surface-to-air missiles were placed on the roof of the resort [Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 9/10/02], and an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) plane circled high overhead. [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism—From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, p. 25] It’s not clear if this type of protection was standard for the president or whether security was increased because of possible threats.

An Assassination Attempt?

Bush awoke a little before 6:00 a.m. on September 11, pulled on shorts and an old T-shirt and laced up his running shoes. [CBS, 11/1/02] At 6:30 a.m., Bush, a reporter friend, and his Secret Service crew took a four-mile jog in the half-light of dawn around a nearby golf course. [Washington Post, 1/27/02, Washington Post, 09/11/01]

At about the same time Bush was getting ready for his jog, a van carrying several Middle Eastern men pulled up to the Colony’s guard station. The men said they were a television news crew with a scheduled “poolside” interview with the president. They asked for a certain Secret Service agent by name. The message was relayed to a Secret Service agent inside the resort, who hadn’t heard of the agent mentioned or of plans for an interview. He told the men to contact the president’s public relations office in Washington, DC, and had the van turned away. [Longboat Observer, 9/26/01]

The Secret Service may have foiled an assassination attempt. Two days earlier, Ahmed Shah Massoud, leader of Afghanistan’s Northern Alliance, had been murdered by a similar ruse. Two North African men, posing as journalists from “Arabic News International,” had been requesting an interview with Massoud since late August. Ahmad Jamsheed, Massoud’s secretary, said that by the night of September 8, “they were so worried and excitable, they were begging us.” An interview was arranged for the following day. As it began, a bomb hidden in the video camera exploded, killing the two journalists. Massoud was rushed by helicopter to a hospital in Tajikistan, but was pronounced dead on arrival (although his death was not acknowledged until September 15). [International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism, 10/30/01, Newsday, 10/26/01] The assassination is widely believed to have been timed to remove the Taliban’s most popular and respected opponent in anticipation of the backlash that would occur after the 9/11 attacks. [BBC, 9/10/01, BBC, 9/10/01 (B), Time, 8/4/02, St. Petersburg Times, 9/9/02] The Northern Alliance blamed al-Qaeda and the ISI, Pakistan’s secret service, for the attacks. [Radio Free Europe, 9/10/01, Newsday, 9/15/01, Reuters, 10/4/01]

Nearly three hours after the incident at the Colony, another Longboat Key resident reported a run-in with possibly the same men. At about 8:50 (when reports of the first World Trade Center crash were first broadcast), while standing on the Sarasota bay front waiting for the presidential motorcade to pass by, this man saw two Middle Eastern men in a dilapidated van “screaming out the windows ‘Down with Bush’ and raising their fists in the air.” The FBI questioned the man, but it’s not known if this was the same van that had visited the Colony. [Longboat Observer, 9/26/01]

http://www.historycommons.org/essay.jsp?article=essayaninterestingday
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:32:49 pm by ExFreeper »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Wingnut

Not to be called a 911 Truther as Trump, I have always wondered why we had ground-to-air missiles on the top of the school in Florida while Bush was visiting as Time published shortly after September 11. 

To my knowledge, prior to 911, placing ground-to-air missiles on buildings with the President visiting was not common?  I believe they knew something was coming, just did not know time, location, or method...

FYI.  The "Truthers" claim On September 10th when Bush stayed at the Colony Beach Resort  they say Surface to air missles were installed on the resort roof.....   Not the Grade school's roof.

Either way... I ain't no MD tech but you don't just carry those systems up the stairwell and plunk them down on the roof.   Damn truthers are batshit crazy.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:16:09 pm by Wingnut »

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Either way... I ain't no MD tech but you don't just carry those systems up the stairwell and plunk them down on the roof.   Damn truthers are batshit crazy.
@Wingnut

I'm not a Truther however I do believe we knew more than publicly stated due to security reasons.  Don't know what SAMs were available in 2001......... I "personally" never had to carry any up stairs to the roof.   If remotely possible, then I would guess any "missiles" may have been earlier light weight SAM version or even Manpads, Stingers, or maybe a JASDF Type 91 for example.  What would an old Air Force guy know anyway?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_91_Surface-to-air_missile

Offline raml

I taped a show that had this video except the voices were much lower and not as much was said. I taped in many years ago and still have it and many other shows I taped showing the tragedy of 9/11 on my tivo. I watch them every once in awhile to remind me of this and what Islam did to us. This is not a new video and I don't know why anyone says it is I have every show that had footage of the attack taped and this video minus all the loud talking but did have the screams when the second attack happened then they taped their leaving frantically. Like I said this is not new.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:58:00 pm by raml »