Author Topic: Surgeon General’s Warning: E-Cigarettes Make Leftists Crazy  (Read 626 times)

Offline markomalley

From the American Thinker:

In April 2016, the British Royal College of Physicians published a study vindicating the public health value of e-cigarettes as a safer alternative to smoked tobacco. Demonstrating that e-cigarettes function as an effective aid to quitting smoking and are used “almost exclusively by confirmed smokers,” the report recommends that they should be promoted as a healthier substitute to tobacco-containing cigarettes.

On this side of the pond, however, where the politicization of science continues under the patronage of the Obama administration, leftists are willfully misrepresenting the use of e-cigarettes or vaping (so termed because the user inhales water vapor) as a gateway to tobacco smoking.

In recent years, Democrats in Congress have been waging an aggressive regulatory assault on the sale of e-cigarettes. In this mission, they have found an ally in Big Pharma that favors stringent regulations on vaping because its Nicotine Replacement Therapy products (gums and patches) are struggling to compete against e-cigarettes in the market. At the state level too, legislators are following the example of Washington D.C. For example, the Democrat-controlled state legislature in the kooky leftist enclave of Vermont genuflected and passed a 92% tax on e-cigarettes this year. It is worth noting that the 2016 session almost resulted in Vermont becoming the first state to legalize marijuana through legislative action. Ironic, much? Not if you consider the real motive behind the leftist opposition to vaping.

I guess this goes back to the old maxim, Follow The Money.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Surgeon General’s Warning: E-Cigarettes Make Leftists Crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:40:14 am »
"To  the man with a hammer, every problem is a nail."

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Surgeon General’s Warning: E-Cigarettes Make Leftists Crazy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:59:49 am »
Bump for later.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.