Author Topic: The conservative crackup: How progressives can exploit the GOP’s implosion and attain an “earthquake election”  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Fantom

Agree but he also had Sarah Palin join him which surprised me.  I no longer believe a word the woman says.

I knew Sarah was a populist... not that that is a necessarily a bad thing, when she first came out. I gave several hundreds to her.The first few years. When Palin backed McLaim for re-election .... she lost me.

And her jumping on the Scam Wow train is ..well populist no?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:45:13 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

They are not conservatives.. those who have embraced trump.  First they are they racists in the south.. and north. But the south who gave Scam Wow the vote. I say racist.. they are the whites voting like any other race.

But trump is NOT a Conservative.. certainly not a Tea voter. A Limited government  type.

At best, trump is a fascist El Douche type.. maybe make that trains run on time.

:bsflag: 8bs8
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline BuckeyeTexan

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

A-Lert

Agree but he also had Sarah Palin join him which surprised me.  I no longer believe a word the woman says.

Totally irrational. You're going to have to denigrate 10s of millions of people just because they don't agree with you. The size of your ego far exceeds that of Trump.

A-Lert

I knew Sarah was a populist... not that that is a necessarily a bad thing, when she first came out. I gave several hundreds to her.The first few years. When Palin backed McLaim for re-election .... she lost me.

And her jumping on the Scam Wow train is ..well populist no?

She was wonderful when she supported Cruz!  :laughingdog: Now when she supports the Republican nominee she's not. I worry about neverTrumps mental health.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

She was wonderful when she supported Cruz!  :laughingdog: Now when she supports the Republican nominee she's not. I worry about neverTrumps mental health.

She stopped being wonderful when she stepped off the stage after her 2008 speech at the RNC.

A-Lert

She stopped being wonderful when she stepped off the stage after her 2008 speech at the RNC.

I didn't see any neverTrumps denouncing and denigrating her when she supported Cruz.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

I didn't see any neverTrumps denouncing and denigrating her when she supported Cruz.

Anyone who denigrated Palin was mauled. So, not surprising.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Palin changed.  Cruz didn't.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline roamer_1

They are not conservatives.. those who have embraced trump. 

True, by the numbers. A Conservative is governed by principles. If a principle can be sacrificed, it is, by definition, not a principle - Hence those who would sacrifice principles for pragmatism are not conservative.

But trump is NOT a Conservative.. certainly not a Tea voter. A Limited government  type.

Certainly not a Conservative of any sort - I defy anyone to disabuse us of the notion by showing his adherence to the principles of any Conservative faction, not to mention holding them all... And even if such were possible, his character is of such low mettle that trusting him to follow through is plainly impossible.

TYPICAL_NY_RINO.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:19:57 am by roamer_1 »

A-Lert

Palin changed.  Cruz didn't.

No, Palin didn't change. She supported Cruz until it was obvious he was not going to be the Republican nominee. Smart people won't ride a dead horse.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

No, Palin didn't change. She supported Cruz until it was obvious he was not going to be the Republican nominee. Smart people won't ride a dead horse.

Smart people also don't resort to, "She's wearing a Tracksuit! She's running!!"

Just sayin'.

A-Lert

Smart people also don't resort to, "She's wearing a Tracksuit! She's running!!"

Just sayin'.

I have no idea what you are referring to. Appears to be something you brought over from FR. I don't know why you bring that crap over here.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

I have no idea what you are referring to. Appears to be something you brought over from FR. I don't know why you bring that crap over here.

Nothing to do with FR. I don't bring "crap" with me. Don't make assumptions. Google Palin Tracksuit or not.