Author Topic: This Would Be Perfect Year for ‘None of the Above’... By John Fund  (Read 674 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/435577/print

This Would Be Perfect Year for ‘None of the Above’
By John Fund — May 19, 2016

Even though both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are viewed negatively by six out of ten voters, many are resigning themselves to that choice.  “It’s not like ‘none of the above’ is a potential option,” GOP Texas governor Greg Abbott said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe this week. 

Nevada senator Dean Heller, also a Republican, disagrees. “I vehemently oppose our nominee and some of the comments and issues he brought up during the campaign,” he told reporters this month. “What I’m committing to is voting against Hillary Clinton.” He pointed out that voters in Nevada actually do have the option of voting for “none of the above.”

Indeed, the Silver State has had a non-binding None of the Above option on its ballot since 1976. In its first year, that entrant “won” a GOP congressional primary. Many Nevada voters would like NOTA expanded so that if it came in first, the election would be declared invalid and a new election would be quickly called in which none of the candidates who lost to NOTA would be eligible to run again.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline uglybiker

More like yet another year where I consider pulling a 'Jeff Foxworthy' and consider putting down Richard Petty as a write-in candidate.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Nevada did away with the write-in vote a few years back, but at least the state was
kind enough to allow us to vote "none of the above." So that's going to be my
vote in November.

A shame, too, since I'd love to write in Groucho Marx---on the grounds that anyone
who could say politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and misapplying the wrong solutions
shows more political wisdom than either of
the disgraces likely to carry the major parties' banners in November.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Stosh

Yee Haw...#NeverChump...#NeverKillary..."none of the above" for the win, thank you Nevada!!!!

Offline GrouchoTex

Nevada did away with the write-in vote a few years back, but at least the state was
kind enough to allow us to vote "none of the above." So that's going to be my
vote in November.

A shame, too, since I'd love to write in Groucho Marx---on the grounds that anyone
who could say politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, m

Groucho Marx was one of my heroes, and "Duck Soup" one of my favorite movies.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Groucho Marx was one of my heroes, and "Duck Soup" one of my favorite movies.

That movie featured a song that could be the platforms of both Donaldus Minimus and
Hilarious Rodent Clinton:

Groucho Marx, "These Are the Laws of My Administration"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GrouchoTex

That movie featured a song that could be the platforms of both Donaldus Minimus and
Hilarious Rodent Clinton:

Groucho Marx, "These Are the Laws of My Administration"

Believe me, I've thought about that scene A LOT during this primary!

Offline skeeter

"GIVE ME A BETTER CHOICE"

^%# yeah.