Author Topic: Donald Trump to Ben Carson: You’re Fired… From My VP Team - Daily Beast  (Read 772 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Donald Trump to Ben Carson: You’re Fired… From My VP Team
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/21/donald-trump-to-ben-carson-you-re-fired-from-my-vp-team.html

Excerpt:

Last week, Armstrong Williams (his business manager and close confidant), told The Daily Beast that Carson left the team of his own volition. Carson had bigger and more important things to do, according to Williams, like preparing Trump for his meeting with Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.

But three sources close to the Trump campaign said Carson didn’t leave on his own. He was pushed.

According to sources close to Trump’s campaign, Carson was demoted after Trump specifically wanted him to head up the VP selection team. He submitted names that he thought would be valuable picks and inevitably lost his top spot days later. Carson allegedly called Trump afterwards and was angry that the situation played out like this.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Perhaps Ben can now go about recovering his reputation.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Insert Raymond Donovan quote here...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

The man was obviously completrely out of his theater of operations.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I can only imagine the chaos and disorganization in the Trump campaign. Wonder if Carson is regretting his support of the lying narcissistic NY liberal.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

He could start by making a trip to Texas to apologize to Cruz for being party to Trump's Iowa charade.

Bill Cipher

Perhaps.

Offline austingirl

He could start by making a trip to Texas to apologize to Cruz for being party to Trump's Iowa charade.

Carson's sour grapes about the Cruz campaign advocating for their candidate in the light of the poor messaging about Carson leaving the campaign trail led him to hitch his wagon to  the odious Trump. He has poor judgment.

Offline austingirl

Carson went with the self promoter Trump because Carson is himself a self promoter.  They were bound to clash, but I think they deserve each other.

I think you are right. They do deserve each other, but the relationship was bound to hurt Carson at some point.

Offline Henry Noel

He can live it down. But that doesn't happen overnight.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

Heading up the VP selection team was about the equivalent of giving him a pack of crayons and telling him to go color.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Wingnut

Carson went with the self promoter Trump because Carson is himself a self promoter.  They were bound to clash, but I think they deserve each other.

No one deserve that a$$hole Trump.  Not Carson. Not the USA.

Just say'n