Author Topic: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement  (Read 14895 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Healing the rift with the NeverTrump movement
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2016, 02:23:57 am »
Not possible to take Trump seriously when he tweets out foolishness like this:

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
The American people are sick and tired of not being able to lead normal lives and to constantly be on the lookout for terror and terrorists!

I know I spend about half my day looking for WMDs in my neighborhood.  How about you?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2016, 02:37:44 am »
Not possible to take Trump seriously when he tweets out foolishness like this:

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
The American people are sick and tired of not being able to lead normal lives and to constantly be on the lookout for terror and terrorists!

I know I spend about half my day looking for WMDs in my neighborhood.  How about you?

Foolishness by Trump yes as he is grossly over exaggerating the reaction of the American public, at least at this time.  If he really wanted to shake up Washington and to honestly convey the seriousness of the situation to the American public, he would relay to them the government's plan to introduce 85,000 Muslim/Syrian refugees in 2016, and 100,000 in 2017 and that they will be eligible for citizenship in five years.   Of course, Donny is just spewing his normal b.s. without any substance and I highly doubt he even knows that this is going on.  He's heard about issues.  He knows what will get the electorate charged up, but as for knowing details, he's a hollow drum.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2016, 02:38:57 am »
Associating real conservatives with the GOP is a mistake.  The GOP abandoned conservatives with the actions of McConnell and Boehner.  Now to cap off their migration the land of the left, they will probably nominate a liberal New Yorker, who, although maybe to the right of the leftists in the DemRat party, is not a conservative by a Manhattan mile. Conservatives will find another avenue to voice their politics, and it will not be the GOP.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2016, 03:03:55 am »
Calling conservatives who don't back Trump "traitors" proves there will be no healing this rift.

1. You can't be a traitor to a person.

2. Definitely not someone as horrible as Trump.

I have never seen a NeverTrump called a traitor on this site. I do see some very active imaginations, and predictions of an unknown future.

If it did occur, it was a rare exception.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2016, 05:14:49 am »
"I don't want to have guns in classrooms, although in some cases teachers should have guns in classrooms, frankly.  Because ...things that are going on in our schools are unbelievable.  I'm not advocating guns in classrooms.  But remember in some cases...trained teachers should be able to have guns in classrooms."---Donaldus Minimus.

You know, I sort of have to give Donaldus Minimus this one, with a codicil:

I'd be all in favour of armed teachers. It'd go a long way toward preventing future Columbines . . . and, while
we're at it, keep more than a few politically correct administrators and school boards in line. (Such administrators
and school boards can submit their requests to be armed in stamped, self-addressed envelopes.)

The codicil: We just have to make the teachers promise that, no matter how tempting it might be, they are not
allowed to shoot students merely for being @$$holes . . . (if every student @$$hole got shot, the schools would
probably be three-quarters empty!) . . .

Advisory: Just because one smart thing came out of his mouth and/or his head (the two are not mutually
joined, of course), it doesn't mean I'm going over the wall otherwise . . . ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:18:47 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2016, 05:20:49 am »
Why not try refuting the argument instead of questioning the source?

You completely misunderstand my position on this, chum. What I was actually saying was that it might be easier for this fellow to post directly from his DNC newsletter rather than going to all this bother with The New Yorker.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

geronl

« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2016, 08:27:18 am »
I have never seen a NeverTrump called a traitor on this site. I do see some very active imaginations, and predictions of an unknown future.

If it did occur, it was a rare exception.

I never claimed it happened on this site

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2016, 12:11:53 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:26 pm »

So NOT voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump in your mind?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:13:55 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kennedy

• No relation to those other Kennedys
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2016, 12:46:02 pm »

If we lose this election to Hillary, there may not be a way to turn things around...especially once she piles 2-4 very liberal justices onto the Supreme Court. All presidential elections are important, but this one is a "sea-change"...who appoints the bulk of the Supreme Court over these next 4 years is going to set the course of this nation for a full generation. That is worth a second look IMHO.

This is the only reason I am considering holding my nose and voting for Trump. With Trump there is at least the possibility that his judicial nominees will not all be far left wing liberals. It may be a false hope but it is better than no hope at all.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2016, 01:05:41 pm »
Trump has erected a Great Wall between himself and the conservatives of and formerly of the GOP.
Trump hasn't even attempted to try apologizing to those he alienated.
Trump doesn't really care if he brings unity to the GOP as he is a DemRat plant.
Trump doesn't even know what the constitution says and will be as bad as Obama in following it.
#NeverTrump

THIS!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »
This is the only reason I am considering holding my nose and voting for Trump. With Trump there is at least the possibility that his judicial nominees will not all be far left wing liberals. It may be a false hope but it is better than no hope at all.

I'm not sure.

My only 'hope' is that neither Trump nor Hillary are elected.  We have no real hope with either of them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2016, 01:17:43 pm »
I'm not sure.

My only 'hope' is that neither Trump nor Hillary are elected.  We have no real hope with either of them.

'morning, ML!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »
'morning, ML!    :patriot:

Just back from a lovely 2 week vacation in the tropics with no politics.

I'm refreshed!  :patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2016, 01:31:09 pm »

:beer:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2016, 01:33:47 pm »
I'm not sure.

Then best bet is voting for another candidate in one of 4 states (Idaho, Utah, Kansas, and Texas).  See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,208224.0.html
Then the Electoral College would have a chance to through this election into the House of Representatives.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2016, 01:37:16 pm »
Looks like great unity to me.  Ha Ha.
Washington Washington state’s GOP convention awarded 40 out of 41 elected delegate slots to Ted Cruz.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,208158.0.html

Wingnut

« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »

House hunting for the Post Election move off shore? LOL :tongue2: :smokin:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2016, 04:11:20 pm »
You know, I sort of have to give Donaldus Minimus this one, with a codicil:

Trump left himself a gigantic "out" with his statement because he kept saying "in some cases".  The last time this subject came up nationally, a bunch of rural districts piped up saying that any police/sheriff response could be at least a half hour away.  In cases like that, if you've got teachers with military experience or who have otherwise completed training, the choice is either they are armed, or that school is completely defenseless for an extended period.

Advisory: Just because one smart thing came out of his mouth and/or his head (the two are not mutually
joined, of course), it doesn't mean I'm going over the wall otherwise . . . ;)

This - a thousand times.  It is entirely possible to disagree with a particular criticism of a candidate, while still opposing that candidate.  And on the flip side, it seems a lot of folks are too eager to endorse anything critical about a candidate they don't like regardless of how fair the criticism actually is.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:14:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2016, 08:22:39 pm »
So NOT voting for Hillary is a vote for Trump in your mind?
Excellent turn around Bigun!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2016, 09:12:01 pm »
House hunting for the Post Election move off shore? LOL :tongue2: :smokin:

Unfortunately, this particular tropical paradise is part of the US.  The house-hunting will begin soon, however.   :smokin:

Wingnut

« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2016, 09:28:01 pm »
Unfortunately, this particular tropical paradise is part of the US.  The house-hunting will begin soon, however.   :smokin:

LOL   :beer: