Author Topic: Levin: That ‘Sleazy, Good for Nothing’ Mitch McConnell Screwed the Suburbs Today  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/levin-that-sleazy-good-for-nothing-mitch-mcconnell-screwed-the-suburbs-today

On Thursday evening’s radio program, Conservative Review Editor-in-Chief Mark Levin explained how Senate Republicans worked together to give political cover to the Democrats today, turning their guns on their own side.

Earlier the Senate voted on Obama’s Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) “war on the suburbs” program, and Sen. Mitch McConnell (F, 42%) maneuvered to kill an amendment by Senator Mike Lee (A, 100%) to defund it. 

“Having a Republican Congress, full of liberals, is worse than having a smaller conference full of conservatives,” Levin said, reading from Conservative Review Senior Editor Daniel Horowitz’s piece detailing exactly what happened today.

AUDIO AT LINK

As Horowitz explained, McConnell permitted one of his liberal lieutenants to propose a toothless amendment that Democrats could vote for without political repercussions.

READ: GOP Leaders Toss Loin Cloth to Democrats on Obama’s War on Suburbs" - https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/gop-leaders-toss-loin-cloth-to-democrats-on-obamas-war-on-suburbs
“Instead of allowing that amendment to go unchallenged, leadership let liberal Republican Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), who had never previously engaged on this issue, to work with Democrats on a bipartisan amendment “solving” the problem.  Except it didn’t solve the problem; it merely prohibited an activity that doesn’t occur.  It was crafted carefully to only prohibit HUD from actually redrawing zoning maps, something they have never done.  They never tell county government exactly where they must redraw their maps, just that if they fail to comply with the data from the AFFH tool, they will lose their funding and be subject to anti-discrimination lawsuits.  However, on paper, the Collins amendment sounds like it is blocking this unpopular regulation – exactly the cover Democrats needed!”

The Senate then voted to kill Senator Lee’s amendment, which would have actually done what Republicans claimed Collins’ amendment would do.

“It is absolutely shocking,” Levin said, “that the Republicans would join on the war against the suburbs with an illegal regulation, issued through the back-door by a rouge agency under an imperial President.”

McConnell endorsed Trump.  Trump gave McConnell $50,000 in 2014. http://www.punditpress.com/2016/01/trump-gave-50k-to-mcconnell-to-defeat.html

but Emperor Trump is going to stop this crap right?

Offline RetBobbyMI

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/levin-that-sleazy-good-for-nothing-mitch-mcconnell-screwed-the-suburbs-today

The Senate then voted to kill Senator Lee’s amendment, which would have actually done what Republicans claimed Collins’ amendment would do.

“It is absolutely shocking,” Levin said, “that the Republicans would join on the war against the suburbs with an illegal regulation, issued through the back-door by a rouge agency under an imperial President.”

McConnell endorsed Trump.  Trump gave McConnell $50,000 in 2014. http://www.punditpress.com/2016/01/trump-gave-50k-to-mcconnell-to-defeat.html

ahhh Right!  GOPe RINOs stick together.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus

Doubtful. It's all part of suggesting and negotiating.   :chairbang:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline MajorClay

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Sure he is!  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Well thats nice Mark, but like ALL your fellow frauds in the so called 'conservative media' you groveled when the chips were down and told us that the dem was worse and we just HAD to elect them no matter what.

I on the other hand have spent the last several years in a contrary and conservative position telling people that evil is cumulative and they would fill the House/Senate with liberals,and that this would achieve the same goal as the Democrats.

And as USUAL, I was correct. Not because I'm on par with the Oracle of Delphi, and I was FAR from the only person taking this position...but because I put logic over ratings. Now shut up Mark, crawl back in your hole,  and suffer in the world that your idiocy helped bring about.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:43:06 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well thats nice Mark, but like ALL your fellow frauds in the so called 'conservative media' you groveled when the chips were down and told us that the dem was worse and we just HAD to elect them no matter what.

He hasn't done that this cycle yet Norm.  Given the past few months, I would like to believe Levin may have finally decided the farce is no longer worth supporting.  He is putting all his eggs and hopes in an Article V convention of States, which - admittedly I do not think is going to be any more effective than elections have been.  A lawless system is never going to acquiesce to new laws that restrain it when they ignore wholesale the current restraints placed upon them in the Constitution.

Now shut up Mark, crawl back in your hole,  and suffer in the world that your idiocy helped bring about.

I do have to rise to his defense here and state that he is the only mass media fella out there who is actually attempting to educate his audience about what Conservatism and the Constitution actually mean.  The rest are just entertainers and propagandists, I do think Levin really believes in the Conservative cause, especially due his refusal to kiss the rings of so many who betrayed Conservatism this past year - including Trump whom he has excoriated aplenty.

Just my opinion.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

He hasn't done that this cycle yet Norm.  Given the past few months, I would like to believe Levin may have finally decided the farce is no longer worth supporting.  He is putting all his eggs and hopes in an Article V convention of States, which - admittedly I do not think is going to be any more effective than elections have been.  A lawless system is never going to acquiesce to new laws that restrain it when they ignore wholesale the current restraints placed upon them in the Constitution.

I do have to rise to his defense here and state that he is the only mass media fella out there who is actually attempting to educate his audience about what Conservatism and the Constitution actually mean.  The rest are just entertainers and propagandists, I do think Levin really believes in the Conservative cause, especially due his refusal to kiss the rings of so many who betrayed Conservatism this past year - including Trump whom he has excoriated aplenty.

Just my opinion.

Invar, you and I are two of the few people that I'm aware of that understand history. Levin, Rush and the rest spout conservatism between every election. I agree with much of what they say because it is 100% correct.

But history shows conclusively they side with whatever POS liberal the GOP runs every time. They bitched and moaned about every one of the usual suspects until it mattered most. Then they 'reluctantly' (choke) threw their principles (choke again) on the fire and burned them to the ground in a naked orgy of capitulation and lesser evil.

As long as they rely on listenership for their ad revenue, they will continue to repeat this pattern. because their listeners are majority composed of people that have exactly no issue burning their own principles to ashes and are fully content to be in the 'blameless flock' who always elect their problems (usually because people like Rush and Levin do their thinking for them) but are right there with Dindu Nuffin, never being responsible for their own actions.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:02:30 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Mechanicos

Just my opinion.

The Senate Conservatives Fund (PAC) purchasing massive quantities ($400,000) of Mark Levin’s books in exchange for favorable candidacy political opinion.  Conveniently Hidden by the radio host who avoids mentioning the financial conflict created.

Then again, Levin never informed his audience of his family working within the Staff of Senator Ted Cruz either.  Does Levin’s endorsement, when contrast against the crony-constitutional advocacy, clarify with a little sunlight?  You decide.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

Then again, Levin never informed his audience of his family working within the Staff of Senator Ted Cruz either.  Does Levin’s endorsement, when contrast against the crony-constitutional advocacy, clarify with a little sunlight?  You decide.

If you were smart, you'd simply ignore levin and let him do the damage to conservatives and the conservative cause that he does every election. Namely side with anything but a conservative on Election day and recommend to his audience they do the same.

Since most are unthinking sheep and prove it by ignoring his 3.9 years of 'conservative' talk' and voting along side him, that means your guy will get all their votes too. He and Rush will deliver the vast majority of their listenership, as always, guaranteed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:50:19 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RetBobbyMI

****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****  ****sheep**** ==> tRump
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Senate Conservatives Fund (PAC) purchasing massive quantities ($400,000) of Mark Levin’s books in exchange for favorable candidacy political opinion.  Conveniently Hidden by the radio host who avoids mentioning the financial conflict created.

Please show where the financial conflict is.  Cause you're the only one that seems to see it.

And why aren't you this upset over Mitch McConnell using money from the Senate re-election PAC he set up...as a slush fund to go out and give money to RINO candidates that will support the establishment?

Nope the eeeevil is anyone who speaks ill of Orange Wonderful.  They must be crushed.

Oh and Trump donated $60K for the favorable political opinion the Senate Majority Leader now holds about Donald Trump.

You're pissed about that too...right?

Please provide a credible link to this bullshit.  We've been over this conspiracy theory crap of yours before.

Oh yeah...that's right...you can't because the obscure blog post that mentioned everything you hinges this steaming pile of BS on was removed by the site where it was posted for credibility issues.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:24:16 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If you were smart, you'd simply ignore levin and let him do the damage to conservatives and the conservative cause that he does every election. Namely side with anything but a conservative on Election day and recommend to his audience they do the same.

What damage exactly is Levin doing?  He sided with Cruz..he's raked RINO Donny over the coals and he calles out the Liberal establishment year after year after year.

So how exactly is he damaging Conservatives?

Since most are unthinking sheep and prove it by ignoring his 3.9 years of 'conservative' talk' and voting along side him, that means your guy will get all their votes too. He and Rush will deliver the vast majority of their listenership, as always, guaranteed.

You must have been tending your flock of  ****sheep**** this election cycle Norm because the only place you'll find more in the tank for Trump in 2016...is the EIB  Network.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What damage exactly is Levin doing?  He sided with Cruz..he's raked RINO Donny over the coals and he calles out the Liberal establishment year after year after year.

So how exactly is he damaging Conservatives?

Right now he's still in his bi-annual 'chest beating conservative' phase. Ask me that question when he drops the facade and again, as history shows he does before every election, gets behind Trump for ...

*the good of the country
^to come together to defeat (insert random Dem threat here)
^because it's time to heal wounds

And then (sing it with me folks) We'll hold Trump's feet to the fire!

Straight up question. If a person spends 102 weeks of every election period preaching conservatism like Jimmy Swaggart and then in the last week of each election year effectively saying "I have SINNED!" and calling on his listeners to vote with him for whatever piece of garbage the GOP fronts, is it more likely that such a person is a conservative or is it more likely, based on the facts, that this person is manipulating your patriotism and enriching himself in the process?

Because lets face the truth here. It does not matter one tiny but how much preaching you do about conservative anything if you then discount every damn word of it to 'go along' with the status quo and elect liberals does it?

I get it. Levin and Rush and the rest are comfort blankets for a lot of people. They say lots of things we all agree with and make us FEEL like we aren't alone in the world/the media. But they DO throw the towel in every election and tell their listeners to vote Romney or Bhoner or Mitch or whoever. And there is NOTHING conservative about being Brutus to our Cesar. Or Arnold to our Washington.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:59:06 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Straight up question. If a person spends 102 weeks of every election period preaching conservatism like Jimmy Swaggart and then in the last week of each election year effectively saying "I have SINNED!" and calling on his listeners to vote with him for whatever piece of garbage the GOP fronts, is it more likely that such a person is a conservative or is it more likely, based on the facts, that this person is manipulating your patriotism and enriching himself in the process?

How many here do the same thing?  Those without sin go ahead and toss the first stone.

Have you ever studied his background?  How long he's been fighting the Conservative cause and the things he started doing locally in Philly before people relaly knew what a Conservative was?

Probably not.  Because if you did thre's no way in hell you'd ever be describing him as some kind of charlatan sell out.

Offline Mechanicos

Please show where the financial conflict is.  Cause you're the only one that seems to see it.

And why aren't you this upset over Mitch McConnell using money from the Senate re-election PAC he set up...as a slush fund to go out and give money to RINO candidates that will support the establishment?

Nope the eeeevil is anyone who speaks ill of Orange Wonderful.  They must be crushed.

Oh and Trump donated $60K for the favorable political opinion the Senate Majority Leader now holds about Donald Trump.

You're pissed about that too...right?

Please provide a credible link to this bullshit.  We've been over this conspiracy theory crap of yours before.

Oh yeah...that's right...you can't because the obscure blog post that mentioned everything you hinges this steaming pile of BS on was removed by the site where it was posted for credibility issues.
Links were provided many times now. So you can stop pounding the table and faking outrage at having one of the Propaganda artists of the Liberals-run #neverTrump exposed as a paid shill.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Links were provided many times now. So you can stop pounding the table and faking outrage at having one of the Propaganda artists of the Liberals-run #neverTrump exposed as a paid shill.

Oh you're still holding up that blog post that was taken down for lack of credibility as "proof"?

Yeah ok.  You keep beating that dead horse.

Offline Norm Lenhart

How many here do the same thing?  Those without sin go ahead and toss the first stone.

Have you ever studied his background?  How long he's been fighting the Conservative cause and the things he started doing locally in Philly before people relaly knew what a Conservative was?

Probably not.  Because if you did thre's no way in hell you'd ever be describing him as some kind of charlatan sell out.
How many here lie to their millions strong audience about standing up for conservatism for 1.9 years and then say "Oops!My bad! Vote for the guy I told you was the Devil anyway"?

Does Levin, or does Levin not always throw all his talk aside every election and vote for whatever POS the GOP fronts? Yes or no. Those are the choices. All the talk inthe world means nothing. He is either conservative whenit matters most or he is not.

His record shows that when it matters most, he sides with the party, not his oft stated principles. If you can show that he has not always caved and voted party regardless of the POS the party put up, please do.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How many here lie to their millions strong audience about standing up for conservatism for 1.9 years and then say "Oops!My bad! Vote for the guy I told you was the Devil anyway"?

Does Levin, or does Levin not always throw all his talk aside every election and vote for whatever POS the GOP fronts? Yes or no. Those are the choices. All the talk inthe world means nothing. He is either conservative whenit matters most or he is not.

His record shows that when it matters most, he sides with the party, not his oft stated principles. If you can show that he has not always caved and voted party regardless of the POS the party put up, please do.

Yes, he has always ended up playing the same 'better the RINO than the Democrat' in years past.

Let's see what he does this year given his statements that the GOP is no longer a home for Conservatism, and as Trump continues to demonstrate he is as liberal and Left as Hillary is on many major issues.

You may end up being correct - but I have noticed a serious negative turn in his aggressions towards the GOP AND Trump.  We will see if he is going to join the rest of the Battered wives and practice insanity again.

He may.

But I certainly won't and neither will a good chunk of Conservatives that have woken up to the velvet coup we suffered.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

Considering what we know of Republicans to date, it isn't shocking at all.  It's expected. 

Silver Pines

Your first paragraph is word-for-word identical to the Conservative Treehouse article that made the original claim.  Are you just copying and pasting and letting it pass for discussion/debate?

http://spectator.org/66006_attack-mark-levin/

Levin has addressed the issue.  He claims the Senate Conservative Fund worked directly with his publisher, not him, and that the sale accounted for only three percent of total sales.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/01/mark-levin-dismisses-pay-to-play-charge-180896

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes, he has always ended up playing the same 'better the RINO than the Democrat' in years past.

Let's see what he does this year given his statements that the GOP is no longer a home for Conservatism, and as Trump continues to demonstrate he is as liberal and Left as Hillary is on many major issues.

You may end up being correct - but I have noticed a serious negative turn in his aggressions towards the GOP AND Trump.  We will see if he is going to join the rest of the Battered wives and practice insanity again.

He may.

But I certainly won't and neither will a good chunk of Conservatives that have woken up to the velvet coup we suffered.

I will openly admit he says many great things. In his way he provides a service by keeping people from going crazy with the 24/7 barrage of liberal media out there.

But as you point out, he is already softening his positions. It's just the pattern repeating. He will cave as he always does. If, in the unlikely circumstance, he does not cave, I will freely admit that I was wrong about him this time. But with history as an indicator I don't think I will be and thus he will have, yet again, ultimately assisted in the downfall of this once Constitutional Republic. Because he was too much of a gutless coward to stand up like a man and defend it with the considerable means of influence available to him.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Your first paragraph is word-for-word identical to the Conservative Treehouse article that made the original claim.  Are you just copying and pasting and letting it pass for discussion/debate?

http://spectator.org/66006_attack-mark-levin/

How about that Mechanicos.  Clearly someone is plagiarizing your comments before you post them.   

Silver Pines

How about that Mechanicos.  Clearly someone is plagiarizing your comments before you post them.

@Mechanicos

Now that has to be a first!