Author Topic: What now, Ted Cruz?  (Read 3659 times)

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Re: What now, Ted Cruz?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 01:30:32 am »
It implies he think more of himself than any supposed principle.

Not endorsing Trump doesn't tell me that. What tells me that is Cruz's abject refusal of a seat on SCOTUS where he could affect the conservative movement for decades.

I'm out on Cruz.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 01:32:15 am »
Cruz should not endorse Trump, ever.  If Trump loses (as is likely), Cruz will look smart for not endorsing him.  The same holds true if Trump is elected and his presidency implodes.

It will NOT hurt Cruz for not endorsing Trump.  Most of the party, even those voting for Trump, can't stand him. 

Cruz would do well to make some Senate allies.  It was telling he had no support from anybody but Mike Lee in his presidential run.

Yep. Yep. And Yep.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 01:43:28 am »
Not endorsing Trump doesn't tell me that. What tells me that is Cruz's abject refusal of a seat on SCOTUS where he could affect the conservative movement for decades.

I'm out on Cruz.

That really disappointed me.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 01:47:51 am »
I hope you are right. I am a Cruz Supporter.
Same people and crazy people all vote, so I hope you are right.
I think this election has shown us that emotions have beat logic and principle.
Let's hope it is aberration.

And sane People voted for Ted Cruz overwhelmingly.... Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas... .

Only the racist in the south propelled Scam Wow to a "rigged" delegate count when there were 17 candidates.  Likely the even more racist north/england part of the country cemented this orange cockroach as the R candidate.

I could care less who wins Hillary/trump.. same same.

I will continue to back Cruz and other Tea/Constitutional types.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 07:37:13 am »
What tells me that is Cruz's abject refusal of a seat on SCOTUS where he could affect the conservative movement for decades.

Cruz knows that Osama Bin Laden's corpse would be confirmed to SCOTUS before he would ever be.

That is why the abject refusal to be named, if in fact he was ever even asked beyond speculation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:28 am »
Cruz knows that Osama Bin Laden's corpse would be confirmed to SCOTUS before he would ever be.

That is why the abject refusal to be named, if in fact he was ever even asked beyond speculation.

IOW he's as popular as the plague. His chances of winning the GOP nomination for POTUS.......0.