Author Topic: Trump's Message on Super PACS Takes General Election Turn  (Read 3824 times)

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Re: Trump's Message on Super PACS Takes General Election Turn
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 07:07:53 pm »
@Mechanicos
@don-o

From the moment he launched his presidential campaign, Trump emphasized that he was "self-funding" his campaign. Knowing that Obama spent $1.123 billion and Romney spent $1.019 billion for their general-election campaigns, skeptical reporters asked Trump if he were willing to spend $1 billion of his own money.

One question: Is he willing to spend a billion on his campaign, which would match the amounts President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney raised for their 2012 general election races?
Trump answered: "I would do that, yeah, if I had to."
He added: "I make $400 million a year so what difference does it make?"

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/08/15/donald-trump-news-conference-one-billion/31793711

Trump affirmed that he was willing to do so and even downplayed the expected cost. He knew what he was implying. So did his supporters.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:23:53 pm by BuckeyeTexan »
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
Because Trump never said that his self-funding was ONLY for the primaries.  That is a construct of his devout cultists who have raised spinning the truth into an art form that makes Josh Earnest blush.  Trump repeatedly used the phrase "Self-funding my own campaign" as an implication he would do so through the General election.  That was the perception the Trump acolytes brow-beat everyone about in the early phase of the primary season.  That Trump was the "only one to use his own money" to get elected president.

There was NOTHING to suggest or indicate it was only for the primary.  "My campaign" is a campaign that continues until the General election or the candidate drops out.

The Trump Believers will spin anything and everything Their Savior says that contradicts previous positions, statements and doesn't fit the current narrative that lofts their Chosen to divine status.

Or as Trump already told us "Everything I say is a *suggestion*".
Burden is on the Trump haters to prove the positive 1. That A primary election is the same as General Election. and 2. That Trump promised to self fund the General with the Term General in your proof. Until then stop insulting peoples' intellegence combining two separate and distinct types of elections which are done in 2 very different ways to different audience and with different goals and rules.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »
Burden is on the Trump haters to prove the positive 1. That A primary election is the same as General Election. and 2. That Trump promised to self fund the General with the Term General in your proof.

It doesn't matter what 'proof' is provided, you people will spin it as irrelevant or not what 'Trump meant' or 'taken out of context' crappola you have been flinging ad nauseum.  Like what you will do to the proof posted above:

One question: Is he willing to spend a billion on his campaign, which would match the amounts President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney raised for their 2012 general election races?
Trump answered: "I would do that, yeah, if I had to."
He added: "I make $400 million a year so what difference does it make?"

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/08/15/donald-trump-news-conference-one-billion/31793711/?showmenu=true

Until then stop insulting peoples' intellegence combining two separate and distinct types of elections which are done in 2 very different ways to different audience and with different goals and rules.

We know what the perception was that he wanted everyone to believe.  We know what he wanted everyone to think.  That Josh Earnest can't hold a candle to the spin and lies you acolytes for Trump manufacture to absolve your Lil' Benito from his own contradictions is amazing to behold.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »
  Trump repeatedly used the phrase "Self-funding my own campaign" as an implication he would do so through the General election.  That was the perception the Trump acolytes brow-beat everyone about in the early phase of the primary season.   

Of course he did and it was a strong selling point. As was his boast that he did not need any manner of party unity to win. But, thank God, we  have not quite gotten to.....

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 07:25:02 pm »
You have not proven he promised to fund the General election at any time and its insulting to our intelligence to claim the Primary campaign is the General election.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

geronl

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2016, 07:41:42 pm »
Yet another Trump lie

It's in the millions of lies now, I think

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »
Burden is on the Trump haters to prove the positive 

For once, can you go through a thread without flamebait? Please at least try.

Until then stop insulting peoples' intellegence combining two separate and distinct types of elections which are done in 2 very different ways to different audience and with different goals and rules.

There is obviously nothing that Trump said to allay the impression that HE deliberately created, cultivated and hammered, that he was accepting no outside money.

That is what it looks like in Realville. Thank  you for the viewpoint from Trumptopia.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 07:55:57 pm »
For once, can you go through a thread without flamebait? Please at least try.

There is obviously nothing that Trump said to allay the impression that HE deliberately created, cultivated and hammered, that he was accepting no outside money.

That is what it looks like in Realville. Thank  you for the viewpoint from Trumptopia.
When #neverTrump/liberals stop being so dishonest we can have an adult conversation. On this point its a total fail and taints all of the Trump haters. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 07:59:28 pm »
You have not proven he promised to fund the General election at any time and its insulting to our intelligence to claim the Primary campaign is the General election.

Oh, so now the operative word to deflect the fact your King Presumptive lied yet again is that we have to PROVE TRUMP **PROMISED** to fund himself for the entire election campaign.  So unless what Trump said about funding his entire campaign was preceded with the word *promise*, it is irrelevant and immaterial.

Donald Trump is willing to fork over a billion bucks if that's what it takes to win the White House.

Donald Trump went "On the Record" to say that he's the only presidential candidate who won't be swayed by donors or special interest groups because he's funding his own campaign.

"I'm the only one self-funding," the billionaire mogul and 2016 GOP frontrunner told Greta Van Susteren. "I'm putting up my own money.  And every single candidate that's running is controlled by people that give them money--whether it's Bush or Rubio, or any of them...Hillary Clinton more than anybody."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/24/trump-tells-greta-van-susteren-only-candidate-wont-be-controlled-donors

"Hillary Clinton more than anyone" - because you fanatics for Trump would have everyone think that Trump was only referencing the GOP Primaries for funding, and never created the perception he was talking about the ENTIRE campaign to November.  Because as you know - Hillary was running in the GOP primary too.

We are not as stupid and gullible to believe the lies and spin you acolytes for Trump keep attempting to foist upon everyone here.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 08:00:14 pm »
When #neverTrump/liberals stop being so dishonest we can have an adult conversation. On this point its a total fail and taints all of the Trump haters.

You keep projecting - just like the Leftists you falsely claim Trump opposes.