Author Topic: People Are BOYCOTTING Home Depot Because Of THIS ANTI-TRUMP Attack!!  (Read 1584 times)

rangerrebew

People Are BOYCOTTING Home Depot Because Of THIS ANTI-TRUMP Attack!!
SOOPERMEXICAN

Home Depot

One employee is causing an uproar that has many calling for a boycott of Home Depot, and she did it by just wearing a simple hat.

The New York Daily News talked to the employee about what happened when she wore her anti-Trump hat:

A Staten Island, New York, Home Depot worker said she is receiving death threats after wearing an anti-Trump hat to work.

Krystal Lake, 22, wore the controversial hat during her shift on May 15, Staten Island Live reported. The hat reads: “AMERICA WAS NEVER GREAT.”

Lake said the message was inspired by Donald Trump’s presidential campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

“The point of the hat was to say America needs changing and improvement,” Lake told Staten Island Live. “I don’t think it’s a positive message to say, ‘Let’s look to the past.'”

A photo of Lake wearing the hat was shared on social media and quickly went viral. She woke up to several messages on May 18 from friends and family, urging her to check her social media accounts.

“Everyone kept asking me if I was on Facebook or Twitter, which I hadn’t been,” Lake recalled, “and then I saw how many people were sharing [the picture] and that it was going viral. I was honestly shocked. I didn’t expect any of this to happen.”

Yeahhhhhh, you’re dumb, Krystal Lake, but you’re allowed to be dumb in a free (and great) country like America. She is a college student so we can imagine where she got her foolish notions of America from. Here’s a better look at the hat that yells loudly about the idiocy of it’s wearer:

Home Depot

Geez, cheer up you miserable liberal!! Why do they always seem depressed?!

A quick look on Twitter finds some of the outraged response she got, but I wasn’t able to find the death threats or racial epithets she mentioned:

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/home-depot-boycotted-employees-anti-trump-hat/#ixzz49HwOSUbk

Offline keeptherepublic

I don't consider that an Anti-Trump slogan -- that's an Anti-American slogan and shouldn't be allowed in the workplace.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't consider that an Anti-Trump slogan -- that's an Anti-American slogan and shouldn't be allowed in the workplace.

I agree.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I don't consider that an Anti-Trump slogan -- that's an Anti-American slogan 

Agree

and shouldn't be allowed in the workplace.

Depends. This is a matter for company policy.

Bill Cipher

So who gets to be the political police?  Should we go back to the old Soviet system, where every employer had to have a political officer on premises?

Offline mountaineer

So who gets to be the political police?  Should we go back to the old Soviet system, where every employer had to have a political officer on premises?
No employee really has grounds to object if the company policy  forbids all political statements, whether displayed on hats, t-shirts or buttons, in the workplace.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Good Zampolit's are hard to find.  I think one of the Mods here used to be one. :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Employers have the right to specify how their employees dress on the job.  I guess the rub is that Home Depot was OK with her wearing it on the job.  Not so much a problem with the employee - but with the employer for allowing that - knowing that many customers will be offended by it. 

The onus is on Home Depot.  That was an offensive slogan to most Americans and it's not good business, if you ask me.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

What evidence is there that anybody is boycotting Home Depot over this? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

The ‘Trump Effect’ keeps causing the left to out themselves.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline bilo

Re: People Are BOYCOTTING Home Depot Because Of THIS ANTI-TRUMP Attack!!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 07:51:58 pm »

You are absolutely right!

However, we should be quick to support whoever steps forward and tells the girl wearing the hat she's an idiot and should go back to school and actually learn about who and how this country was created.

The reason people wear these stupid messages is nobody calls them on it. We need to be more aggressive and confident in our beliefs. I'm not saying go yell at someone. What I'm saying is look them in the eye and tell them why what their wearing is stupid in a clear calm voice. If you see someone do this step up and calmly give them your support.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 08:06:42 pm »
I buycott HD as much as possible because of their pro-illegal alien positions.

I'm surprised HD management permitted her wearing of the hat, but then nothing is really surprising anymore... **nononono*
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »
Christians and conservatives have been boycotting Home Depot for a while because they support the homo agenda.

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 04:55:23 am »
Yep I have not gone in a home depot in years I go to Lowe's.

Offline washi

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 05:19:10 am »
Agreed. I am by NO means a Trump fan, but the number of Anti-American dirtballs against him can only help him with regular Americans.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.