Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: House (Oklahoma) Calls For Impeachment Of Barack Obama… It’s Official!  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Cowboyway

With all due respect, you're dead wrong:

The GOP won the spending war while no one was looking.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,207254.0.html

Really?

Today’s Federal Debt is about $19,413,354,121,000.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Really?

Today’s Federal Debt is about $19,413,354,121,000.

The last time that federal spending was actually CUT was when Calvin Coolidge was president!  Reducing the rate of growth is NOT a cut!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They are a State Legislature, they are not the Federal Legislature; I think they are doing pretty well.

Oklahoma has enacted various bills and has stood up to DC, as in the immigration issue.

I don't see this as a hollow gesture and sometimes symbolism is important.

No let-down at the State Level.  It should be an example for the other 49 to happen, then what?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The last time that federal spending was actually CUT was when Calvin Coolidge was president!  Reducing the rate of growth is NOT a cut!
Nobody was arguing that spending has been cut.  I'm fine with the GOP reducing the rate of growth.  I hope the trend continues.

Online libertybele

Seriously, they want to impeach him over the use of Bathrooms. He has overreached on the 2nd amendment, 10th amendment, immigration, Healthcare, etc.....
And this is what gets their knickers in a bunch. :thud:

My sentiments exactly!   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cowboyway

Nobody was arguing that spending has been cut.  I'm fine with the GOP reducing the rate of growth.  I hope the trend continues.

But it's still growth in government spending in a stagnant economy.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Victoria33

The Oklahoma legislature has nothing better to do than vote ridiculous resolutions of impeachment and implementing a bathroom plan that will bankrupt the state.

And you think that's serious?
@Bigun
@CatherineofAragon 

"Lawmakers in the socially conservative state are also expected to take up a measure as early as Friday that would allow students to claim a religious right to have separate but equal bathrooms and changing facilities to segregate them from transgender students."

Oklahoma legislators are brilliant with this measure, and here is why:
Obama's new push is to take away federal money from states if they won't let LGBT trans people into women's and men's bathrooms. It's all about "equal" rights for LGBT people.  States are going nuts trying to figure out how to put LGBT people in the wrong bathroom for their private parts and keep peace between them and "normal" people who don't want them or their kids in bathrooms with the wrong sex part of LGBT people.

Remember also, states are now pushed to recognize religious beliefs and make allowances for those beliefs in schools and the workplace, etc.. 

Sooo, this Oklahoma measure takes advantage of that to keep "normal" people out of restrooms LGBT people use.  All you have to do is say your religious belief (that would be a Christian belief) prevents you from using a restroom where LGBT people can go.  EXCELLENT - provide a restroom for Christians so they don't have to use the LGBT infested bathroom.

They went 180 degrees from the requirement to let LGBT go in other sex restrooms - fine, let them go into those bathrooms but if a person says her/his religious belief won't allow them in bathrooms where LGBT may be, provide a restroom for the religious Christians.

Do you see now what Oklahoma did?  They used the same method LGBT is using for their "rights" to give Christians their "rights".  Stick a label on a bathroom door that says "Male Christian Bathroom", "Female Christian Bathroom" or "Male Religious Bathroom", "Female Religious Bathroom", whatever sign means their religious belief requires no LGBT of a different sex in that bathroom.

I don't care how schools, businesses would get this done - it defeats LGBT and that is the goal.  Put that religious sign on the male and female restrooms they have now and use two Porta Potties, one for male/it and one female/it.  There is no rule a bathroom has to be inside a building so put the male/it, female/it outside since they are in the minority or put the Christian ones outside; I would go outside to keep me away from LGBT in the restroom.  :amen:

Bill Cipher

The Oklahoma legislature has nothing better to do than vote ridiculous resolutions of impeachment and implementing a bathroom plan that will bankrupt the state.

Right?  What a waste.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Oklahoma lege is nuttier than the Texas lege, which is a major accomplishment.

You've got sane and nutty reversed.   I've noticed this about other of your opinions as well.   

Oklahoma and Texas  are the more rational members of the 50 states.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The administration is telling the states how to run their schools; there would probably be objections on the local level if a state told schools what to do.

This does in a very direct way affect states and their citizens, maybe more than immigration does though I see the case for that too.

Offline DiogenesLamp

You are apparently unfamiliar with this concept called "incrementalism".   You keep ceding the small issues,   and you lose the big ones down the road.   

Democrats never cede anything.   They fight tooth and nail for every tiny little scrap of stuff they can force down our throats.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RedHead

Where were they with Obamacare, or the importation or islamic "refugees"?
There have been a heck of a lot more serious issues they could have done this over.

I believe they have decided to join in on Obamacare.  When facing a billion dollar plus budget deficit then there isn't a lot they won't swallow.

geronl

Of course the state legislature  motion is meaningless

Offline RedHead

Do you honestly think that'll happen if Trump is elected?  Really?