Author Topic: Erick Erickson: 'I think the time has come for Mitt Romney'  (Read 958 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Erick Erickson: 'I think the time has come for Mitt Romney'

Not only does Erick Erickson want Mitt Romney to restart a search for a third-party candidate to challenge Donald Trump, he also wants Romney to consider being that person.

The conservative blogger wrote for The Resurgent on Friday that he would "gladly work for a Romney Presidency given the choices between" Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Trump.

Erickson, who has said he would never vote for Trump, opposed Romney during his previous presidential runs. On Wednesday, Yahoo News reported that Romney has ruled out an independent bid for president and is not trying to get any other Republicans to take up the mantle despite remaining hopeful for someone else to surface.

"I opposed Romney in 2008 and 2012, but I think the time has come for Mitt Romney," Erickson wrote. "I can’t believe I’m even writing this. But seriously, Mitt Romney should run for President again and transcend party for the good of the country."

Romney has also refused to back the presumptive Republican nominee, attacking Trump for refusing to release his tax returns and previously saying "Trumpism has become associated with racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/erick-erickson-mitt-romney-223420

Yep, #neverTrump is about "conservative and moral" values here... Oh wait..... isn't this is the guy who is paid to lie about Trump? Paid to put out hate-filled articles against Trump day after day?

Oh yeah, he is...

ConservativeTreeHouse.com documented that the Ricketts family funded Our Principles PAC to the tune of $3 million in February alone.  We should not be surprised when FEC filings show money from Our Principles PAC flowing to Resurgent Media, with the box “Oppose Trump” checked off as the Erickson media group’s purpose.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/gop-establishment-money-funding-mark-levin-glenn-beck-erick-erickson-to-attack-trump/

Yep. #neverTrump is about conservatism, or morals or something.... /sarc.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Erick Erickson: 'I think the time has come for Mitt Romney'
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:17:07 am »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:54:48 am »
Sundance is a tool.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 02:03:12 am »
Second verse, same as the first:  LOSER!!!

Mitt is a moderate and we already went that route.  No thanks.

Romney couldn't possibly win, but he could stop Trump.  At this point, I'm all for that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:06:37 am »
Romney couldn't possibly win, but he could stop Trump.  At this point, I'm all for that.
Yes sink we know, You already said you were a Hillary voter. Why anybody on this channel listens to you after you said that surprises me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 02:11:22 am »
Yes sink we know, You already said you were a Hillary voter. Why anybody on this channel listens to you after you said that surprises me.

Listen here, buster.  You're new here, a refugee from God knows where.  You are on more ignore lists than anybody but your fellow troll A-Lert.   So, you should be happy somebody replies to your bullshit because, if you hadn't noticed, most don't.

I'm not voting for Hillary.  I'm voting against Trump.  That he's the best you could barf up is not my fault.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 02:13:15 am »
Listen here, buster.  You're new here, a refugee from God knows where.  You are on more ignore lists than anybody but your fellow troll A-Lert.   So, you should be happy somebody replies to your bullshit because, if you hadn't noticed, most don't.

I'm not voting for Hillary.  I'm voting against Trump.  That he's the best you could barf up is not my fault.
I'm not new Sink, been here since 12 at least with this nick. And you said you were going to vote for Hillary to stop Trump. Do I need to go back in your posts to find it again?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 02:15:48 am »
I'm not new Sink, been here since 12 at least with this nick. And you said you were going to vote for Hillary to stop Trump. Do I need to go back in your posts to find it again?

Be my guest.  I NEVER said I would vote for Hillary.  Ever.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 02:44:42 am »
We need someone who is principled and well schooled in the Constitution and very articulate.  Is that really so impossible?  I know he won't win, but he/she could do the job of stopping Trump and Hillary from getting enough electoral votes.  Then we shall see.  We can't do worse than those two.

I would submit that a true Conservative would win a plurality. And if there was ever a time it is now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 02:46:10 am »

Is on ignore for me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 02:47:42 am »
Sinkspur wrote (in a quote from Mechanicos):
"I'm not voting for Hillary.  I'm voting against Trump.  That he's the best you could barf up is not my fault."

You're voting for hillary, sink.
You're a democrat in disguise.

That is all...

(Aside: the only reason I saw what sinkspur said at all is because Mechanicos quoted him. He's on my ignore list!)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 02:50:20 am »
Sinkspur wrote (in a quote from Mechanicos):
"I'm not voting for Hillary.  I'm voting against Trump.  That he's the best you could barf up is not my fault."

You're voting for hillary, sink.
You're a democrat in disguise.

That is all...

(Aside: the only reason I saw what sinkspur said at all is because Mechanicos quoted him. He's on my ignore list!)

Nope. Not voting for Hillary, not voting for Trump.

I know you have me on ignore.  You trot your old ass out every day or so and make that point. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 03:23:21 am »

Me, too!