Author Topic: Person of Interest “6,741” - Root & Shaw Love Scene (Was this really necessary??)  (Read 3180 times)

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Person of Interest Producers Break Down Shaw's Big Return and Reunion with Root

IGN - By Matt Fowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxt1QxAlELo

"...Within this simulation too came Shaw's big reunion with Root. Their first real moments together after Shaw sacrificed herself back in "If-Then-Else." And there were some lustful, loving moments between them as the show went full tilt with their years-in-the-making sex scene. Of course, with the extra bitter backstab being that none of the happened within the real POI world - just in Shaw's VR headset....

Even though it turned out not to be real, Root and Shaw had a huge moment on the episode after Shaw, shaking off pesky subway brain surgery, made a move on Root that took them both to bed. With a quick stop at the kitchen table....

At the end of the simulation, Shaw chooses to end her own life instead of killing Root. A sweeping romantic gesture within the world of Person of Interest. "Emotions are hard for Shaw," Plageman said. "So we thought one of the best ways to show Root her feelings, to display how she feels inside, was to have her continuously not kill her in these simulations, over and over. She turns the gun on herself. There's something even more powerful to that."...

"Person Of Interest took the return of Shaw and all of the expectations that came with it as a personal challenge and decided to just go ahead and knock this episode out of the park. The subtitle of “6,741” should be “…Well That Escalated Quickly.” The M.V.P. of this episode and life itself is Sarah Shahi. The brief return of Taraji P. Henson’s Agent Carter is one of the best episodes of the series, and “6,741” is a worthy entry to stand by its side. This episode is successful because it’s ambitious but focused. It delves into almost every genre that Person Of Interest has tackled, but never devolves into chaos. The storytelling is breathlessly efficient, moving, suspenseful, and twisty; the character of Shaw and Shahi’s performance anchor the entire enterprise, ensuring that it stays grounded and on-target. If that weren’t enough, this is one of the most well-executed episodes of a particularly well-executed show in regards to details. The direction is artful; the lighting is divine; the score is on point; the flashback montages are terrifying. In summary, this one should automatically go on everyone’s highlight reel...

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/once-again-characters-long-awaited-return-inspires-236882

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Ah, the infamous lesbian kiss episode.

This was far more than a simple lesbian kiss on network TV.  Totally unnecessary!  Again, Hollywood writers attempting to include their culture on society.  In my view, the writers have destroyed a great show initially based on current privacy concerns.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

geronl

It is every show on every channel. It is brainwashing, pure and simple.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This was far more than a simple lesbian kiss on network TV.  Totally unnecessary!  Again, Hollywood writers attempting to include their culture on society.  In my view, the writers have destroyed a great show initially based on current privacy concerns.
Back in the 90s when this phenomenon began, the mere display of a kiss was shock enough. Now, with our society's wholesale embrace of it, producers are ready to up the ante.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Ah, the infamous lesbian kiss episode.
My husband and I used to watch this show together, up until they had their first gay couple on (late Season 1, or Season 2)...and he was out.

I stuck with it, and they never introduced any more gay characters, except this stupid lesbo crap with Shaw and Root.  TOTALLY unnecessary.  It ruined the show for me.  Which sucks now, cuz I was looking forward to seeing this show come back.  Maybe I can skip this stupid episode...

Why does EVERY show though, have to have a gay character.  Every time there's a new series that looks really good, they introduce a gay person, and it ruins it.  All these shows I used to watch with my husband, I have to watch alone, because he just won't watch at all, if there's a gay character.  I can ff through those parts and deal with it, but I get his principles.  I just wish I didn't have to feel guilty watching what would otherwise be a good show, if not for the gay crap.

geronl

My husband and I used to watch this show together, up until they had their first gay couple on (late Season 1, or Season 2)...and he was out.

I wonder what the reaction would be if the bad guy was homosexual...

Offline mountaineer

This is the only program Mr. M and I make the effort to watch and have done so since its inception. We were disappointed that the writers saw a need for this strange, violent and rather unbelievable lesbian sex scene between Root and Shaw. It really added nothing to the story, which otherwise was intriguing.

As many have said, it's just s.o.p. for TV fare anymore, though, the "new normal" and, yes, advancement of the insufferable gay agenda.  Heaven knows, if we disapprove we're just haters and homophobes.  **nononono* 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bolobaby

The vid only has 16 dislikes. Maybe more of us should actually dislike it in order to send a message to the producers of such crapola.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
The vid only has 16 dislikes. Maybe more of us should actually dislike it in order to send a message to the producers of such crapola.
Disliked for sure.

Ok, I tried to watch the video, but the ew factor was beyond the charts for me.  That scene was so out of sorts, and so unnatural, I was too creeped out to watch it beyond the first 30 seconds.

Offline goatprairie

It's patently obvious that the various people in charge of tv programming are trying to shove this down the throats of Americans.
 My wife loves to watch those stupid house search programs on the H&G channel. It seems every other couple looking for an international home are two homos. It's probably not that high, but the incidence of homo couples on the program seems well above average.
And she also likes to watch The Amazing Race which I guess requires that at least two flaming homos have to be contestants.

Offline mountaineer

I've also noticed all the homosexual couples on House Hunters and some of the other home improvement shows. Even on "Chopped" you'll see contestants who make a big point of bringing their same-sex partners into the conversation. Come on, people, it's just cooking! But, like we've said, promoting this agenda is pervasive, and they're not going to stop.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
It's patently obvious that the various people in charge of tv programming are trying to shove this down the throats of Americans.
 My wife loves to watch those stupid house search programs on the H&G channel. It seems every other couple looking for an international home are two homos. It's probably not that high, but the incidence of homo couples on the program seems well above average.
And she also likes to watch The Amazing Race which I guess requires that at least two flaming homos have to be contestants.
Yes, every show it seems, has to have the gay character, more so than at any time.  In fact, Glenn Beck was discussing this yesterday on his show, when he mentioned how he decided to watch DCs Legends of Tomorrow (which I happened to watch) and one episode had them going back in time to the 50's, and they were dressed up as nurses (to fit in), (how sexists they are, because all nurses were female), and as the show went on, one of the main characters (female) decided to find another woman nurse attractive, but the main character wasn't a lesbian, but after she kisses the other character, she decides she is one. 

Hollywood has changed societies perception by increasing the amount of homosexual characters, by over doing it, to the point where, every show has a homosexual and it feels like heterosexuals are not represented appropriately anymore.  8% of the population is homosexual, but TV does not represent that.  Hence why it's no big deal now, when someone "comes out of the closet", like it used to be.  Thanx Ellen (Degeneres) - it was her show in the 80's where she came out, that started the whole homos on tv crap being acceptable.

Glenn has asserted that it won't be long, with how acceptable homosexuality is and now transgenderism is, that pedophilia will be the next to be accepted as "normal".  Our society is so sick.
 8888crybaby

Offline mirraflake

Dirty, rotten lesbian sex scenes with hot, attractive women..Can't believe Hollywood turns out this crap to pollute our minds.

Majority of normal read blooded men incredibly turned on including me.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:32:51 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Disliked for sure.

Ok, I tried to watch the video, but the ew factor was beyond the charts for me.  That scene was so out of sorts, and so unnatural, I was too creeped out to watch it beyond the first 30 seconds.

Because you are not a man.  What women like bores us men and what turns us on offends you.

@L9teen
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:34:42 pm by mirraflake »

Offline goatprairie

Yes, every show it seems, has to have the gay character, more so than at any time.  In fact, Glenn Beck was discussing this yesterday on his show, when he mentioned how he decided to watch DCs Legends of Tomorrow (which I happened to watch) and one episode had them going back in time to the 50's, and they were dressed up as nurses (to fit in), (how sexists they are, because all nurses were female), and as the show went on, one of the main characters (female) decided to find another woman nurse attractive, but the main character wasn't a lesbian, but after she kisses the other character, she decides she is one. 

Hollywood has changed societies perception by increasing the amount of homosexual characters, by over doing it, to the point where, every show has a homosexual and it feels like heterosexuals are not represented appropriately anymore.  8% of the population is homosexual, but TV does not represent that.  Hence why it's no big deal now, when someone "comes out of the closet", like it used to be.  Thanx Ellen (Degeneres) - it was her show in the 80's where she came out, that started the whole homos on tv crap being acceptable.

Glenn has asserted that it won't be long, with how acceptable homosexuality is and now transgenderism is, that pedophilia will be the next to be accepted as "normal".  Our society is so sick.
 8888crybaby
"8% of the population is homosexual, but TV does not represent that"

More like 3 or 4%. 

geronl

"8% of the population is homosexual, but TV does not represent that"

More like 3 or 4%.

3% is probably on the high side.

Offline mountaineer

In last night's episode, Root and Shaw reunited for "real," not just in a simulation planted in Shaw's brain by Samaritan. Thankfully, there only was a hug - nothing more.   :laugh: