Author Topic: WOW! Phil Robertson Just Told America How He Plans To Help Trump!  (Read 702 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.headlinepolitics.com/phil-robertson-just-told-america-plans-help-trump/?utm_source=SailThru%26utm_newsletter&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HP%20Newsletter%2005-20-16%20Tier%202&utm_term=Tier%202

Walter White

Phil Robertson, star of the reality show “Duck Dynasty” and former supporter of Texas Senator Ted Cruz, just revealed how he plans to help Donald Trump if he becomes president.

Robertson, who is a devout Christian, wants to help Trump connect with his Christian faith, and said he would want to help the Republican throughout his entire presidency.

From Bipartisan Report:

The outspoken 70-year-old supported Ted Cruz (R-TX) throughout the primaries, but with Cruz out of the race, Robertson is now looking to the presumptive GOP presidential nominee — Donald J. Trump.

Robertson was at the Cannes Film Festival promoting “Torchbearer” — a gruesome new documentary that calls for cultural repentance and renewed faith in God. From a boat docked at the shores of Cannes, France, Robertson appeared on “Fox and Friends” and offered to assist Trump in brushing up on his Christian values.

He told “Fox and Friends”:

‘I’ll make a valiant attempt behind the scenes, you understand, to sit down with Donald with a Bible in between us, and I might can help him along with concepts like loving your enemies, loving your god, loving your neighbor. Even your enemies, forgive them and move on. I may can help him in that area. I can see it now, Trump wins and the camera’s panning and his spiritual advisor is me.’

Given Robertson’s strong Christian faith, he seems like the perfect individual to help guide Trump’s spirituality and help him rekindle his relationship with God.

HAPPY2BME

Re: WOW! Phil Robertson Just Told America How He Plans To Help Trump!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:08:50 pm »
Progressive GOPe neocons sure ain't gonna like this.

Tough to be a progressive neocon these day.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

From a boat docked at the shores of Cannes, France, Robertson appeared on “Fox and Friends” and offered to assist Trump in brushing up on his Christian values.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »
Phil might need to round up a herd of flying pigs or unicorns before he begins that little "sit down."

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 03:33:21 pm »
"I can see it now, Trump wins and the camera’s panning and his spiritual adviser is me."

Hence Robertson's real reason for the offer; more face time on TV.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 03:33:48 pm »
Odds that the the Trump Legion at Breitbart will facilitate Phil with making this happen?

For those who do not know, Breitbart made the movie that Robertson is in.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »
"I can see it now, Trump wins and the camera’s panning and his spiritual adviser is me."

Hence Robertson's real reason for the offer; more face time on TV.

And that is a bad thing because....?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 05:04:59 pm »
And that is a bad thing because....?

One flaming narcissist in the administration is enough.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 06:02:25 pm »
One flaming narcissist in the administration is enough.

I'm going to go ahead and challenge you for the N word on Robertson. How does he fit the profile?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 06:22:31 pm »
One reality TV show star supporting another reality TV show star.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
In my best Aussie accent.

Behold, a reality star in its natural habitat. This star is doing what it does best, it seeks out TV cameras and publicity, stalks its prey, then, when the time is right, pounces right in front of the cameras. To make sure its cubs are fed, it will look for the cameras with the most viewers and always pounce in front of it. This particular reality star abandoned its normal hunting partners that have green plumage for one of the orange spray tan variety.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 06:32:44 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and challenge you for the N word on Robertson. How does he fit the profile?

Being from the relative area they are, I can tell you the reputation of the whole family with the locals fits that. Before they had their show, they were caddy driving, suit wearing yuppies. A&E created the bearded, cammo wearing persona. Everything is still part of their scripts. Behold, the Robinsons before the TV cameras found them and created the 'Duck Dynasty'.

At that, Sadie Robinson came out a while back and said their entire act was as fake as WWE wrasslin.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1530619/duck-dynasty-fake-sadie-robertson-reveals-overly-honest-inside-info-in-new-video/

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 06:34:45 pm »
In my best Aussie accent.

Behold, a reality star in its natural habitat. This star is doing what it does best, it seeks out TV cameras and publicity, stalks its prey, then, when the time is right, pounces right in front of the cameras. To make sure its cubs are fed, it will look for the cameras with the most viewers and always pounce in front of it. This particular reality star abandoned its normal hunting partners that have green plumage for one of the orange spray tan variety.

I've said that Robertson is  making a mistake getting anywhere near Trump in public. If he feels called to minister to him, it should be done in total secrecy.

It's as wrong headed as Cruz buddying up to Glenn Beck.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 06:39:28 pm »
Being from the relative area they are, I can tell you the reputation of the whole family with the locals fits that. Before they had their show, they were caddy driving, suit wearing yuppies. A&E created the bearded, cammo wearing persona. Everything is still part of their scripts. Behold, the Robinsons before the TV cameras found them and created the 'Duck Dynasty'.

So are you saying that Phil's evangelism efforts and the film (Torchbearer) is simply play acting?  What's the upside for him?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 06:43:35 pm »
I've said that Robertson is  making a mistake getting anywhere near Trump in public. If he feels called to minister to him, it should be done in total secrecy.

It's as wrong headed as Cruz buddying up to Glenn Beck.

I agree on both parts.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »
So are you saying that Phil's evangelism efforts and the film (Torchbearer) is simply play acting?  What's the upside for him?

It may be partially genuine, but it is played up greatly. What's the upside? Around $5 Million per year paycheck, and that's just from A&E, not to mention the merchandising revenue that is estimated to be about $400 Million. (yes, you read that right, $400 Million)  -- and that was in 2013, it has been growing since then.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2013/11/06/duck-dynastys-brand-bonanza-how-ae-and-walmart-turned-camo-into-400-million-merchandise-sales/#5d4aaf05d206

In Trump terms, that's a YUGE upside.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »
It may be partially genuine, but it is played up greatly. What's the upside? Around $5 Million per year paycheck, and that's just from A&E, not to mention the merchandising revenue that is estimated to be about $400 Million. (yes, you read that right, $400 Million)  -- and that was in 2013, it has been growing since then.

His outreach for his faith may be somewhat "under the radar" now. But even getting in the same news story with Trump impacts on what his universal message of redemption and salvation  demands..... single mindedness.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »
It may be partially genuine, but it is played up greatly. sales/#5d4aaf05d206

In Trump terms, that's a YUGE upside.

By "it" do you mean the the external image. You are not saying his evangelism is fake, are you?

Offline ABX

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 07:59:43 pm »
By "it" do you mean the the external image. You are not saying his evangelism is fake, are you?

I think the evangelism is part of his external image. I won't say his faith isn't real, I just have zero belief around anything associated with 'reality tv'. It is all staged and fake from the stories to the personas. His faith may be real, but I have little doubt how he is playing that or anything else is.

Remember, he is still under contract with A&E and they control everything about him and his family, from how they dress to they even have contracts to keep their beards. That most likely means that every event that he and his family attend and everything they say is vetted through A&E to ensure it meets the image they are creating for their $400 Million dollar plus empire.