Author Topic: Palestinian Authority Blocks Gay Groups from AIDS UN Event  (Read 233 times)

rangerrebew

Palestinian Authority Blocks Gay Groups from AIDS UN Event
May 19, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/262918/pinkwashing-palestinian-authority-blocks-gay-daniel-greenfield

Pinkwashing is the favorite term that anti-Israel activists use to shrug off the fact that the PLO/Palestinian Authority is about as gay-friendly as Iran. But the real pinkwashers are gay anti-Israel activists whose favorite terror state supports this kind of thing.

A group of 51 Muslim states has blocked 11 gay and transgender organizations from attending a high-level meeting at the United Nations next month on ending AIDS, sparking a protest by Canada, the United States and the European Union.

Samantha Power, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, wrote to General Assembly President Mogens Lykketoft and said the groups appeared to have been blocked for involvement in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocacy.

The Islamic countries involved include plenty of real countries and one fake country, Palestine. As of this moment, bleep Against Israeli Apartheid had no comment. Neither did any of the other anti-Israel and anti-Jewish hate groups who throw around pinkwashing claims.
What's This?

And why would they? While left-wing gay rights activists agitate for a Palestinian terror state, the PLO and Hamas are none too fond of them.

The Palestinian National Authority awards the death penalty for homosexuals.

A 21-year-old university student with serious professional ambitions, Nawal wouldn't dream of performing [his drag show] in his hometown, where homosexuality, as in the rest of the Palestinian territories, is strictly taboo, sometimes violently so. Last year, a group of gay Palestinians visiting East Jerusalem from the United States were threatened and one of them badly beaten after they announced plans to join an Israeli gay pride rally.

The Palestinian is asking for permission to remain in Israel because he fears for his life if he is expelled to the Palestinian Authority.

Speaking to Haaretz, he said that "in other times, when they brought me to the roadblock the entire village chased me and beat me, and nearly killed me. I prefer to sit in prison than to go back."

Pinkwashing. It's what the anti-Israel left does for the PLO.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:09:27 pm by rangerrebew »