Author Topic: Super PAC Backing Donald Trump Reveals List of Supporters  (Read 1668 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Super PAC Backing Donald Trump Reveals List of Supporters
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:34:32 am »
A “super PAC” supporting Donald J. Trump released a partial list of 27 supporters on Thursday, as officials for the group said they would report on Friday having no debt last month and raising more than $1 million....

The group is one of at least four potential super PACs in the works to support Mr. Trump....

...Another recently formed super PAC, the Committee for American Sovereignty, featured donors such as Nick Loeb, a former backer of Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/politics/super-pac-trump-supporters.html?action=click&contentCollection=us&module=NextInCollection&region=Footer&pgtype=article&version=newsevent&rref=collection%2Fnews-event%2Felection-2016

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: Super PAC Backing Donald Trump Reveals List of Supporters
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:09 am »
Impressive!
Looks like he might get a billion overall, to help out all the GOP races :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:47:46 am »
Impressive!
Looks like he might get a billion overall, to help out all the GOP races :whistle:

A million dollars and Stacy Dash is impressive? Good luck with that.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 05:15:06 am »

Trust me he has a lot more than that :nometalk:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:42:30 am »

I thought the other names were a bit more telling. Nick Loeb of Lehman Brothers for example. His family was the founders of Lehman Brothers. Robert Lapidus, shady NY real estate developer embroiled in lawsuits.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:16 am »
I thought the other names were a bit more telling. Nick Loeb of Lehman Brothers for example. His family was the founders of Lehman Brothers. Robert Lapidus, shady NY real estate developer embroiled in lawsuits.

Heidi Cruz was an employee of Goldman Sachs which made Ted Cruz a lackey of Goldman Sachs, but a Trump PAC supported by a member of the founding family of Lehman Bros does NOT make Trump a Lehman Bros lackey?  Talk about pretzel logic.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »
Heidi Cruz was an employee of Goldman Sachs which made Ted Cruz a lackey of Goldman Sachs, but a Trump PAC supported by a member of the founding family of Lehman Bros does NOT make Trump a Lehman Bros lackey?  Talk about pretzel logic.
Its the difference between a beggar with his hat in his hand and a Conductor of a fully functioning train taking on passengers.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:30:13 pm »
Trump's ties to the New York real estate community have been documented for a long time. It should come as no surprise that they're getting into the SuperPAC game.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 12:31:11 pm »
Its the difference between a beggar with his hat in his hand and a Conductor of a fully functioning train taking on passengers.
So it's OK because he's rich, but a working class candidate trying to compete fairly gets slandered?

So only rich people are allowed to run for President? Is that what you're saying here?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »
So it's OK because he's rich, but a working class candidate trying to compete fairly gets slandered?

So only rich people are allowed to run for President? Is that what you're saying here?
Name one of the political office holders you support that is not a lawyer?
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »
To answer your question, Scott Walker is one example, but are you going to answer my question?

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:06 pm »

Donald Trump contributed to Ted Cruz's PAC.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 12:59:43 pm »

What does an office holder's profession have to do with anything?
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 01:01:42 pm »

Why, of course it's different.  Trump is the ultimate magic alpha god, LOL. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 01:02:36 pm »

Better a lawyer than a gameshow host.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »
Better a lawyer than a gameshow host.

Hillary is a lawyer.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 01:37:06 pm »
To answer your question, Scott Walker is one example, but are you going to answer my question?
I like Walker, but hes a millionaire which does not help your position and had a very rich PAC to fund his run. 

As far as your question. As long as The democrats can mount a billion dollar campaign it will take money to run competitively. If for no other reason then to buy media access. Where Trump did it different was he could afford to fund the Primary with his own money and then from a position of strength charge the usual puppet masters to ride on his train. None of the People you alluded too lacked millions for the race but it was OPM not their own and thus they were the employees not the bosses.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »
Why, of course it's different.  Trump is the ultimate magic alpha god, LOL.
Of course its vastly different. Cruz was a beggar/willing servant in trouble needing help to campaign. He was not in charge and was beholden to his Financiers. Trump, by self funding and winning the Primary is in the position of the conductor of a train charging people to ride it. 

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 01:59:05 pm »

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers.  Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

Being a lawyer, does not make one a bad choice for elected office, being a big government statist does.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »
Hillary is a lawyer.

I won't be supporting either of them.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »
Of course its vastly different. Cruz was a beggar/willing servant in trouble needing help to campaign. He was not in charge and was beholden to his Financiers. Trump, by self funding and winning the Primary is in the position of the conductor of a train charging people to ride it.

I've seen that same kind of talk from Trump fans on twitter just before they scream, "You WILL bend the knee to Trump."

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 02:30:57 pm »
I've seen that same kind of talk from Trump fans on twitter just before they scream, "You WILL bend the knee to Trump."

Please refrain....this isn't twitter, facebook, etc.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »
Please refrain....this isn't twitter, facebook, etc.

I don't see why either should be considered off limits.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »
I like Walker, but hes a millionaire which does not help your position and had a very rich PAC to fund his run. 

As far as your question. As long as The democrats can mount a billion dollar campaign it will take money to run competitively. If for no other reason then to buy media access. Where Trump did it different was he could afford to fund the Primary with his own money and then from a position of strength charge the usual puppet masters to ride on his train. None of the People you alluded too lacked millions for the race but it was OPM not their own and thus they were the employees not the bosses.
I don't know where you get this garbage.   Scott Walker is estimated to have a net worth of about $80,000.  For Pete's sake, he still has a mountain of student loan debt.
Former Republican.