Author Topic: Trump: “You can throw free trade out the window.”  (Read 4461 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump: “You can throw free trade out the window.”
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:43:46 pm »
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/02/trump-can-throw-free-trade-window./

Trump: “You can throw free trade out the window.” (VIDEO)

By: Leon H. Wolf (Diary)  |  May 2nd, 2016 at 09:32 PM  |  49

This is why Donald Trump is happening to America. It isn’t because the GOP betrayed their principles, and it isn’t because conservative pundits demanded too much of Republicans in Congress. It’s because, as a movement, we forgot the need to educate people on why the things Donald Trump says in this clip are absolute and total nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvULuxcxXhM

The problem is that conservatives got arrogant on their own success. The last 20 years have seen an unprecedented level of success for the GOP, electorally speaking. We started taking it for granted that people just believed in conservative economic ideals and the free market, and we forgot that it takes nearly constant reminders and education to the public to convince them that it is almost always a bad idea for the government to monkey with the market in any way.

We forgot what a siren call it was for people to hear, “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” We forgot that people will always look to their immediate interest to the detriment of their remote interest, if you don’t constantly remind them of how the one affects the other. And so this guy, Trump, comes along and spews absolute nonsense and we can’t understand why people are taking him seriously.

I’m starting to understand that it’s a massive failure of education throughout the system, and it’s something that will have to be addressed – if it’s not already too late.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Trump: “You can throw free trade out the window.”
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:45:55 pm »
RedState lies. Not worth the read.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
Nope not here they don't. Red State is nothing but facts here. They tell us so, very often.  :smokin:   :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:53:08 pm »

So you think Trump's own words are lies, too?

Come to think of it, you're right.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 11:55:43 pm »
Leon, tell us what you find deplorable about fair trade?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 11:56:32 pm »

The video of Trump speaking more than illustrates the fact that Trump and Bernie Sanders are identical on the issue of Free Trade: they both have said in essence that it needs to go because markets only work when people they deem as "smart" are in charge of regulating it.

For Bernie - it is the government bureaucracy of oligarchs - for Trump….. well, we don't know who Trump thinks is 'smart people' to run the market.

But both of them think that we are too stupid to run the market without 'smarter people' regulating it for us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 12:01:44 am »
But both of them think that we are too stupid to run the market without 'smarter people' regulating it for us.

Well, Bernie's may be going for regulations. 

But Donald Trump is exchanging "fair" trade with smart trade through negotiations that protect and advance US economic/jobs interests. I'm cheering that and saying: "about damn time!'   :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:05:07 am »
Well, Bernie's may be going for regulations. 

But Donald Trump is exchanging "fair" trade with smart trade through negotiations that protect and advance US economic/jobs interests. I'm cheering that and saying: "about damn time!'   :patriot:

So all that tariff stuff was just bullshit?  Now it's "negotiations."  Everything is up for grabs with Trump, including that "virtual" wall and those "virtual" deportations.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 12:06:35 am »
So all that tariff stuff was just bullshit?  Now it's "negotiations."  Everything is up for grabs with Trump, including that "virtual" wall and those "virtual" deportations.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 12:09:53 am »
:spam2:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:11:52 am »
Wow, two meaningless posts in a row.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 12:18:36 am »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:19:09 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 12:19:44 am »
Were the words too big?   :pondering:

Couldn't read your messy handwriting.

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 12:20:20 am »

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:03 am »
What is wrong with fair trade and putting the USA ahead of all other nations in trade negotiations?

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 12:55:57 am »
What is wrong with fair trade and putting the USA ahead of all other nations in trade negotiations?
I do not see anything wrong with it..............oh wait I am a Trump fan, so I must be wrong.  :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 01:01:57 am »
Tonight at a fundraiser for Christie:

Trump: "A lot of you don't know the world of economics, and you shouldn't even bother. Don't worry, leave it to me."

Plus he told him "No more Oreos for you Chris." 

Trump always feels bigger when he can make someone else feel small.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 01:05:11 am »
Leon, tell us what you find deplorable about fair trade?

Life isn't fair cupcake.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 01:14:08 am »

Trump: "A lot of you don't know the world of economics, and you shouldn't even bother. Don't worry, leave it to me."

Did he take away the glass of milk too from Christie? WTH is wrong with no longer supporting a business that is moving to Mexico?  I know I won't be buying them anymore. I must admit, haven't bought them in many years.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 01:18:53 am »
Did he take away the glass of milk too from Christie? WTH is wrong with no longer supporting a business that is moving to Mexico?  I know I won't be buying them anymore. I must admit, haven't bought them in many years.

Of course.  You Trumpkins excuse ANYTHING Trump says.  Now you're OK with him trashing American businesses by name and calling for boycotts. 

That's disgraceful. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:19:07 am »
I do not see anything wrong with it..............oh wait I am a Trump fan, so I must be wrong.  :pondering:

That is what Obama says too...
    Now, one of the things that I talked about during the State of the Union address (2012) was making America more competitive in the global economy. The good news is that we have the best workers and the best businesses in the world. They turn out the best products. And when the playing field is level, they’ll always be able to compete and succeed against every other country on Earth.

But the key is to make sure that the playing field is level. And frankly, sometimes it’s not.

"Fair trade" was, and still is, a dog whistle for liberals.  :doglick:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 01:27:05 am »
That is what Obama says too...
"Fair trade" was, and still is, a dog whistle for liberals.  :doglick:

Exactly. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 01:31:26 am »

Because TAXING the American consumer (aka: TARIFFS) to benefit Unions and political cronies and their lobbyists for campaign cash so as to ostensibly 'punish' foreign markets is NOT 'free trade'.

Neither is publicly decreeing that you will punish companies that operate overseas, make their products in the USA and/or whom don't meet certain quotas the king or the Oligarchy deigns to apply to them as a coercive measure to achieve compliance with political goals "free trade".

We already HAVE thousands of tariffs and punitive taxes on products and companies.  Anyone bother to ask why US sugar prices are the highest on the planet and why???

What is wrong with the Trumpian calls of 'fair trade' is that Isolationist Protectionism in the name of putting the USA 'ahead' is not Capitalism or the 'free market'.   Those are the tools of Central Planners and big government fascists.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:32:03 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 01:37:14 am »

:spam2: