Author Topic: TRUMP'S PROBLEM WITH WOMEN  (Read 967 times)

Offline Mechanicos

TRUMP'S PROBLEM WITH WOMEN
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »
TRUMP'S PROBLEM WITH WOMEN

May 18, 2016

The New York Times' front-page article last Saturday on Donald J. Trump's dealings with women forced me into a weekend of self-examination. As much as I support Trump, this isn't a cult of personality. He's not Mao, Kim Jong-un or L. Ron Hubbard. We can like our candidates, but still acknowledge their flaws. No one's perfect.

I admit there are some things about Trump that give me pause. I'm sure these will come out eventually, so I'm just going to list them.

First -- and this is corroborated by five contemporaneous witnesses -- in 1978, Trump violently raped Juanita Broaddrick in a Little Rock, Arkansas, hotel room, then, as he was leaving, looked at her bloody lip and said, "Better put some ice on that" -- oh wait, I'm terribly sorry. Did I say Trump? I didn't mean Trump, I meant Bill Clinton.

Hang on -- here we go! Knowing full well about Bill Clinton's proclivity to sexually assault women, about three weeks after that rape, Trump cornered Broaddrick at a party and said, pointedly, "I just want you to know how much Bill and I appreciate the things you do for him. Do you understand? Everything you do."

No! My mistake! That wasn't Trump either. That was Hillary Clinton. ... But this next one I'm sure was Trump.

In the early 1990s, Trump invited a young female staffer to his hotel room at the Excelsior Hotel in Little Rock, dropped his pants and said, "Kiss it" -- WAIT A SECOND!

I don't know how this keeps happening. That was Bill Clinton. Please bear with me -- it's late at night and my notes are jumbled.

As CEO of an organization, Trump had a female employee, just months out of her teens, perform oral sex on him while he made business calls. That girl's name was Monica Lewin-- No! Wrong again! That was Bill Clinton, too! Please don't stop reading. Let me find my Trump notes ...

What I meant was that Trump was the one who later smeared that girl as a delusional stalker. She may have volunteered for the sex -- at around age 20 -- but Monica Lewinsky didn't volunteer to be slandered! And yet this fiend, this user-of-women, this retrograde misogynist, Donald Trump, deployed his journalist friends, like Sidney Blumenthal, to spread rumors that Monica was a stalker, trying to blackmail the president.

Oh, boy -- this is embarrassing. This must seem very sloppy. That wasn't Trump either; it was Hillary Clinton.

There must be something here that was Trump ... Here! I have one.

When an attractive woman desperately in need of a job came to Trump's office in 1993, instead of helping, he lunged at her, kissed her on the mouth, grabbed her breast and put her hand on his genitals. He later told a mistress that the claim was absurd because the woman, Kathleen Willey, had such small breasts.

Uh-oh -- you're not going to believe this, but -- yep, that was Bill Clinton.

This one, I'm sure was Trump. In January 1992, Trump went on "60 Minutes" to slime nightclub singer Gennifer Flowers, knowing full well she was telling the truth. He implied she belonged in a loony bin, telling millions of viewers "every time she called, distraught ... she said sort of wacky things."

Dammit! I don't know how this keeps happening. That wasn't Trump! That was Hillary, smearing one of her husband's sexual conquests.

Let's just go back to the Times' story, based on months of investigation and interviews with hundreds of women. I'll give it to you straight: When Trump was at the New York Military Academy as a teenager, one person who knew him said -- and this is corroborated by two other witnesses: "Donald was extremely sensitive to whether or not the women he invited to campus were pretty."

I almost threw up reading that. I am physically ill.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-05-18.html#read_more

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

Re: TRUMP'S PROBLEM WITH WOMEN
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:51:42 pm »
The lack of #neverTrump response here indicates the Democrat script writers for the tiny group of neocons cannot come up with a good talking point to counter the message.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »
The lack of #neverTrump response here indicates the Democrat script writers for the tiny group of neocons cannot come up with a good talking point to counter the message.

Actually those of us who see Trump as he really is know that there is nothing we can do to change the minds of Trump's minions.  Trump's words and deeds speak for themselves.  He is a misogynistic pig who has no respect for women as a whole.  He can't change.  He doesn't want to change.  And it's going to cost him in the fall.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 03:09:50 pm »
Actually those of us who see Trump as he really is know that there is nothing we can do to change the minds of Trump's minions.  Trump's words and deeds speak for themselves.  He is a misogynistic pig who has no respect for women as a whole.  He can't change.  He doesn't want to change.  And it's going to cost him in the fall.
As this article hints at the Democrat's "war-on-women" & the "Trump-is-a-sex-fiend" talking points are more damaging to the Democrats if played and thus negated for the general. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 03:10:09 pm »

Coulter has no message.  She merely emotes. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 03:39:56 pm »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »

This little interchange is a precursor to what we will see in the General campaign.   Hillary's minions in the MSM - fairly or most likely unfairly - will poke at Trump's vulnerabilities and Trump will strike back in a reflexive, counterproductive way.

New York Times:  "Trump has longstanding issues with women in his personal and business life ..."

Donald Trump:   "At least I haven't protected a spouse who is a well known rapist like my opponent."

There is no-one around him with the courage and/or standing to wisely manage his public persona and message.   The "loose cannon" approach obviously has its constituency but at some point he's going to have to develop some self control because the Clinton mob and their media lackeys are going to hit him with every dirty trick in the book. 

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:15 pm »
As this article hints at the Democrat's "war-on-women" & the "Trump-is-a-sex-fiend" talking points are more damaging to the Democrats if played and thus negated for the general.

Keep telling yourself that. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 05:51:50 pm »
This little interchange is a precursor to what we will see in the General campaign.   Hillary's minions in the MSM - fairly or most likely unfairly - will poke at Trump's vulnerabilities and Trump will strike back in a reflexive, counterproductive way.

New York Times:  "Trump has longstanding issues with women in his personal and business life ..."

Donald Trump:   "At least I haven't protected a spouse who is a well known rapist like my opponent."

Counterproductive?  This exchange was directed at one and only one person:  BJ's bride.  The message:  Stop the BS stories on me about women, or we're going to the mattresses and we're not afraid to say "rape".  Neither will the women we put in front of the camera and all over social media. 

No one has had the sheer guts to so directly take on the Clinton machine. 

GO TRUMP!!!!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:00:19 pm »
Trump's problem isn't that he objectifies women, it's that he's a would-be fascist.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 06:05:07 pm »
Trump's problem isn't that he objectifies women, it's that he's a would-be fascist.

That's merely your opinion.  I've got one too, and it's nothing like yours.  Opinions are not facts.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:49 pm »
Counterproductive?  This exchange was directed at one and only one person:  BJ's bride.  The message:  Stop the BS stories on me about women, or we're going to the mattresses and we're not afraid to say "rape".  Neither will the women we put in front of the camera and all over social media. 

GO TRUMP!!!!

LOL!  Trump has nothing but his personal attacks. His "Little Marco" and "Lyin' Ted" memes.  Now it's "Crooked Hillary."  Ad hominems. 

Trump HAS to keep up the slams on Bill because it's all he's got.  He can't talk issues or policy so he has to resort to going after Hillary personally. 

It is already painfully obvious that Trump is simply hoping to make it through the show without America discovering that he knows basically nothing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 06:22:58 pm »
LOL!  Trump has nothing but his personal attacks. His "Little Marco" and "Lyin' Ted" memes.  Now it's "Crooked Hillary."  Ad hominems. 

Trump HAS to keep up the slams on Bill because it's all he's got.  He can't talk issues or policy so he has to resort to going after Hillary personally. 

It is already painfully obvious that Trump is simply hoping to make it through the show without America discovering that he knows basically nothing.

He criticized Hillary's job as SOS:

Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton 'killed hundreds of thousands of people with her stupidity'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-killed-164147972.html

He's called her evil and what she probably did with the emails as probably criminal.

Now I wonder who knows nothing.  :nono:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
Other than Hillary's SOS gig; I'm not sure if one can point to that many credentials that she has had, legislation passed? Very little actual can one see that she has accomplished except getting her SOS job because she was married to Bill.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 06:39:54 pm »

GO TRUMP!!!!

Again, my concern is that Trump's attacks are borne of pique, not of any strategic purpose.

Case in point:   Scott Walker had the audacity to endorse and stump for Cruz so Trump goes in front of an anti-Walker UAW crowd in Janesville and trashes the hard won accomplishments of Walker and the GOP legislature in that state.   He did it purely in petulance without any forethought to how Ron Johnson and every Pubbie Legislator up for re-election this Fall were going to face attacks from their Dem opponents using the words of the presumptive GOP nominee.    "See, even their candidate for President thinks Walker and the Wisconsin GOP are anti-worker extremists."

He can't keep making these strategic mistakes.  A 42% plurality who consider the political process a WWE event might win the open GOP primary process but it sure isn't going to bring him across the finish line in the General.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:41:41 pm by ArneFufkin »

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 07:09:58 pm »

Words and deeds? Like these??????? I doubt you'll read any of it, but some who are interested in actually learning something may.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/why-donald-trump-is-a-feminist/

There are two ways to fight for women’s rights: in deed and in word. The “in deed” component might be called “policy feminism.” This involves equality as it is put into action, such as when supporting proposals that require equal pay for equal work. On this, Trump is well ahead of the curve. In the 1980s, Trump put a woman in charge of a construction project — something that was not done in those days. In a 2015 CNN interview, attorney Michael Cohen produced numbers from the Trump organization which demonstrate that there are more female executives (than male executives) in the firm, and a large number of these women “are paid more.” Cohen invited CNN to pour over the company’s internal books.

“Trump is not a gender-based payer,” Cohen said. “He is a performance-based payer, meaning if you do the job, he doesn’t care if your name is Mary or if it is Joe.” Cohen challenged the other presidential candidates to open their campaign books so the media could scrutinize numbers related to female advancement and pay. No one has taken him up on the challenge.

This brings me to the second way to fight for women’s rights, which I call “verbal feminism.” This is where critics say Trump falters. I contend he fares much better than the other presidential candidates.

Trump speaks in the same direct way to both females and males. He is gender neutral when it comes to words. He is an equal opportunity critic. He does not speak as if women are weak or pathetic or need to be protected. He does not spare them from toughness or curse words. They are equals. They are strong. Because our culture is entrenched in inequality, most folks cannot compute this. They only know that Trump’s language is contrary to the status quo and political correctness.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/why-donald-trump-is-a-feminist/#ixzz4988hEHqy

Trump has contributed nearly a million dollars to the Republican party.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20239470,00.html

Donald Trump doesn't just have the golden touch for business – he also has a heart of gold.

The real-estate mogul has been housing Jennifer Hudson and some of her relatives at the Trump International Hotel & Tower free of charge.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/donald-trump-quietly-helped-marine-whom-obama-ignored/

Donald Trump Quietly Helped Marine Whom Obama Ignored

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/donald-trump-quietly-helped-marine-whom-obama-ignored/#ixzz4987Jep4l

Offline RedHead

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »
Words and deeds? Like these???????

No more like his comments towards and about women.  Trump is a man who can come to respect women as individuals but who has no respect for woman as a gender.  He objectifies women.  Is concerned with outward appearances above everything else. 

A-Lert

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 07:20:23 pm »
No more like his comments towards and about women.  Trump is a man who can come to respect women as individuals but who has no respect for woman as a gender.  He objectifies women.  Is concerned with outward appearances above everything else.

But you said words and deeds, didn't you?

Trump speaks in the same direct way to both females and males. He is gender neutral when it comes to words. He is an equal opportunity critic. He does not speak as if women are weak or pathetic or need to be protected. He does not spare them from toughness or curse words. They are equals. They are strong. Because our culture is entrenched in inequality, most folks cannot compute this. They only know that Trump’s language is contrary to the status quo and political correctness.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:04 pm »
But you said words and deeds, didn't you?

The words are there.  As are the deeds.

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »
The words are there.  As are the deeds.

So what is it exactly that offends you?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 08:46:56 pm »
Again, my concern is that Trump's attacks are borne of pique, not of any strategic purpose.

Okay, I respect that concern.  I just don't agree with it.  It's all strategic for Trump--and successfully so.   :shrug: