Author Topic: White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 37% - Rasmussen  (Read 711 times)

HAPPY2BME

White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 37% - Rasmussen
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Donald Trump has now grown his lead over Hillary Clinton in Rasmussen Reports’ first weekly White House Watch survey.

Trump earns 42% support to Clinton’s 37% when Likely U.S. Voters are asked whom they would vote for if the presidential election were held today. But Rasmussen Reports’ latest national telephone survey finds that 13% prefer some other candidate, while seven percent (7%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

HAPPY2BME

Re: White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 37% - Rasmussen
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:44:31 pm »
NeoCon Acres is about to be evicted.

It will burn like a cinder box.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »
NeoCon Acres is about to be evicted.

It will burn like a cinder box.

It may be a lot to ask of a Trumpist, but you may wish to more carefully select your choice of words.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:32 pm »
Nate Silver ranks Rasmussen as among the worst national pollsters in the country with a very heavy Republican bias:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/pollster-ratings/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 03:24:46 pm »

It must not be a good poll, for it does not give the answer favored by #nevertrump argument addicts.

The difference of course is that Nate can admit when he is wrong.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 03:27:33 pm »
Nate Silver ranks Rasmussen as among the worst national pollsters in the country with a very heavy Republican bias:

Nate Silver of five thirty eight predicted Trump had a 5 % chance of winning the Nomination.

:huh?:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »

That's an out of date article your citing. While there was some statistical truth to Silver's analysis of Rasmussen at the time, it is no longer true. Rasmussen itself understood that its methodology was flawed and has since changed its sampling formula  and polling process. So Rasmussen current screening is not comparable to what Silver criticized back in 2014, Rasmussen saw its own shortcomings and adjusted accordingly.

You can add this one to the Foxnews poll that just came out and its pretty darn clear that there is a VERY strong polling trend in favor of Trump...and it appears has moved into a small lead over Mrs. Clinton. Rather astounding considering he was recently behind by double digits AND faced a 70+ million dollar negative ad barrage from the NeverTrump/Cruz folks. He has overcome that, and is now aiming his focus on Clinton with powerful effect.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »
That's an out of date article your citing. While there was some statistical truth to Silver's analysis of Rasmussen at the time, it is no longer true. Rasmussen itself understood that its methodology was flawed and has since changed its sampling formula  and polling process. So Rasmussen current screening is not comparable to what Silver criticized back in 2014, Rasmussen saw its own shortcomings and adjusted accordingly.

You can add this one to the Foxnews poll that just came out and its pretty darn clear that there is a VERY strong polling trend in favor of Trump...and it appears has moved into a small lead over Mrs. Clinton. Rather astounding considering he was recently behind by double digits AND faced a 70+ million dollar negative ad barrage from the NeverTrump/Cruz folks. He has overcome that, and is now aiming his focus on Clinton with powerful effect.

We'll see.

When he's gone through his personal attacks and they have marginal effect, what's he going to do? 

Talk about issues?  He doesn't know anything about issues, and he can't possibly get up to speed fast enough by talking 70s foreign policy with 92 year old Henry Kissinger.

It's a show with you, and Trump is winning the show.  How effing shallow.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:01 pm »
We'll see.

When he's gone through his personal attacks and they have marginal effect, what's he going to do? 

Talk about issues?  He doesn't know anything about issues, and he can't possibly get up to speed fast enough by talking 70s foreign policy with 92 year old Henry Kissinger.

It's a show with you, and Trump is winning the show.  How effing shallow.

Actually, its very simple for me. I've served this country all my life, and I serve it still. I also have 3 daughters and a wifeand live close enough to our southern border that I see daily the havoc and security risk we currently are facing. The nation is not secure, both at the border...in our overseas interests...and in our efforts to face terrorism in the homeland. So my concerns are not in my opinion shallow, rather they are centered on keeping this country and our families safe and prosperous. It saddens me that a fellow conservative would find that to be lacking in depth or value.

Because of all that, the issue I care most about is keeping this nation safe from its enemies, symmetrical and asymmetrical. Donald Trump is the best man for that job, not because of his extensive background in foreign affairs, but because he understands the old Reagan doctrine of peace through strength...and because he falls into the Pat Buchanon American-first/avoid foreign entanglements philosophy. A little bluster and bravado from a president is exactly what our enemies need to see, and I'm comfortable that that bluster will be accompanied by a VERY calculated use of force in our defense. Further, securing the border is step one in our domestic security, and nobody is as strong as Donald on that issue.

So the only "show" I'm aware of is the one you put on every day at this site....and you are correct that it is an "effing shallow" one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:49:27 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:39 pm »
Actually, its very simple for me. I've served this country all my life, and I serve it still. I also have 3 daughters and a wifeand live close enough to our southern border that I see daily the havoc and security risk we currently are facing. The nation is not secure, both at the border...in our overseas interests...and in our efforts to face terrorism in the homeland. So my concerns are not in my opinion shallow, rather they are centered on keeping this country and our families safe and prosperous. It saddens me that a fellow conservative would find that to be lacking in depth or value.

Because of all that, the issue I care most about is keeping this nation safe from its enemies, symmetrical and asymetrical. Donald Trump is the best man for that job, not because of his extensive background in foreign affairs, but because he understands the old Reagan doctrine of peace through strength...and because he falls into the Pat Buchanon American-first/avoid foreign entanglements philosophy. A little bluster and bravado from a president is exactly what our enemies need to see, and I'm comfortable that that bluster will be accompanied by a VERY calculated use of force in our defense. Further, securing the border is step one in our domestic security, and nobody is as strong as Donald on that issue.

So the only "show" I'm aware of is the one you put on every day at this site....and you are correct that it is an "effing shallow" one.

Bluster.  Buchanan was bluster and Trump is bluster.  Trump isn't steeped enough in history and diplomacy to not go off half-cocked.  He just said at some Christie fundraiser:  "I'm 100% sure that plane was blown out of the sky."  If it wasn't, he's going to look mighty foolish.

You like that kind of stuff. I think it's ridiculous and immature.  But, I guess Republican voters are into ridiculous and immature.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 11:55:06 pm »
OK......give shillary the lead over Trump.....great poll. Show otherwise. Poll is cr7p. Got it!  Memo to be given out to all Trump people soon.  :seeya:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 11:58:22 pm »

Because of all that, the issue I care most about is keeping this nation safe from its enemies, symmetrical and asymmetrical. Donald Trump is the best man for that job, not because of his extensive background in foreign affairs, but because he understands the old Reagan doctrine of peace through strength...and because he falls into the Pat Buchanon American-first/avoid foreign entanglements philosophy. A little bluster and bravado from a president is exactly what our enemies need to see, and I'm comfortable that that bluster will be accompanied by a VERY calculated use of force in our defense. Further, securing the border is step one in our domestic security, and nobody is as strong as Donald on that issue.

goopo    :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 12:02:59 am »
OK......give shillary the lead over Trump.....great poll. Show otherwise. Poll is cr7p. Got it!  Memo to be given out to all Trump people soon.  :seeya:

In fact, the just released NYT/CBS poll does give the lead to Hillary, 47-41.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll.html?_r=0

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 12:05:56 am »

To borrow from Franklin, anyone who would give up their liberties for a little bit of security deserves neither.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 12:07:44 am »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/20/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-poll.html?_r=0
WOW a NYT/CBS poll favoring the democrat...

:mauslaff: 000hehehehe :spam2:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:40 am »
Here's a Rasmussen headline in 2012:

Wondering why Rasmussen hides its demographics behind a paywall.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 12:41:29 am »
Here's a Rasmussen headline in 2012:

Wondering why Rasmussen hides its demographics behind a paywall.
:spam2:

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 12:42:58 am »

Really sink? Now you are good with the NYT's?    :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:16 am »
I see how it is. Hype the polls you like, bash the ones you don't.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 12:57:00 am »

Go up the thread and click on Nate Silver's ranking.  The NYT/CBS polling group gets an A; Rasmussen gets a C-.

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 01:04:50 am »
Go up the thread and click on Nate Silver's ranking.  The NYT/CBS polling group gets an A; Rasmussen gets a C-.
No..............not going to NYT's site. Why don't you post info here so i can read it here?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 01:08:24 am »
No..............not going to NYT's site. Why don't you post info here so i can read it here?

Here's some info:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 01:15:09 am »
Nate Silver gave Trump a 5 percent chance of winning the nomination and is a #neverTrumper, no sale
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:16:00 am by Mechanicos »

Offline flowers

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 01:53:45 am »
Nate Silver gave Trump a 5 percent chance of winning the nomination and is a #neverTrumper, no sale
Gee another time #neverTrumper, Cruzskin wrong.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 04:47:04 pm »
To borrow from Franklin, anyone who would give up their liberties for a little bit of security deserves neither.

I've given up no liberties, nor will I. I practice all of my constitutional rights to include open carry here in AZ. Those rights will only be endangered by a "Clinton" court, as we know an excellent sampling of who occupy a Trump Court. So the best way for ALL of us to continue securing ourrights is for Mr. Trump to defeat Mrs. Clinton...something every conservative with an ounce of intelligence should be able to see at this point. There are only 2 choices now...one secures all our rights, they other is quite clear that she will take them away. It doesn't take a genius to see which way to go.