Author Topic: Donald Trump is Already Walking Back His Supreme Court List  (Read 6965 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://theresurgent.com/donald-trump-is-already-walking-back-his-supreme-court-list/

Donald Trump is Already Walking Back His Supreme Court List

By Erick Erickson  |  May 19, 2016, 09:56am

Every single thing Donald Trump says, everything, comes with an expiration date. Usually that expiration date comes in the next clause of the same sentence. Sometimes it comes at the end of the day.

Yesterday afternoon, Trump released a list of conservatives he intended to put on the Supreme Court. Then his campaign clarified that it was only for Antonin Scalia’s seat. By last night? Trump says he may have someone else in mind.

Trump is the Cinderella candidate. At midnight, all that glitters turns to smashed pumpkins and mice.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Donald Trump is Already Walking Back His Supreme Court List
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »
Spins like this are why #neverTrump is fast becoming a joke.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:42 pm »
Obfuscation, Trump be thy name  ****sheep****
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:44 pm »
How anyone can support Donald Trump for any elected office is beyond my comprehension!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
Where is the surprise in that?

Offline kjam22

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:14:20 pm »

It means his team is disjointed.   Some one made the list.  It was released, and now some other advisor is trying to change it.   Internal politics and his campaign can't even manage that.  How the heck is he going to manage real world politics?   He's not... it will be a yuge disaster.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »
NO surprise! He's done it all his life.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 02:22:42 pm »
I  actually listened to that portion of Hannity's infomercial for Trump. when Trump read off the list, he sounded like he was reading the names for the first time.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 02:25:10 pm »
I  actually listened to that portion of Hannity's infomercial for Trump. when Trump read off the list, he sounded like he was reading the names for the first time.
He probably was. He has minions to do all his work for him.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:25:54 pm »
How anyone can support Donald Trump for any elected office is beyond my comprehension!

When you consider the alternative, he looks quite good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »

"Here, drink this sewer water because drinking nuclear waste is worse."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:30 pm »
It means his team is disjointed.   Some one made the list.  It was released, and now some other advisor is trying to change it.   Internal politics and his campaign can't even manage that.  How the heck is he going to manage real world politics?   He's not... it will be a yuge disaster.....

It is a campaign that tries to be all things to all people.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:28:19 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:39 pm »
I see real alternative in Darrell Castle, Constitution Party.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »
It means his team is disjointed.   Some one made the list.  It was released, and now some other advisor is trying to change it.   Internal politics and his campaign can't even manage that.

It also means that Donald Trump has been completely checked out of following simple government civics his entire life and is only now discovering the branches of government.  For a man his age to be ignorant of the title of Senate Majority Leader, it should disqualify him as a serious Presidential option in the minds of anyone paying attention.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kjam22

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 02:29:17 pm »

No... the alternative is "none of the above."   
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:11 pm »

Incompetence vs. self-serving competence?  Which is the one you consider looking quite good?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RedHead

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:29 pm »
Or equally bad.  Depends on what you view as conservative values. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 02:31:38 pm »

I do not doubt that for a second.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 02:33:21 pm »
I see real alternative in Darrell Castle, Constitution Party.

Castle is a good guy, but he won't win 1% of the vote.  This is a binary election in reality.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »
Or equally bad.  Depends on what you view as conservative values.

No, not even close.  Hillary is effectively guilty of murder.  She allowed our ambassador and several other Americans to be sodomized, killed and tortured.  She then blamed anything other than Islamic terrorism for their fate.  Trump may be guilty of a lot of things, but Trump is not guilty of murder.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:09 pm »
Incompetence vs. self-serving competence?  Which is the one you consider looking quite good?

If you can't see the difference, you are Ready For Hillary.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:41 pm »
Castle is a good guy, but he won't win 1% of the vote.  This is a binary election in reality.
Well...all the more reason to push him, so he can get more. if everyone that is anti Trum or anti Hillary went for Castle, he'd get a lot of votes. When it gets thrown into the House for a lack of 270 Electoral College votes, Ryan will have an alternative to Trump.

When you look at the polls, the ONLY one over 50% is Bernie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:39:12 pm by RetBobbyMI »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 02:38:05 pm »
I saw an amazing poll last night, it had both Trump beating HIllary, and Gary Johnson up to double digits.

Gary Johnson is looking like an increasingly attractive choice. I just cannot get over my doubts about Trump and Trump isn't helping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »
I saw an amazing poll last night, it had both Trump beating HIllary, and Gary Johnson up to double digits.

Gary Johnson is looking like an increasingly attractive choice. I just cannot get over my doubts about Trump and Trump isn't helping.

Maybe that's because everything Trump says has an expiration date!  http://theresurgent.com/donald-trump-is-already-walking-back-his-supreme-court-list/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 02:43:21 pm »
Maybe that's because everything Trump says has an expiration date!  http://theresurgent.com/donald-trump-is-already-walking-back-his-supreme-court-list/

Trump's promises come pre-broken.