Author Topic: Potential Trump high court nominee mocked him on Twitter  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Potential Trump high court nominee mocked him on Twitter
« on: May 19, 2016, 06:14:39 am »
A Texas judge identified by Donald Trump on Wednesday as one of 11 people he would consider nominating to the U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly mocked the presumptive Republican presidential nominee on social media.

Texas Supreme Court Justice Don Willett last month likened Trump to "Star Wars" villain Darth Vader in a Twitter post.

"'We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it.' —Darth Trump," Willett tweeted last month with a photo of the Death Star, the giant spherical spaceship built to carry a planet-destroying weapon in the first "Star Wars" movie.

Willett also linked Trump to liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

"Can't wait till Trump rips off his face Mission Impossible-style & reveals a laughing Ruth Bader Ginsburg," Willett posted on Twitter last August...

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-willett-idUSKCN0Y92UY
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Potential Trump high court nominee mocked him on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 01:12:15 pm »
Yet still Trump listed him.... Shows its Constitution not politics behind that list.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:38 pm »
Yet still Trump listed him.... Shows its Constitution not politics behind that list.

Do you really think Trump knows anything about the Constitution?

I have yet to hear him talk about our founding documents, or the principles of liberty and small government.

He can do a pretty lengthy monologue on hairspray, though.

Offline washi

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:31:35 pm »
Or, Trump simply wasn't aware of the mocking.
Now that he is, I wouldn't be surprised by a "counter-punch" insult or two from Trump.
He's not known for taking criticism or opposition well.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »
Or, Trump simply wasn't aware of the mocking.
Now that he is, I wouldn't be surprised by a "counter-punch" insult or two from Trump.
He's not known for taking criticism or opposition well.
Its not rational to assume Trump was not aware of it since a lot of prep time was spent preparing the list and social media review is SOP in any discovery process today...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »
Its not rational to assume Trump was not aware of it since a lot of prep time was spent preparing the list and social media review is SOP in any discovery process today...

The Heritage Foundation prepared the list.  I doubt if Trump gave it ten seconds of thought.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:41:55 pm »

You have to understand, to the refugee anti-Trump crowd, there is absolutely nothing Trump can do right. If Trump makes a promise, it's a lie. They complain and mock Trump supporters as being uninformed, baseless worshippers of Trump. And yet, many of the anti-Trump refugees conflate Trump with their poor treatment at TOS and their own emotional wounds, and carry that into an irrational contempt for any and all things related to Trump.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:43:32 pm by Relic »

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »
The Heritage Foundation prepared the list.  I doubt if Trump gave it ten seconds of thought.

If it's a good list, what is the problem?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »
Trump has staff that comb social media and look for anything with his name in it. It would be stupid to not at least put both Trump and the Judges name in a search engine... Nobody is saying Trump is stupid..

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:44:48 pm »
If it's a good list, what is the problem?

It's meaningless. Trump said it was a "guide."

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »

Actual wording was along the lines of its who he wants, if they are rejected he will propose more of them like on the list. Sorry #neverTrump you cannot spin it to a negative or say he was not serious of it.

Reality is there is no grantee anybody on that list will be confirmed by the Senate. So its an open list of more like those on the list. Its about the Conservative nature of the judges on the list.

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 01:50:36 pm »

You aren't exactly one of the new refugees, but you are in the category of "Trump can do no right" as I touched on in post #6.

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »

Actual wording was along the lines of its who he wants, if they are rejected he will propose more of them like on the list. Sorry #neverTrump you cannot spin it to a negative or say he was not serious of it.

Reality is there is no grantee anybody on that list will be confirmed by the Senate. So its an open list of more like those on the list. Its about the Conservative nature of the judges on the list.

Even Michael Medved gave Trump credit for this being a positive step.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:53:49 pm by Relic »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:03 pm »
You aren't exactly one of the new refugees, but you are in the category of "Trump can do no right" as I touched on in post #6.

I'm not Sink but the problem as far as I'm concerned is that I don't believe a thing Trump says about anything these days! And that is because his entire history of word and deed runs counter to what he is saying right now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 01:57:33 pm »
You have to understand, to the refugee anti-Trump crowd, there is absolutely nothing Trump can do right. If Trump makes a promise, it's a lie. They complain and mock Trump supporters as being uninformed, baseless worshippers of Trump. And yet, many of the anti-Trump refugees conflate Trump with their poor treatment at TOS and their own emotional wounds, and carry that into an irrational contempt for any and all things related to Trump.

And yet so many of the pro-trump people do nothing but mock and insult.   A rational discussion is quite difficult to find.

What exactly HAS Trump done right?   He's talked in generalities that we find out are mere suggestions.  He mocks, insults, ridicules ANYONE who disagrees with him.   He's lied in the most bizarre fashion about other candidates on numerous occassions.   He's simply a bizarre old man who gives us MANY reasons to doubt his authenticity.

We're still in the primaries.  He needs to tell us why he deserves our support.   Instead he mocks as do most of his 'supporters'.

So again, what exactly has he done thats positive?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:00 pm »

LOL..... someone else on his team made the list.  King Trumpy didn't even know who was on the thing.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
And yet so many of the pro-trump people do nothing but mock and insult.   A rational discussion is quite difficult to find.

What exactly HAS Trump done right?   He's talked in generalities that we find out are mere suggestions.  He mocks, insults, ridicules ANYONE who disagrees with him.   He's lied in the most bizarre fashion about other candidates on numerous occassions.   He's simply a bizarre old man who gives us MANY reasons to doubt his authenticity.

We're still in the primaries.  He needs to tell us why he deserves our support.   Instead he mocks as do most of his 'supporters'.

Well, this list is one thing. You know my stance, I have very little. My decision to vote Trump is based on him not being Hillary, and hoping that Trump stumbles onto doing some things right. I also think that opposition to Trump will be high, so that he'll be held in check by both parties. I think Hillary Clinton will continue in the foot steps of Obama, running roughshod over Congress, and America.

Your complaint of anti-Trump mocking is funny and unsettling. The pro Trump contingent here is very small, and seemingly smaller day by day. This place has become the anti-FR. I think you confuse being mocked and stifled at FR with what happens here. The refugees are strong in number, and unified in mocking all things Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »

Nothing he says can be believed.  Surely you know that by now.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 02:15:26 pm »

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for cogent answers to those questions if I were you.   :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:29 pm »
Nothing he says can be believed.  Surely you know that by now.

Isn't that true of politicians? Isn't the lack of matching word and deed by the GOP what gave rise to Trump?

Trump is not a good person. I just think, for all his flaws, he's a better person than Hillary Clinton.

And to all those saying it's time to not pick the lesser of two evils, really? Now? Lots of you wouldn't vote for a Mormon, that gave us 4 more years of Obama. How's that working for you?

Offline kjam22

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 02:24:51 pm »
Isn't that true of politicians? Isn't the lack of matching word and deed by the GOP what gave rise to Trump?

Trump is not a good person. I just think, for all his flaws, he's a better person than Hillary Clinton.

And to all those saying it's time to not pick the lesser of two evils, really? Now? Lots of you wouldn't vote for a Mormon, that gave us 4 more years of Obama. How's that working for you?

I voted for Romney against Obama.   I won't vote for King Trumpy.   I wouldn't vote for King Trumpy for any office.   I won't accept the mark of the beast either.   I put voting for King Trumpy and accepting the mark of the beast on similar ground.   Voting for King Trumpy means completely disavowing my beliefs and values.   
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Relic

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »
I voted for Romney against Obama.   I won't vote for King Trumpy.   I wouldn't vote for King Trumpy for any office.   I won't accept the mark of the beast either.   I put voting for King Trumpy and accepting the mark of the beast on similar ground.   Voting for King Trumpy means completely disavowing my beliefs and values.

So everyone you vote for represents you in thought, word and deed? You need whoever you vote for to be an embodiment of you?

Or, is it possible you're one of the emotionally wounded FR refugees? Your criticism for Trump was stifled and now it's boiled over?

Enjoy that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 02:31:03 pm »
Well, this list is one thing. You know my stance, I have very little. My decision to vote Trump is based on him not being Hillary, and hoping that Trump stumbles onto doing some things right. I also think that opposition to Trump will be high, so that he'll be held in check by both parties. I think Hillary Clinton will continue in the foot steps of Obama, running roughshod over Congress, and America.

Your complaint of anti-Trump mocking is funny and unsettling. The pro Trump contingent here is very small, and seemingly smaller day by day. This place has become the anti-FR. I think you confuse being mocked and stifled at FR with what happens here. The refugees are strong in number, and unified in mocking all things Trump.

A fair criticism.   You're the only "pro-trump" poster I've seen here that will admit Trump isn't perfect.   The two most outspoken pro will excuse ANYTHING Trump says or does.  IMO that has generated animosity and mistrust.

For goodness sake, Trump hopped on the  bandwagon saying that Cruz's father was involved with the JFK assassination.   Too bizarre for a rational Presidential candidate by orders of magnitude.  Yet the average  pro-trump person jump on board with the crazy talk.  You cannot be part of that and expect to be treated as a rational person.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 02:35:55 pm »
So everyone you vote for represents you in thought, word and deed? You need whoever you vote for to be an embodiment of you?

Or, is it possible you're one of the emotionally wounded FR refugees? Your criticism for Trump was stifled and now it's boiled over?

Enjoy that.

No, I didn't say everyone I vote for needs to be the embodiment of me.   But I did say that voting for King Trumpy requires me to disavow my belief system and my values.   Is that really difficult to understand?   Do you have values?   Are they deeply held?   Maybe you don't have any deeply held values that you would not violate?   I don't know.

As I said.... I put voting for King Trumpy and accepting the mark of the beast on pretty much equal grounds.  Is what it is....

My belief system and my values.... to me, and my integrity and conscience... to me..... are more important than who leads this country to downfall.