Author Topic: Trump On Cruz: ‘I Don’t Think He Has Much Of A Future’ In Politics  (Read 9493 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump On Cruz: ‘I Don’t Think He Has Much Of A Future’ In Politics

JAMIE WEINSTEIN
Senior Editor

9:16 PM 05/18/2016

Donald Trump’s view of Ted Cruz ‘s political future may be grimmer than he lets on in public.

On the night Trump all but clinched the Republican nomination, he spoke magnanimously of the Texas senator.

“You know, we started off with that 17 number and just so you understand Ted Cruz, I don’t know if he likes me or if he doesn’t like me, but he is one hell of a competitor,” Trump said in his victory speech from Trump Tower after winning Indiana’s Republican primary on May 3, forcing Cruz to withdraw from the race.

“He is a tough, smart guy and he has got an amazing future,” he added.

But in private, Trump expressed a different view of Cruz’s future, according to a New York Times Magazine profile of Trump and his inner circle. A day before his impressive victory in Indiana, Trump was on his plane watching Fox News pundits discuss Cruz’s political future on television.

“Standing in front of the oversize screen, Trump scoffed: ‘I don’t think he has much of a future,'” the Times reported.

Trump’s about face on Cruz’s political future 24-hours later may have been an attempt by the then presumptive GOP nominee to unite the party by coaxing Cruz, whose wife and father Trump harshly criticized during the campaign, into putting the brutal primary behind him and endorsing Trump. If so, Trump’s efforts to get Cruz to jump aboard the Trump Train have not been a tremendous success as of yet.

“We’ve got a lot of time until this election — two months until the convention, six months until the general election — and I’m going to be doing what I expect many voters will be doing, which is watching and listening to what the candidates have to say, to what they stand for, to how they conduct themselves,” Cruz told The Texas Tribune last weekend when asked whether he intended to endorse Trump.

In the meantime, Cruz is trying to forge ahead with the political future Trump doesn’t think he has. Last week, Cruz filed paperwork to run for re-election to his Senate seat in 2018. He also alluded to a 2020 presidential run in his interview with the Tribune.

“Time will tell,” Cruz said of another run

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/18/trump-on-cruz-i-dont-think-he-has-much-of-a-future-in-politics/#ixzz4942kuIFI
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Nasty and bitter to the very end.  This is why so many despise Trump.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

He will at least be in politics long enough to cast the deciding vote to convict an impeached pResident T-Rump.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump On Cruz: ‘I Don’t Think He Has Much Of A Future’ In Politics

Pretty sure Marie Antoinette thought filthy peasants would eat cake too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Trump is a vicious, vindictive hateful man.  He is so far beneath the office to which he aspires. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fantom

Yep.. trump is a real scumbag.

I'll have to say that Scam Wow is sealing the deal with me. Hillary is the lessor of two weasels.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:48:57 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

He will at least be in politics long enough to cast the deciding vote to convict an impeached pResident T-Rump.
:amen:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
From Twitter:

MichiganCruzer
‏@RichardJSunkle

Funny that no one is talking about the KY GOP caucus results. Trump gets 2 more delegates than Cruz. http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/kentucky

https://twitter.com/RichardJSunkle/status/733107467786309633

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Frank Cannon

This is what bitter Donny says when candidates drop out and don't lick his boots and call him "Mr Trump" like that fat slob Gov from Jersey and the unintelligible surgeon.

BTW, Donny. Hows that VP short list coming? I understand you can't find any solid people that want to have anything to do with you and your circus act.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This is what bitter Donny says when candidates drop out and don't lick his boots and call him "Mr Trump" like that fat slob Gov from Jersey and the unintelligible surgeon.

BTW, Donny. Hows that VP short list coming? I understand you can't find any solid people that want to have anything to do with you and your circus act.

I still think the GOP hands him Romney in exchange for their support at the convention a'la Reagan Bush.

Offline sinkspur

I still think the GOP hands him Romney in exchange for their support at the convention a'la Reagan Bush.

Not a chance.  I know you hate Romney, but he's not going to lick Trump's boots.

Offline Frank Cannon

One thing that Romney does have is principles. He isn't going to jump on the flaming turd called the Trump campaign any more than Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz will.

Donny set the building on fire and all the sensible people left. There is no one left to drag his wrinkled old can out of the disaster now.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Cruz will be around a lot longer then Trump to be a thorn in the side of McConnell.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
I before E except after C!

[Ted pays attention to details; not so with the Donald!]

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/733128160603168768

[attachment deleted by admin]
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Frank Cannon

Good catch.  Also, I don't know about you but that "I may be adding to the list" does not help me feel confident.  In other words, like everything else, the list is malleable.  Don Juan Flip Flopper Trump is not to be trusted.

Your right. I'll bet next week he will float a unity ticket. I hear John Edwards is free at the moment....

Offline Norm Lenhart

Not a chance.  I know you hate Romney, but he's not going to lick Trump's boots.

He did take a dive for Barry. Would you really think he wouldn't sign on for Trump if it got him into the White house? He ain't that honorable. Lets face it. Besides. It's not Romney doing the licking. It's the GOP. Romney in this scenario is the guy with the power.

Offline Norm Lenhart

One thing that Romney does have is principles. He isn't going to jump on the flaming turd called the Trump campaign any more than Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz will.

Donny set the building on fire and all the sensible people left. There is no one left to drag his wrinkled old can out of the disaster now.

Frank, the guy profits to this day from incinerating dead babies via Stericycle that his own laws helped create. What freaking principles does he have?

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank, the guy profits to this day from incinerating dead babies via Stericycle that his own laws helped create. What freaking principles does he have?

Well then....at least he is consistent.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Well then....at least he is consistent.

That he is.

A-Lert

LOL! You can always trust a "story" from Michelle Fields boyfriend, Jamie Weinstein!!  :laughingdog:

Offline Norm Lenhart

LOL! You can always trust a "story" from Michelle Fields boyfriend, Jamie Weinstein!!

Would that be like trusting Trump's suggestions? Cuz, you know, he proved his word means nothing. His spokesman even confirmed it.

A-Lert

Would that be like trusting Trump's suggestions? Cuz, you know, he proved his word means nothing. His spokesman even confirmed it.

All Weinstein needed to do was post the name of the person who supplied the alleged quote attributed to Trump. Has all the signs of another hit piece.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There are not enough words to describe how nasty, juvenile, narcissistic and despicable Trump is.

And he's a joke.  An absolute joke of a candidate.

I hope Something happens; anything... to keep him from being the nominee.

The joke is on us.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

A-Lert

There are not enough words to describe how nasty, juvenile, narcissistic and despicable Trump is.

And he's a joke.  An absolute joke of a candidate.

I hope Something happens; anything... to keep him from being the nominee.

The joke is on us.

The joke is on anyone gullible enough to believe an anti-Trump story written by Michelle Fields boyfriend, jamie Weinstein.

Offline OldSaltUSN

I guess that means that (circle one):

• Cruz responded to Carson's call in Trump's behalf, and he told Trump to stick his V.P. nomination where Melinia's sun don't shine.
  • Cruz is officially off Trump and Melinia's Christmas list.
  • Trump is down to one or two potential candidates for V.P., and Cruz is DEFINITELY the leading candidate.
  • Cruz is Trump's secret top nominee for the USSC (so naturally, Cruz's career in politics is over).
  • Trump has indigestion. 
  • No one knows, including Trump, what his suggestion meant.  But stay tuned, he'll let you know tomorrow, unless he changes his mind. 

As Trump says, "it's simple, it's really very simple.  Trump is just a very simple, uncomplicated man.  Leave Trump alone!

:screaming2: