Author Topic: New Mini-Turbine is Capable of Powering an Entire Town  (Read 925 times)

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
New Mini-Turbine is Capable of Powering an Entire Town
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:11:15 pm »

By itninja

15 May 2016
http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/05/new-mini-turbine-is-capable-of-powering-an-entire-town.html

. . .
The scientists from GE Global Research are now performing tests on a turbine that is approximately the size of a desk. But more interesting, is this mini-turbine has the capabilities of powering a small town of up to 10,000 homes.
. . .
While typical turbines are generally driven by steam, resulting in a much larger scale, this specific turbine is actually driven by what the researchers call supercritical carbon dioxide. This is highly pressurized, not to mention extremely hot. This supercritical carbon dioxide (C02) is capable of reaching temperatures of up to 700 degrees Celsius. The C02 is incredibly hot and under so much pressure, it will form a supercritical fluid. This supercritical fluid in neither a liquid or even a gas, in fact, it is both.
. . .
This article (New Mini-Turbine is Capable of Powering an Entire Town) is a free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and AnonHQ.com.

http://anonhq.com/

Sounds exciting to this layman.
I'd still prefer to see one of the 3-4 DIFFERENT purported "zero point" technologies produced--that could supposedly put a suitcase sized unit in every home and vehicle that would power them for a year for about $0.50.
However, if this new turbine improves efficiency and could be reasonably priced . . . great. Maybe a community of preppers could purchase one etc. etc.
Though I still suspect that Tesla Corp's Wall battery thing and solar cells might be a better way to go.
Assuming the Nation survives long enough for such to be readily available. LOL.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline uglybiker

Re: New Mini-Turbine is Capable of Powering an Entire Town
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 11:06:57 pm »
I'd like to see one that's the size of a toaster that will power 1 house.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:58:59 pm »
I remember when I heard about GE starting construction/testing of this unit. I think it was about 4-5 years ago. There was a small article in Power Magazine on it, and a bigger one about the results a month or two ago. It looks promising.

GE just released their test results from lab testing. It will take at least 10 years to see this commercialized. The manufacturing engineers will have to get a production line and procedures set up, and worst of all, they will have to go through reams of environmental crap first to get approval from our civil masters servants to put in commercial service. Can you imagine a globull warming indoctrinated EPA staffer demanding a CO2 containment building built to nuclear standards to prevent leakage of that "poison" to our pristine atmosphere?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:01:28 pm by Joe Wooten »

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:09:10 pm »
I remember when I heard about GE starting construction/testing of this unit. I think it was about 4-5 years ago. There was a small article in Power Magazine on it, and a bigger one about the results a month or two ago. It looks promising.

GE just released their test results from lab testing. It will take at least 10 years to see this commercialized. The manufacturing engineers will have to get a production line and procedures set up, and worst of all, they will have to go through reams of environmental crap first to get approval from our civil masters servants to put in commercial service. Can you imagine a globull warming indoctrinated EPA staffer demanding a CO2 containment building built to nuclear standards to prevent leakage of that "poison" to our pristine atmosphere?

I was thinking the same thing about the working fluid being CO2.  The EPA is going to panic at the mere sight of the words on the page.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:47 am »
Call in that guy who used to work over at 20th Century Motors.
Eh.... what's his name?
Was it..... Galt....?