Author Topic: First American With Penis Transplant Says It's Starting To Work Week After Surgery  (Read 743 times)

Offline mirraflake

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3597309/First-American-penis-transplant-says-s-starting-shape-week-revolutionary-surgery-wants-dead-donor-s-family-donuts.html

The first American to have a penis transplant says it is 'starting to take shape' a week after the revolutionary surgery - and wants to take his donor's family for donuts.

Thomas Manning, 64, spent 15 hours on the operating table at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston last week as doctors attached a dead man's penis.

Mr Manning had his own organ amputated in 2012 after developing a particularly aggressive form of penile cancer, leaving him with a one-inch stump.

The procedure will mean that, once his new penis has healed, he will be able to urinate while standing and have sex.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:28:28 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

If this happens to me I instruct my donor to be named Jamal and not Chiang. Is that racist?

Online Lando Lincoln

Why donuts?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cowboyway

If this happens to me I instruct my donor to be named Jamal and not Chiang. Is that racist?

I think Tonto Goldstein would be your preferred donor.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Wingnut

What the hell kind of "organ" donor card did THAT guy sign?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm glad things are looking up for Mr Manning. The donor sounds like he was a stand up guy too.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

What the hell kind of "organ" donor card did THAT guy sign?
If he still were alive today, I'm sure he'd be more than a little surprised (not at being alive today, necessarily, but at just how generous his donation turned out to be).  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org