Author Topic: 5-Year-Old Girl Suspended For Bringing Bubble Gun To School  (Read 822 times)

rangerrebew

5-Year-Old Girl Suspended For Bringing Bubble Gun To School

http://downtrend.com/71superb/5-year-old-girl-suspended-for-bringing-bubble-gun-to-school

May 18, 2016| by Brian Anderson

Once again liberal commonsense gun safety reforms have averted a potential mass shooting. A 5-year-old kindergarten homegrown terrorist brought a bubble gun to class in Colorado, but thanks to the school district’s zero tolerance policy, the threat was neutralized. The dangerous weapon was confiscated and the little girl was suspended. Just think of how many lives were saved by these sane and rational gun safety policies.

ABC 7 reports that a little girl, whose name is being withheld at the request of her mother, brought a clear plastic gun that shoots out bubbles to Southeast Elementary in Brighton, CO on Monday. Before class started, she took the deadly weapon from her backpack and showed it to her friends in the hallway. Luckily a teacher was there to thwart the nearly disastrous consequences of having such a weapon of mild amusement around children.

The mother, who would also like to remain nameless for “safety concerns,” received a call from the school telling her to come pick her daughter up, because she had been suspended for possessing and brandishing something that could caused laughter and glee.

“I asked, ‘Is it really necessary for me to come get her?’ And they said, ‘Yes, this is our zero tolerance policy, and somebody needs to come get her immediately,” said the mother.

The mother told the school that she was unaware that her daughter had taken the bubble gun to school and pleaded for some sanity.

“I apologized right away and said that I am so sorry she did that. I appreciate that they’re trying to keep our kids safe, I really do. But there needs to be some common sense. It blows bubbles,” she said.

The little girl was so upset by the incident that she doesn’t even want to go back to school following her suspension.

“It’s a shame because it’s the end of the school year, and it’s kind of ending on a bad note now. And she didn’t deserve that. She didn’t deserve a punishment like that,” the mother said.

Nobody from the Adams County School District was willing to do an interview about this, but they did release a brief statement:

“This suspension is consistent with our district policy as well as how Southeast has handled similar situations throughout this school year,” read the statement.

As it turns out, that statement was complete bullshit. Here’s the school district’s zero tolerance policy:

According to the District’s policy for weapons in school, discretionary discipline may be used if a student displays “a firearm facsimile that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm.”

Is there really someone so dense that they think this clear plastic toy is a replica of a real firearm? Maybe that Muslim guy who found a blow-up sex doll and thought it was an angel would, but any reasonable person can see this thing is anything but an actual gun.

The problem seems to lie with the word “reasonable” which liberal gun-averse educators are most certainly not. Zero tolerance policies aren’t even good intentioned. They don’t make students safer. They aren’t designed to keep people from bringing real guns to school nor do they stop killers on those rare occasions when that happens. They only thing these policies do are traumatize and punish kids for being kids.

Great job liberals. Way to mind-f*ck a generation of young children for no particular reason at all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:04:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Suspended For Bringing Bubble Gun To School
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:56:02 pm »
Great job liberals. Way to mind-f*ck a generation of young children for no particular reason at all.
There's a reason. These children will be prepared and trained to give in when the police act the same way. They will know that big brother is just watching out for them.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »
By Hilary Hanson
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kindergartener-bubble-gun-suspension_us_573c9518e4b0646cbeebb18a

Thank God someone intervened. It could have been a soap bath.

That is, if Southeast Elementary in Brighton, Colorado, hadn’t stopped a kindergartener who was wielding a
bubble-blowing “gun” at recess. The school subsequently suspended the girl for a day.

“I apologized right away and said that I am so sorry she did that,” her mother told local news station ABC 7.
“I appreciate that they’re trying to keep our kids safe, I really do. But there needs to be some common sense.
It blows bubbles.”

The mother spoke anonymously with ABC7 but identified herself to Fox 31 as “Emma.” She said hadn’t realized
 that her daughter had put the toy in her backpack before heading to school.

The school released a statement on Tuesday, standing by the suspension:

While we hear and understand the parents of this student being concerned about this discipline in light of the
student’s age and type of item, this suspension is consistent with our district policy as well as how Southeast
has handled similar situations throughout this school year. This has involved similar situations where students
have brought items such as Nerf guns to school and also received one-day suspensions. The bringing of
weapons, real or facsimile, to our schools by students can not only create a potential safety concern but also
cause a distraction for our students in the learning process. Our schools, particularly Southeast because of
past instances with students bringing fake weapons to school, make a point of asking parents to be partners
in making sure students are not bringing these items to school. This includes asking parents to check
backpacks.

Given that the girl brought out the bubble gun during recess, it’s unclear how it would “cause a distraction”
in “the learning process.” However, forcing a child to miss a day of school definitely interrupts the learning
process.

Her mother is also concerned that her daughter carrying a “fake gun” will now be in her permanent school
file, according to Fox News.

Schools across the nation have faced similar scourges of harmless toys for years. A 5-year-old was suspended
in 2013 after bringing a pink “Hello Kitty” bubble gun with her to school. And other educational institutions have
grappled with threats like a fake finger pistol, students playing with toy weapons nowhere near the school and a
pastry bitten into a gun shape.

We ought to bring corporal punishment back into the schools---and use it on the administrators.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 10:50:48 pm »
By Hilary Hanson
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kindergartener-bubble-gun-suspension_us_573c9518e4b0646cbeebb18a

Given that the girl brought out the bubble gun during recess, it’s unclear how it would “cause a distraction”
in “the learning process.” However, forcing a child to miss a day of school definitely interrupts the learning
process.

Her mother is also concerned that her daughter carrying a “fake gun” will now be in her permanent school
file, according to Fox News.

Schools across the nation have faced similar scourges of harmless toys for years. A 5-year-old was suspended
in 2013 after bringing a pink “Hello Kitty” bubble gun with her to school. And other educational institutions have
grappled with threats like a fake finger pistol, students playing with toy weapons nowhere near the school and a
pastry bitten into a gun shape.

We ought to bring corporal punishment back into the schools---and use it on the administrators.

:thumbsup:

On the unions too. 

geronl

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:42 pm »
Just imagine that the people who suspended her would be fine with it if she were sleeping around